Will they ever change chef's table menu???

HERE'S a link explaining what it's all about.

While I find it somewhat interesting, I hope that it is not such a focus that more traditional values (flavor, preparation, creativity) take a backseat to it!

Tom

Interesting, thanks Tom

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my iPhone

Overall, I find the Steakhouse more enjoyable than the Chef's Table... and certainly more "to the point"! (Great food, service, atmosphere)

Tom

Agree on that as well. Went twice tot eh Steakhouse on our Splendor cruise 8/4. The scales back home can attest to it....:eek:

From what I've read, the Chef's Table on the Sunshine is held ... in the Steakhouse?? How many places do they have at the table? Considering treating my staff to this one night (perhaps a dozen people). If it is indeed in there - do they block off the end of it, and do some table rearranging ?? Just curious how that would work in there.

We've done the CT perhaps 5-6 times (in the galley, library, disco). We much prefer the original menu, and hope that it changes by early next year.

Tom

We enjoyed the original menu as well. Have to say after the Chef's Table on Princess, Carnival's is good but certainly not the as good as Princess. The $95 charge on Princess was worth every penny!!! The flaming filet mignon tree, risotto, lamb and lobster were awesome. This being said, we always book the Chef's Table no matter what line we are traveling on.

Edited by tootsiescurly

This is the menu from the Princess Chef's Table.

[ATTACH]322518[/ATTACH]

We requested the Chef's Table on our Caribbean Princess sailing a couple of years ago - though they declined to let us know if we "made the cut" until the 3rd or 4th day (can't recall) even though we were first on their list of requests. They also would not tell us what night it would be on. Their policy in that regard caused us to decline the "offer" when it finally came, as we had found it necessary to shift our UBD (Ultimate Balcony Dining?) to the night that the Chef's Table ended up being on.

Why they feel the need to play such games is beyond me.. hard to make plans that way! (They ended up having it on the night that all reports indicated that it always fell on)...

From all reports though, they do it up right !!

Tom

We requested the Chef's Table on our Caribbean Princess sailing a couple of years ago - though they declined to let us know if we "made the cut" until the 3rd or 4th day (can't recall) even though we were first on their list of requests. They also would not tell us what night it would be on. Their policy in that regard caused us to decline the "offer" when it finally came, as we had found it necessary to shift our UBD (Ultimate Balcony Dining?) to the night that the Chef's Table ended up being on.

Why they feel the need to play such games is beyond me.. hard to make plans that way! (They ended up having it on the night that all reports indicated that it always fell on)...

From all reports though, they do it up right !!

Tom

Yes they do!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off Breeze this morning. While we had the old menu still, the chef said that it was changing next month (sept) and that valor, liberty, and a few others (I'm assuming the conquest class) already have the changed menu. Has anyone done the CT on a conquest class ship in the last few weeks that can share what was on their menu?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hmmmmm.....I'll be on the Liberty next month and am very intrigued by the idea the menu is already changed. The menu I had seen wasn't all that interesting to me (I'm a chef so I may be a little more blase than some ;) But I would love to see the new menu!

• 4 weeks later...
Hmmmmm.....I'll be on the Liberty next month and am very intrigued by the idea the menu is already changed. The menu I had seen wasn't all that interesting to me (I'm a chef so I may be a little more blase than some ;) But I would love to see the new menu!

Someone posted the new menu in another thread and I hijacked it :D

2014 new chef's table menu.pdf

Someone posted the new menu in another thread and I hijacked it :D

Thanks for the hijack !

It seems with each iteration they're flexing their creative palate.

Some of it sounds good, others not so much. Time will tell though - I've reserved 14 seats on the Sunshine early next year. It will be nice experiencing all of that and not having, at the same time, to meet new tablemates !

Tom

How does one make reservations?

Do you need to wait until your cruise or can you make them ahead of time? And how do you make them? Is there a number you call or do you go to guest services when you board?

Thanks for your answers to these questions! :)

How does one make reservations?

Do you need to wait until your cruise or can you make them ahead of time? And how do you make them? Is there a number you call or do you go to guest services when you board?

Thanks for your answers to these questions! :)

Reservations can be requested ahead of time through the Steakhouse (via email). You simply need the email address and your booking info.

The email address is in this format:

XXsteakhouse@carnival.com --- where XX is the two letter code for the ship.

It's common that prior to the cruise they won't be able to confirm which night the Chef's Table will be, but they can usually give you a couple of likely candidates.

Tom

Reservations can be requested ahead of time through the Steakhouse (via email). You simply need the email address and your booking info.

The email address is in this format:

XXsteakhouse@carnival.com --- where XX is the two letter code for the ship.

It's common that prior to the cruise they won't be able to confirm which night the Chef's Table will be, but they can usually give you a couple of likely candidates.

Tom

Thank you Tom! The ship is the Splendor. Do you know the 2 letter code for it?

Thank you Tom! The ship is the Splendor. Do you know the 2 letter code for it?

I just found the following info in the Carnival Funville forums:

Ship Abbreviations

Dream Class

Carnival Breeze = BR

Carnival Magic= MC

Carnival Dream= DR

Splendor Class

Carnival Splendor=SL

Conquest Class

Carnival Freedom=FD

Carnival Liberty=LI

Carnival Valor=VA

Carnival Glory=GL

Carnival Conquest=CQ

Spirit Class

Carnival Miracle=MI

Carnival Legend=LE

Carnival Pride=PR

Carnival Spirit=SP

Triumph Class

Carnival Victory=VI

Carnival Triumph=TI

Destiny Class

Carnival Destiny=DE

Sunshine Class

Carnival Sunshine=SH

Fantasy Class

Carnival Paradise=PA

Carnival Elation=EL

Carnival Inspiration=IS

Carnival Imagination=IM

Carnival Fascination=FS

Carnival Sensation=SE

Carnival Ecstasy=EC

Carnival Fantasy=FA

Tom

I just found the following info in the Carnival Funville forums:

Ship Abbreviations

Dream Class

Carnival Breeze = BR

Carnival Magic= MC

Carnival Dream= DR

Splendor Class

Carnival Splendor=SL

Conquest Class

Carnival Freedom=FD

Carnival Liberty=LI

Carnival Valor=VA

Carnival Glory=GL

Carnival Conquest=CQ

Spirit Class

Carnival Miracle=MI

Carnival Legend=LE

Carnival Pride=PR

Carnival Spirit=SP

Triumph Class

Carnival Victory=VI

Carnival Triumph=TI

Destiny Class

Carnival Destiny=DE

Sunshine Class

Carnival Sunshine=SH

Fantasy Class

Carnival Paradise=PA

Carnival Elation=EL

Carnival Inspiration=IS

Carnival Imagination=IM

Carnival Fascination=FS

Carnival Sensation=SE

Carnival Ecstasy=EC

Carnival Fantasy=FA

Tom

Good find!

I have never booked reservation to chef's table on the ship... always booked it on line through steak house. As you can see from this thread someone has already booked for the splendor for 14 guest. That is capacity for one night. they usually take 12 guest.

On the steak house reservation page this is how I do it.

first name spot ... put first and last name

last name location ... that is where I put I want reservation for chef's table (I put it in CAPS) * reservation for chefs table*

fill the rest of the form out

for the date I just put in the first night we sail.

This way has never let me down, I have always received a confirmation, if I wait until we board there maybe no spots left and we don' know if they will run more than one chef's table per cruise

I have never booked reservation to chef's table on the ship... always booked it on line through steak house. As you can see from this thread someone has already booked for the splendor for 14 guest. That is capacity for one night. they usually take 12 guest.

On the steak house reservation page this is how I do it.

first name spot ... put first and last name

last name location ... that is where I put I want reservation for chef's table (I put it in CAPS) * reservation for chefs table*

fill the rest of the form out

for the date I just put in the first night we sail.

This way has never let me down, I have always received a confirmation, if I wait until we board there maybe no spots left and we don' know if they will run more than one chef's table per cruise

I'm just pleased that they are willing to allow people to pre-book. On Princess, which has a very well reviewed Chef's Table, you put in a request on the first day - but may not hear back for 2-4 days if you've been "selected". When we boarded the Caribbean Princess we were the first on the request list - but they still would not confirm... I suppose until they had enough people to actually have a Chef's Table.

Tom

I'm wondering if anyone has heard any news on this. We've done the 2nd menu 2 times' date=' and we LOVE the special attention, the behind-the-scenes peek, and so on. Although we were satisfied with repeating the same menu, since it was on different ships with different chefs, we are ready for something new this year! We are cruising in just a few weeks, and it would be another new ship/new chef experience, but we'd really like to try a new menu. Have to decide if it's worth it......[/quote']

2 year old Chef's Table menu? I'm still waiting for changing of the 20 year old Spoon Game!! :rolleyes:

(but yes, Chef's Table is awesome, and experiencing the new surprise of something new appearing is the best part! And I too miss that feeling.)

I'm just pleased that they are willing to allow people to pre-book. On Princess, which has a very well reviewed Chef's Table, you put in a request on the first day - but may not hear back for 2-4 days if you've been "selected". When we boarded the Caribbean Princess we were the first on the request list - but they still would not confirm... I suppose until they had enough people to actually have a Chef's Table.

Tom

The Chef's Table on Princess was really outstanding. The flaming filet mignon tree was awesome!!! :D Everything was awesome. Well worth the $95.