Navigator in a movie in 2004

LindaM

The movie is called After the Sunset. Don Cheadle, Pierce Brosnan, Salma Hayek and Woody Harrelson were in it. DH showed me part...the smoking lounge is shown along with the Navigator lounge, and some random hallways. I did a search to see if you guys knew about it, but couldn't find anything!

We were scheduled to be on the Navigator in December of 2003 but were changed over to the Mariner due to filming. Both the Mariner and the Navigator were docked together in Nassau or Key West - I can't remember which - and we were able to watch parts of the film being shot. One scene had a guy running down a dock line...this scene was shot over and over to get it right. It was interesting. I had wondered if the film ever made it to theaters...it never made it to ours. Thanks for your post.

We were scheduled to be on the Navigator in December of 2003 but were changed over to the Mariner due to filming. Both the Mariner and the Navigator were docked together in Nassau or Key West - I can't remember which - and we were able to watch parts of the film being shot. One scene had a guy running down a dock line...this scene was shot over and over to get it right. It was interesting. I had wondered if the film ever made it to theaters...it never made it to ours. Thanks for your post.

We have ATT Uverse. DH said he found it on Sundance or IFC. He's going to look it up---I will post if it's something different.

We have ATT Uverse. DH said he found it on Sundance or IFC. He's going to look it up---I will post if it's something different.

It's going to be on Starz this coming Thursday several times.

I see I can get it on Amazon Prime videos. Not sure whether you are wanting to watch it, or just telling us about it? I don't have Starz, only HBO.

Edited by jhp

As long time RSSC cruisers and been on the Navigator many times, Mom and I saw it first run at the movies. Seems I remember seeing the F&B manager at the time in it. Forget his name, but a redheaded Aussie.

LindaM, Thanks for the heads up on it being on STARZ this week!!

As long time RSSC cruisers and been on the Navigator many times, Mom and I saw it first run at the movies. Seems I remember seeing the F&B manager at the time in it. Forget his name, but a redheaded Aussie.

LindaM, Thanks for the heads up on it being on STARZ this week!!

You are very welcome...it's fun to see something you have experienced in "real life" on the big screen. The last scene in Clint Eastwood "Gran Torino" (among others) is something I see almost everyday. I was mesmerized to see it in a movie!

The reason we initially booked Navigator was because we saw it on a Cruise Travel show.

The movie is called After the Sunset. Don Cheadle, Pierce Brosnan, Salma Hayek and Woody Harrelson were in it. DH showed me part...the smoking lounge is shown along with the Navigator lounge, and some random hallways. I did a search to see if you guys knew about it, but couldn't find anything!

Years ago when we were sailing on the Navigator in the Eastern Caribbean, they actually showed the movie in the theater one night. I thought it was a nice gesture, and the movie wasn't bad either! :)

~Benita