HAL for teenagers Asia cruise March 2015

Hi everyone, just keen to get an idea on the likely number of teenagers/ kids on a HAL Asian cruise. Have read some conflicting thoughts on numbers kids on HAL cruises. I realise. HAL attracts an older clientele however have noticed in terms of facilities they appear to cater very well for kids too. since this cruise coincides with the Australian Easter school holidays just wondered what the lieklihood of kids on board would be. Appreciate your feedback

There were 300 kids on our first HAL cruise, which we were told was a record. This was in the summer on their largest ship, in the Med. On our last cruise, there were about 35, over the Christmas holidays in South America, on a 1200 passenger ship. My best guess for your cruise, would be somewhere in between. :o Even on the cruise with only 35 kids, dd15 was able to find a group to hang around with. Since they were about the only ones who showed up on a regular basis in the teen club (this was a 21 day cruise), the teen counsel started to schedule things like going to the afternoon tea, which the girls were doing on their own anyway. DD15 and her 2 brothers, ds8 and ds18 all had a good time, regardless of the number of kids on board.

Hi Keith, the cruise is 14 days from Singapore to Hong Kong. However, have noticed on the roll calls there appears to be a few people doing it as part of a 40 or 50 day cruise by staying on board. However, as I said it is at Easter and coincides with Australian school holidays. Keen to hear your thoughts? Thanks

Personally I'd not expect a lot of kids on this length of cruise that time of year to that destination. Depending on the timing American kids only get one week of spring vacation so shorter Caribbean cruises are a lot more attractive and certainly less expensive. Now kids from other countries.....no telling.

I have sailed this time of year on this type of itinerary but on a different cruise line. My experience is that you may see a few children but I would not expect to see many given the length of the voyage and the time of year.

Keith

Last Jan I took my 13 year old from London to Singapore for 36 nights on the Rotterdam. She was the only child aboard(which we knew in advance by calling HAL) and she had a great time-the Club Hal counsellors were available to hang out with her if she wished. This was a segment of a 90 day cruise and there were children for some of the shorter segments.