New to NCL - Booking Q's

fuddrules

I usually DIY booking on cruises but have never booked with NCL.

What's the best way to go about it? I would be booking 1 inside and 1 balcony and would like them to be close.

Is calling them direct a good option?

Also, this is for a cruise out of Venice is 2015, when would be a good time? The prices now seem reasonable. If the price drops after booking, what options, if any, would I have?

One last Q, what about cancellation? If for some reason we can't get (or won't pay the price) airfare, can I cancel with a full refund? Note on this, we would know long before the cruise if in fact airfare is an issue.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Edited by fuddrules

You can get rooms nearby online by requesting cabins - have the deck plan open.

Or you can just call. They can get rooms right across from each other - again, have deck plans handy.

You can cancel a few months before the cruise with no loss.

It would be worth your time to do some airline checking now. Prices from one week to the next could be hundreds of dollars difference. Also, consider going a day or two early to enjoy the city and avoid flight delay issues.

Thanks Garycarla.

We do plan on going early plus visit another city, likely Istanbul. Unfortunately airline prices are not out yet for mid/late June of 2015.

Does anyone know about price drops? Do you just get what you get on price or is there a way to "if prices drop" get an upgrade or credit?

If you haven't made final payment, it is possible to get a full refund and usually fairly easy to adjust to any new pricing released. After final payment, if the price drops, they will usually try to make up the difference first by offering an upgrade. If no upgrade, they will generally offer 25-50% of the difference in price in OBC.

If you use a travel agent hey will do all the leg work finding cabins close together. If you buy travel insurance it will include a canx policy and cover airline delays, lost baggage and a few other things? When in 2015 are you looking to sail? I'm booked 9-23 May out of Venice on Jade

If you use a travel agent hey will do all the leg work finding cabins close together. If you buy travel insurance it will include a canx policy and cover airline delays, lost baggage and a few other things? When in 2015 are you looking to sail? I'm booked 9-23 May out of Venice on Jade

Looking at the June 20th sailing.