Summit - some buffet items

sue58

Are those marshmallows in the chocolate fountain picture? Asking for my son. :)

Not sure if the pictures are of marshmallows, but they had tons of marshmallows on our cruise when they did the chocolate fountains.

Edited by CruisingChick

Thqnks for posting the pics

We'd give it a try but only if food is freshly cooked and served....warm panini is not appealing...

At the sandwich station, they offer both cooked to your order, you pick all the fixings and they prep it for you, and they have some pre-made ones. I hate standing there for 4 minutes for a sandwich to cook, so I like grabbing the ready made ones, even if the cheese is no longer melty. Same reasons I don't do omelets for breakfast, rather take something ready and get to eating and not wait...also avoid pasta bar. I often grab eggs benedict as it has muffin already done, as I also hate waiting for toast to toast at a buffet. I do sometimes go for the stir fry station at dinner though I'll admit. but it's pretty quick :-)

to each their own, it's nice Celebrity has options that satisfy both methods of grabbing breakfast and lunch, - grab and go, or cooked to order and wait for exactly what one wants.

At the sandwich station, they offer both cooked to your order, you pick all the fixings and they prep it for you, and they have some pre-made ones. I hate standing there for 4 minutes for a sandwich to cook, so I like grabbing the ready made ones, even if the cheese is no longer melty. Same reasons I don't do omelets for breakfast, rather take something ready and get to eating and not wait...also avoid pasta bar. I often grab eggs benedict as it has muffin already done, as I also hate waiting for toast to toast at a buffet. I do sometimes go for the stir fry station at dinner though I'll admit. but it's pretty quick :-)

to each their own, it's nice Celebrity has options that satisfy both methods of grabbing breakfast and lunch, - grab and go, or cooked to order and wait for exactly what one wants.

Options are always good b/c tastes and schefules vary...

we love the omelet guy/gal....and also the waffles ..not available in Blu

How do you think this concept would translate to S class buffet configuration.

Options are always good b/c tastes and schefules vary...

we love the omelet guy/gal....and also the waffles ..not available in Blu

How do you think this concept would translate to S class buffet configuration.

I think it would translate much easier, and make more sense from a perspective of flow. That they already have dedicated islands, and tray stands and not so much need to wander to see whats there, it's all right in front of you.

I'd like them to make the waffles making self-serve, like many hotels do these days. It's simple enough, pour some batter close the lid, spin it and wait for the beep.

I find they duplicate some things already so there is space. By removing the big pans, they free space to put out multiple new items so they can get 2 new pre-plated items in the place of a big ban practically. They would have to double up on the egg staff I think, maybe doing eggs at the pizza/pasta station as well, and entice people to Mast grill outdoors which is at far end of pool deck (and up 1 level too I think?) versus on M class sits nearer the cafe where it makes more logical sense.

Lunch and dinner, I think will work out pretty well without needing the Mast grill to take the edge off the push for custom eggs.

Edited by cle-guy

I think it would translate much easier, and make more sense from a perspective of flow. That they already have dedicated islands, and tray stands and not so much need to wander to see whats there, it's all right in front of you.

I'd like them to make the waffles making self-serve, like many hotels do these days. It's simple enough, pour some batter close the lid, spin it and wait for the beep.

I find they duplicate some things already so there is space. By removing the big pans, they free space to put out multiple new items so they can get 2 new pre-plated items in the place of a big ban practically. They would have to double up on the egg staff I think, maybe doing eggs at the pizza/pasta station as well, and entice people to Mast grill outdoors which is at far end of pool deck (and up 1 level too I think?) versus on M class sits nearer the cafe where it makes more logical sense.

Lunch and dinner, I think will work out pretty well without needing the Mast grill to take the edge off the push for custom eggs.

Curt - what is your email address? It won't let me email you from the link.

I would be throwing a lot of food in the garbage!! and so would my husband. Having to take a bowl of food to get a bit of one thing would ruin the whole buffet concept for us. Neither of us eat enough to gain weight but enough of the right foods to be healthy and energetic and want to choose our own combinations

I would be throwing a lot of food in the garbage!! and so would my husband. Having to take a bowl of food to get a bit of one thing would ruin the whole buffet concept for us. Neither of us eat enough to gain weight but enough of the right foods to be healthy and energetic and want to choose our own combinations

I agree, I think that Celebrity might be rethinking that.

Are those marshmallows in the chocolate fountain picture? Asking for my son. :)

Sorry for the delay. I just took a close up look at the picture and yes there are marshmallows. There are also chunks of fruit, fruit kebabs, biscotti, thin waffles like stroopwafels and it looks like brownie squares and doughnut holes.

I only noticed the chocolate fountain at the buffet one day so make sure you ask when it is going to be there so your son doesn't miss it. :)

Can celebrity please come on here and confirm they have NOT changed the size of the cutlery.:D

Celebrity COULD come here and confirm they are using normal size cutlery....BUT......that doesn't mean it will be the same size next week or next month.:D

Sorry for the delay. I just took a close up look at the picture and yes there are marshmallows. There are also chunks of fruit, fruit kebabs, biscotti, thin waffles like stroopwafels and it looks like brownie squares and doughnut holes.

I only noticed the chocolate fountain at the buffet one day so make sure you ask when it is going to be there so your son doesn't miss it. :)

It was only once on our recent 15 night cruise, as it replaced the grand buffet.

You were lucky. Some place I have a picture of the offerings we had: marshmallows and a small platter of picked-over fruit. No kebobs, biscotti, thin waffles, donut holes etc. Not worth the effort.

Celebrity COULD come here and confirm they are using normal size cutlery....BUT......that doesn't mean it will be the same size next week or next month.:D

Funny you ask. On the Summit they had the same exact cutlery that I have at home and mine is standard size.