Never met room steward in 7 days?

that happened to us on one of our cruises,

It was like a ghost was cleaning our room...never met him/her..thought that was so strange..

So it does happen..

We had a cabin steward like that on Caribbean Princess.

Hardly if ever saw him/her. Can't even remember the gender or name...

Me to. That is the kind I hope I get every time but rarely do.

Yep. Beats having the "sad-sack" steward we had on a recent Princess cruise. I always felt like I had to cheer him up. It may have been a system he had developed to make sure no one asked him for anything, out of pity for his suffering. But then, few crew members we encountered on Caribbean Princess seemed to us like they were happy on that ship (or with that cruise line?)

I only seen my guy on day 3 or our first cruise. I was disappointed because I had heard such wonderful things. On our princess cruise last year our steward was always around. Thank goodness he was there to tell me I was trying to go into the wrong room every time I went to it.:) He got a big tip.

LOL my room steward was on the other side of the ship and told me I was on the wrong side multiple times. I refuse to say if I was feeling no pain:)

I don't feel the need to exchange email addresses with my room steward, I just want to know who to address my questions to. I see a group in the hall, it's awful not knowing which one to ask for extra towels. On our last cruise we never did figure out who was responsible for our room but on our first, we still remember Randy and measure them all by his excellent service.

I have met our cabin attendants on all of our cruises. Some we saw more than others as we passed them in the hall. Our last cabin attendant learned our names and always greeted us and inquired about our day. Our daughter and son-in-law had the same cabin steward and he enjoyed seeing their one year old baby girl. He knew I was the baby's grandmother. Our daughter and her husband were around his age.

Our daughter mentioned that she is his friend on Facebook now. He had said after one more cruise he would be going home. She knew he made it home and was with his family. I have heard of people e-mailing, also.

This is the opposite extreme of a cabin attendant who does his/her job, but never even meets you. I think my husband would like to meet him/her, but not be quite so friendly as our last cabin steward was. I was fine with the extra attention and would prefer this to never seeing him/her.

• 2 weeks later...
We just got off the Glory May 31 - June 7 sailing.

Our room steward never introduced him/herself and we never saw them.

Finally on day 2 I asked guest services to have the room steward come meet us, unlock the refrigerator, and remove the alcoholic items from it. The guest services person called the "floor manager" and spoke to him. He said the room steward would come meet us as soon as he came on duty that afternoon. No one ever showed up. A guy who said he was just a "runner" finally came by with a ring of about 100 keys. He found 1 that opened the fridge. He said only our room steward could remove the alcoholic items because he didn't have a place to store the stuff. I said OK and he left. A little while later, he came back and said he was authorized to remove the alcohol items. We ran into several people out in the hallways during the cruise that looked like they might be our room steward but when I asked them, they all said no. On day 6 I went guest services again to make sure we didn't get charged by our phantom room steward for the missing alcohol. They vowed to have the floor supervisor meet us and the room steward too. Again, no one ever showed up.

Somehow the room got cleaned, the beds were done, and a towel animal showed up each day. If it had been a Disney Cruise I would have thought that Sorcerer Mickey had something to do with it, but this was Carnival.....

We had prepaid our tips for this cruise and I thought about removing the tips for a minute, but then I decided that the most important thing was that the room got cleaned and so I left the tip as is. We usually give our room steward an extra $20 or $30, but you can't tip someone you have never seen, so no additonal amount was left this time.

Yikes! Which cabin were in? We are on the Glory for a B2B in October. We always enjoy meeting our cabin steward and get to know him/her. Good for you on not leaving extra tip. We also leave the extra, but if this is going to be the case..... Please let me know!

Yikes! Which cabin were in? We are on the Glory for a B2B in October. We always enjoy meeting our cabin steward and get to know him/her. Good for you on not leaving extra tip. We also leave the extra, but if this is going to be the case..... Please let me know!

We had balcony room 7372. It was an excellent location - close to the buffet, cabins above and below for sound insulation.

I image that whoever had our room will not be there in October, so I think you are safe.

LOL my room steward was on the other side of the ship and told me I was on the wrong side multiple times. I refuse to say if I was feeling no pain:)

That gave me a long laugh. Thanks. To stay on topic though I enjoy exchanging pleasantries with crew members I would leave a tip for good service whether or not I had met the steward.

I got the opposite one time the steward was always opening the door even when we had the dnd on the door he never knocked I'm like what's wrong with you? You didn't knock my husband and I are in here enjoying our vacation! At 8:00 on the dot here he comes opening the door without knocking I'm getting dressed for dinner he like I have to turn down the bed I'm like not now I'm getting dressed sometimes you get extremes not sure why!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

that happened to us on one of our cruises, It was like a ghost was cleaning our room...never met him/her..thought that was so strange..

So it does happen..

Actually I think that's really great service. The best room steward in the world is one who supplies your every need but gives you such great service that you never really need to see them. I would be a little disturbed that a needed service was not provided and still the room steward never came and introduced himself. I like to meet the room steward at the beginning of the cruise only to get enough laundry bags for the cruise, and get the refrigerator emptied. Beyond that I pretty much won't bother him for the rest of the cruise. I always post the cruizin sign when I leave the room so that I DON'T have to see the room steward!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app