Is this normal for HAL?

gertiesmom

We also got a free room in late April with our cruise in a Neptune suite. Hotel was Pan Pacific and it was very nice with a great staff. The bellman even twice refused tips, stating that HAL has already tipped him and they were quite generous. Nice touch.

We had the same free room deal about 3 years ago.

DaveOKC

When we book a cruise to Alaska in a Neptune Suite we always get the hotel included, whether it is out of Seattle or Vancouver, as stated by Crew News above.

I know nothing about the World Cruises and hotels, but according to my source, You only get the Hotel Included when the cruise is out of Seattle or Vancouver. They do not offer them in other cities/ports such as Fort Lauderdale. Keep in mind that I said I do not know about the World Cruises, nor if they are offered as free when you are in a Pinnacle Suite.

We have been lucky enough to stay at the Fairmont Olympic Seattle, the Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver and Pan Pacific Vancouver.

We do not have a free hotel this cruise because of 2 reasons;

1 We up sold to our Neptune Suite on the first week to late and the blocks of rooms HAL had were already sold out

2. We did not originally book a Neptune Suite.

Keep in mind also that HAL submits a list of their passengers who will be receiving the free hotel stay(s). If your name(s) are not on the list and you use a code to try and get the free room, you will have a problem.......

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Keep in mind also that HAL submits a list of their passengers who will be receiving the free hotel stay(s). If your name(s) are not on the list and you use a code to try and get the free room, you will have a problem.......

Joanie

I hope everyone understood you have to have HAL add the promo code. Then it will show up on your resv. What hotel.

When you check in to the hotel they will tell you what time the free bus leaves for the pier 91.

Joanie

I hope everyone understood you have to have HAL add the promo code. Then it will show up on your resv. What hotel.

When you check in to the hotel they will tell you what time the free bus leaves for the pier 91.

I have never ever been given a code and have never ever had any problems. And I always have to call the hotels at least 2 weeks in advance in order to make sure someone in the hotel will sign for my rental scooter.

I just want people to understand that they cannot book say an Inside cabin and then get a free hotel room using a code given by someone on one of the forums.

Hope I make sense to one and all

Joanie

I have never ever been given a code and have never ever had any problems. And I always have to call the hotels at least 2 weeks in advance in order to make sure someone in the hotel will sign for my rental scooter.

I just want people to understand that they cannot book say an Inside cabin and then get a free hotel room using a code given by someone on one of the forums.

Hi Joanie

You only read my last post if you read all the early post I think it's clear. You need to book a Neptune suite, we are also talking about a cruise to AK. from

Seattle. (Yes I know it's the same promo leaving from Vancouver).

You must ask for the promo when calling HAL your self they don't automatic

give it to you.

If you read under HALS specials you will see the promo code you need to ask for listed with many more that HAL is offering at a giving time. The reason I listed the code was to make it easier for someone to inquire about it. I'm sure this code is only good for the 2014 cruises & not all cruises are included.

I choose to belive that anyone reading this form can understand that they not entitled to anything free from HAL.

You only read my last post if you read all the early post I think it's clear. You need to book a Neptune suite, we are also talking about a cruise to AK. from

give it to you.

If you read under HALS specials you will see the promo code you need to ask for listed with many more that HAL is offering at a giving time. The reason I listed the code was to make it easier for someone to inquire about it. I'm sure this code is only good for the 2014 cruises & not all cruises are included.

I choose to belive that anyone reading this form can understand that they not entitled to anything free from HAL.

You did make it clear, especially in your previous post above. Thanks. I'm sure no one would book an inside cabin and expect a free night in a hotel.;) Having said that, confusion might be due to the fact that on many products one can search for a "promo code" but I can't imagine that stretching to a cruise package.:)

Hi Joanie

give it to you.

You are right I did not see that sentence.

However you do not need to ask for it (or at least WE have never had to), if you have a good PCC or TA. I have never asked for a promo code nor have I had to have booked a Neptune Suite originally as I've received the Hotel after accepting a Free Upgrade from a Verandah Stateroom VA category, if I remember correctly. I remember that one because it

Our HAL PCC has always been on the ball and told us of the Hotel Choices. She usually has to wait though to give us the name of the hotel until HAL actually turns the Hotel names over to her. THOUGH, I know that HAL has contracts with the various Hotels they use, I think they hold out until 3 - 6 months or so before the actual cruise date.

Just giving my experiences, I'm sure others have had different experiences from mine, as you pointed out for yourself.

I guess this shows me just how on the ball my PCC is and why we never worry when we book through her:)

Joanie

I am a newbie on the Panama Canal cruise and our cruise ends in Vancouver and does not start there.

If I am reading these posts correctly, this offer is only for cruises departing from Vancouver, not arriving in Vancouver, correct?

Our cruise ends in Vancouver

I am a newbie on the Panama Canal cruise and our cruise ends in Vancouver and does not start there.

If I am reading these posts correctly, this offer is only for cruises departing from Vancouver, not arriving in Vancouver, correct?

Good question Jacqui. I have no idea. I know they do not have this in FLL but it never hurts to ask.

Joanie

Kazu

This promo is for Alaskan Cruise's only. Departing from Seattle or Vancouver.

The military rate isn't published. You have to call HAL and ask. Then, they will give you a list of cruises you can use the discount on. We have one active duty and one veteran and we had to send in some forms. It's only on limited cruises.

Unfortunately, our active duty family member just got deployed 3 days ago, so he can't go. They are still giving us the military discount, and thankfully, we had insurance for him. Yesterday I made a "flat David" to take with us. It won't be the same, but it will make for some fun pics!

We are here in seattle, and the hotel was free, along with all the transportation! We are very pleased already and i am super excited to sail on the amsterdam tomorrow!

So glad it all worked out right. Bon Voyage - have a wonderful cruise.:D

• 3 weeks later...