Alaska Photojournal – Coral Princess + DIY Land Tour May 28 – June 9, 2014

AryMay

Wow Arymay what a wonderful review and photos!

Have just spent my morning reading and looking at your wonderful photos! Going to look at your blog now of your other trips!

Hoping to do a southbound cruise on the Coral next year with a land tour first (not sure if DIY, cruise tour or other land tour company). I have book marked a lot of the sites you visited for future reference. Also plan on taking the train from Vancouver to Seattle at the end of the cruise to spend some time in Seattle and then venturing further south via train to San Francisco, so your photos and tips about seating will be very helpful.

Your recount of your daily adventures and the photos were very inspiring! Thank you!

Thanks for your comments...glad the review was helpful. Hopefully you found the posts on my blog from San Francisco (March 2016 and May 2017). I had never even been to California prior to 2016 but after spending several nights in San Francisco we fell in love with the city (and that is saying a lot since we aren't "city people"!)

When we booked our second cruise to Alaska in May 2017 I was thrilled to be leaving out of San Francisco again. On that trip we got outside of my comfort zone and rented bicycles to ride across the Golden Gate Bridge. My husband is an avid bike rider and going 30 or 40 miles at a time is nothing to him, but it was quite an accomplishment for me! At my age (early 60's) it isn't something I will do again, but I am proud to say I did it once!

In just a few hours we are leaving for our next cruise and I am excited that one of the ports will be San Francisco! Your plans to take the train there from Vancouver sound so fun and something I would love to do.

Good luck on all of your planning and have a great time visiting the beautiful state of Alaska!

Thanks so much Arymay for this photojournal on Alaska. We are going for the first time to Alaska on a Princess cruisetour with land first Southbound in August on the Island Princess this year. I wish I would have found this earlier as I thought the starboard balcony would be the way to go when I booked much earlier this year. I am now looking into a camera to take as I have a dslr with a zoom lens which would be more cumbersome than yours. Can't wait to see your new review. So appreciate all the time you spent doing this review!!!