splenor review may 28-jun 5

queentashyra

hi all this was my & SO 3rd cruise but the first time cruising with the kids

I wanted to leave at 10am but we ended up leaving nj at 12pm. we loaded up in 2 cars. check-in was a breeze other than the long line to get to an agent. we brought along water and 2 bottles of apple cider for elegant night. We had the letters for children traveling with out both parents but no one ask at check-in or at customs. once on board around 1:30pm-2pm our room was ready dropped off carry on's. we had 3 rooms and we explorer the ship. Pictures to follow trying to figure out how to add.

Edited by queentashyra
spelling errors-cant fix title sorry

First night was VERY rocky. Some of us had motion sickness very severe. Glad I pack some pills and sea bands. 3 islands we visited grand Turk,half moon cay and Nassau .

We had a great room Seward for 2 out of the 3 rooms. Thanks Sara real name arisara.

We had a sucky head waiter, but his assistant Edward was great. On all of our previous cruises we had great everything's you would think with $11pp times 8 we would have awesome service. And I'm not hard to please but at dinner we sat by a table who complained a lot and you know the squeaky wheel gets the oil. We will cruise again regardless of any bad service. We already have an October cruise booked before we left.

I enrolled kids before the cruise. We where late to the 1st day sign up only to find out we didn't need to appear because we did it online. My kids didn't attend to the 3rd day, after that they were hooked!!. Children can arrive at 9 or 10am and pickup was 3:45 and they could return at 6pm for dinner. I had kids in all 4 clubs. 2-5,6-8,12-14,& 15-17. The only who didn't like the clubs so much was the one who was turning 15 in 2 weeks, because she was with 12-14.

Thanks for the review, looking forward to the rest! Did you notice if there were chicken tenders at the grill? Last time we didn't find any and it's the main thing our son likes to eat. Did you do the Seuss breakfast? Thanks!

Thanks for the review, looking forward to the rest! Did you notice if there were chicken tenders at the grill? Last time we didn't find any and it's the main thing our son likes to eat. Did you do the Seuss breakfast? Thanks!

Hello no chicken tenders at the grill. But grilled chicken which was new to me, being at the grill

Looking forward to your review, we cruise this same ship and itinerary next week!

I signed my DD up for the "kids" club (15-17) online. Does that mean we just show up the first night?

When I showed up to orientation the first night, they just handed out the schedule and said since I signed up online I was good to go.

We roamed the ship, showing the kids where there clubs were located at. No takers . We hit the lido deck and everyone on the ship was so friendly, previously I had heard this was an unfriendly cruise location cause of New Yorkers. Lol. Negative!! It was a cold day so no swimming for us. But it didn't seem to bother anyone else. This ship had a retractable roof first time for me.

Our cruise director was Malcolm since I didn't go to any shows I never saw him only on the tv and over the loud speaker. But I saw the rest of the entertainment staff. Fluffy was awesome! And there was Baks and another one who taught the salsa class I forget his name. I must say I am used to seeing the cruise director out and about. Dinner was great , kids were excited they could order whatever they wanted.

The warm melting dessert was a hit for everyone who tried it. The kids stayed after for dessert each night. On the 3rd night my boyfriend ask his daughter for a taste of hers and he ended up eating the whole thing. They chose butter pecan ice cream instead of vanilla. I am not a fan but I don't like sweets and it was kind of bitter but as I said everyone else loved it.

We roamed the ship, showing the kids where there clubs were located at. No takers . We hit the lido deck and everyone on the ship was so friendly, previously I had heard this was an unfriendly cruise location cause of New Yorkers. Lol. Negative!! It was a cold day so no swimming for us. But it didn't seem to bother anyone else. This ship had a retractable roof first time for me.

Our cruise director was Malcolm since I didn't go to any shows I never saw him only on the tv and over the loud speaker. But I saw the rest of the entertainment staff. Fluffy was awesome! And there was Baks and another one who taught the salsa class I forget his name. I must say I am used to seeing the cruise director out and about. Dinner was great , kids were excited they could order whatever they wanted.

The warm melting dessert was a hit for everyone who tried it. The kids stayed after for dessert each night. On the 3rd night my boyfriend ask his daughter for a taste of hers and he ended up eating the whole thing. They chose butter pecan ice cream instead of vanilla. I am not a fan but I don't like sweets and it was kind of bitter but as I said everyone else loved it.

Fluffy is hilarious! Banks was newer and the guy that taught Salsa I think was Ezra (or something similiar..lol..)

warm chocolate melting cake is my favorite!!!!

Also no we didn't do the breakfast or the parade. Sorry