Carnival Glory May 31 Eastern Caribbean with American Table Pics!

CruiserJul

Yay! Finally figured out how to post the pics! Not as easy as it used to be!

Anyway we (me, DH, DD 21 and DS 16) were on the May 31 sailing of the Carnival Glory and had a great time!

A little history - we booked in March room 2314 inside mid-ship. Two days later we changed to deck 8 - 8222 which is also an inside but a more convenient place to be. In early April DH saw that balcony's were only $300 more total so we booked a balcony on deck 8 forward. On April 19 DH was about to make final payment and to his surprise it was now $620 cheaper. We eventually went with room 7372 aft - so 2 floors directly below lido and food and 4 above dining and main lounge.

We flew into FT. Lauderdale from Pittsburgh (we live in Ohio) using Southwest and stayed at the Holiday Inn Dania Beach using points. This was a really nice, new hotel.

We prepaid EZ Travel/Transfer $100 to take us from hotel to Port of Miami and back to FLL on last day. The hotel had a free shuttle to the port of Miami.

IMG_0549_zpsec12ef5c.jpg

Edited by CruiserJul

Got up early and had the free breakfast at the hotel. EZ Express (correct name) picked us up around 10:15 and took us to the port. We arrived at the port at 11:00. There she is!:D Norwegian Getaway and Carnival Victory were also in port with us.

DSCN0504_zps8b29d108.jpg

A contraband pic :cool:

IMG_0551_zps03d1e8d5.jpg

We breezed through security with our 3 bottle of wine and were on board by 11:30. Took a few pics and headed to Deck 9 to eat. DH and DS got Guys burgers (one of many) and DD & I went to Blue Iguana. I got a chicken taco and a pork taco (yum!) and DD got a burrito - minus the wrap - so just the filling on a plate :rolleyes:

IMG_0572_zps266b4c72.jpg

Toppings Bar for Blue Iguana

More salsa bar:

IMG_0574_zps6c75ce56.jpg

So on the left side you get tacos (never had a line):

IMG_0587_zps3e612ad1.jpg

And on the right were the burritos:

IMG_0586_zps59f84340.jpg

At breakfast the left side had these awesome breakfast tacos and the right side had breakfast burritos.

Edited by CruiserJul

Hey Julie, looking forward to your pictures and the review. Sandy and I had a good time on the cruise and really enjoyed meeting everyone. I didn't post a review, but just posted some random thoughts about the cruise on our roll call.

The majority of our pictures were taken with DD's IPhone, so not the best quality. Some were taken with her camera and DH's camera. We haven't downloaded his yet so I may post some things out of order. But I figured you all would rather have Iphone pics vs. no pics at all!:D

Here are some pics from around the ship:

IMG_0571_zps9e093e81.jpg

IMG_0570_zps10c713ec.jpg

IMG_0569_zps4d545d78.jpg

IMG_0567_zps5093697c.jpg

The color changing atrium ceiling:

IMG_0560_zpsb8ec5240.jpg

Hey Julie, looking forward to your pictures and the review. Sandy and I had a good time on the cruise and really enjoyed meeting everyone. I didn't post a review, but just posted some random thoughts about the cruise on our roll call.

Hey Mike! Yes, I saw your comments. We enjoyed meeting everyone! It seems we ran into Cruisinmom (Michelle) and her family quite a bit., which was fun!

Also, we often saw Sandy at the trivia.

I am going to take a break for now....lots of stuff to post so stay tuned!

Hey Mike! Yes, I saw your comments. We enjoyed meeting everyone! It seems we ran into Cruisinmom (Michelle) and her family quite a bit., which was fun!

Also, we often saw Sandy at the trivia.

I am going to take a break for now....lots of stuff to post so stay tuned!

Good time at Trivia for both of us. I won 1 ship on a stick, 1 deck of cards, and 1 medallion. Sandy won 3 ships on a stick. We gave all away to kids we played trivia with the parents, except for 1 ship on a stick and the cards.

Great review so far! We sailed the Glory last year out of Boston...can't wait to see some food pics of the new menu:)...thanks for posting

Edited by jbhcw

Julie,

Cant wait to read your review! :D

I posted some thoughts too on our Roll Call.... but I better get to writing my review soon.

Hi Lorena! We had fun hanging out with you too! I saw your comments on the roll call and look forward to your review!

We also stopped by Fish N Chips while waiting to get into our room. DS and I got ceviche:

IMG_0606_zpsa457d991.jpg

IMG_0605_zps2fb677f6.jpg

IMG_0602_zpsb3146716.jpg

Pics of Red Sail Restaurant (buffet):

IMG_0595_zps3c7a219f.jpg

We found that it was much less crowded if you eat upstairs by the Fish N Chips..

IMG_0600_zpsa9715dec.jpg

IMG_0598_zpsbe0e09de.jpg

I realized I don't have a lot of the food pictures transferred - Horrors :eek:

I thought we had transferred DD's camera to Photobucket.. but we did not. So, tonight I will try to get the picures from the two cameras. Really though the iphone is not bad and so easy.

On with the review!

I do have food pics of the buffet area:

IMG_0588_zps24065b9e.jpg

IMG_0594_zps8b968ce5.jpg

IMG_0593_zps1bf2df05.jpg

IMG_0592_zps144fa641.jpg

IMG_0591_zps6afc3a19.jpg