Checking in with another couple not at platinum level

We are at platinum level and we are cruising with another couple in adjoining rooms. RCCL web site states our reservations are linked. The other couple have not cruised in years and I am not sure if they are even gold status. Can they still use the priority check in with us? For that matter, is their I priority check in at the San Juan pier? Thanks.

I don't think you'll have a problem - just show your sea pass info (showing that you're Platinum) to the person checking it when you enter the terminal and explain that you are traveling together with the other couple. They'll most likely let you check in and board together. (They've done this for us in the past as we are D+ and our son and DIL are Gold. It wasn't in San Juan, but the boarding process seems pretty consistent among departure ports.)

Have a great cruise!

Judy

Just speaking from experience, it will be dependent on the port you are sailing from;).

San Juan if you get there early enough it won't matter. Once business picks up they do start 'sorting' a bit more;).

Bayonne - no way. I was traveling in 2011 with two couples who had never cruised before. They would not even allow me to skip the priority boarding to stay with them:eek:.

Just speaking from experience, it will be dependent on the port you are sailing from;).

San Juan if you get there early enough it won't matter. Once business picks up they do start 'sorting' a bit more;).

Bayonne - no way. I was traveling in 2011 with two couples who had never cruised before. They would not even allow me to skip the priority boarding to stay with them:eek:.

This was NOT our experience at Bayonne, so it doesn't just depend on the port but also on the particular agent working that day.

To the OP: generally, it's not a problem, and the entire group is allow to check in together.

True story:

When we took my girls on their first cruise in 2010 they were 4 and 2 at the time. There was a giant delay getting onto the ship in Miami (Liberty of the Seas) due to some customs issue with the previous cruise. We checked in at noon but were all herded into a big holding room until about 2 pm when they finally started letting people board.

They first let on all people who were part of wedding parties. Then they started letting people on by Crown and Anchor status. They called Diamond+ first, then Diamond. Next came Platinum, which we were at the time. My wife and I got up, took the hands of our 4 and 2 year old, and headed towards the ramp to the ship. We were also travelling with my mother who was Diamond+, and she had waited for us to be allowed to board.

There was a Royal Caribbean employee checking SeaPass cards to make sure you were allowed to board. We showed her the 5 SeaPass cards for the family. Mine and my wife's said Platinum on them, my mother's said Diamond Plus, but the cards for my 4 and 2 year old daughters didn't say anything because it was their first cruise. The Royal Caribbean employee actually said to me, my wife, and my mother, "you three can board now, but these two have to stay here until we call for all passengers to be allowed to board". I almost handed her the diaper bag for the 2 year old and told her to have fun with them.

There was a Royal Caribbean employee checking SeaPass cards to make sure you were allowed to board. We showed her the 5 SeaPass cards for the family. Mine and my wife's said Platinum on them, my mother's said Diamond Plus, but the cards for my 4 and 2 year old daughters didn't say anything because it was their first cruise. The Royal Caribbean employee actually said to me, my wife, and my mother, "you three can board now, but these two have to stay here until we call for all passengers to be allowed to board". I almost handed her the diaper bag for the 2 year old and told her to have fun with them.

Love it.... Must have been a very bored employee who just looked at Sea Passes and not the people.... If one could only see these things coming in advance you would have been ready to hand them the diaper bag and kids.... Would have made everyone in line have a laugh at the employees expense...

Edited by edjny

On our recent cruise this past March & April, we were Platinum and daughter and SIL were taking their first cruise, we all checked in together thru the Priority line then they went to their own counter for actual checkin.

That's exactly what we did on the Navigator two weeks ago. :)

True story:

When we took my girls on their first cruise in 2010 they were 4 and 2 at the time. There was a giant delay getting onto the ship in Miami (Liberty of the Seas) due to some customs issue with the previous cruise. We checked in at noon but were all herded into a big holding room until about 2 pm when they finally started letting people board.

They first let on all people who were part of wedding parties. Then they started letting people on by Crown and Anchor status. They called Diamond+ first, then Diamond. Next came Platinum, which we were at the time. My wife and I got up, took the hands of our 4 and 2 year old, and headed towards the ramp to the ship. We were also travelling with my mother who was Diamond+, and she had waited for us to be allowed to board.

you said they called dia+ first :confused: when were the pinnacles called? :confused: apparently they were not allowed to board until they called " all the rest of the passengers are allowed to board now" WOW

Edited by phish tales

Now I am checking with our TA to see if we can get any further booking discounts off our JS for Oct 19, 2015. I booked it under our Platinum level but since the 3 cruises coming back from Sydney this past March thru April we moved to Diamond. Since the Suites were showing non available 2 days ago probably not. it might would depend on whether our TA wanted to give us more from her commission.:)

Edited by Desert Cruizers

you said they called dia+ first :confused: when were the pinnacles called? :confused: apparently they were not allowed to board until they called " all the rest of the passengers are allowed to board now" WOW

The cruise in question was in 2010. Pinnacle and Emerald levels of Crown and Anchor didn't exist until 2011.