Any Miami hotels with free POM shuttle?

Wonderwoman1227

Flying into FLL but cruising out of Miami. We have 6 people. Least expensive transfer to Miami hotel AND looking for a shuttle to port of Miami. Heard some hotels have a free shuttle to port. Anyone know which hotel? Leaving out in August. Thanks for any help :)

Perhaps, but they will be out by the airport and this is not optimal. Not much else out there. Plus, you are at the mercy of the time they want to take you, not to mention the first, second, and third shuttle may be full. See what I'm saying?

The downtown hotels do not shuttle to the POM because if they did, that's all they would be doing all weekend long. You will need 2 cabs for your party, which if you stay downtown will probably run you 15 bucks tops, each.

Please don't base your hotel on a "free" shuttle. Often, it's built into the price, or it's at a crappy hotel. Trust me, I and many others have been here for years and this is asked often. Miami is a beautiful city, vibrant and alive - you should make the most of it and not worry about a shuttle. :)

August is a great time for lower Miami hotel rates. Stay downtown or in Brickell area. You 'll be near restarurants and stores. Don't worry about shuttles to the port.

Edited by eandj

So if the hotel doesn't have a shuttle, we will need to get a cab to the port?

Yup - and from downtown Miami hotels a taxi to POM will run about $12+tip for the cab. Unless someone in your group packs like my wife :o you might be able to squeeze all 6 into a min-van cab (same price as a standard sedan cab). The ride takes about 5-7 minutes depending upon your luck with the lights.

You may be better off staying near FLL and then taking a shuttle to POM the morning of your cruise. http://www.sunny.org has lots of tourist and lodging info on the FLL area.

Our family of 5 flew into Ft Lauderdale and cruised from POM the next day.

We did a lot of research and decided to stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites FLL. The hotel has an airport shuttle and stores and restaurants within walking distance. The rooms and hotel was spotless and a free breakfast was a nice perk. Great pool area too.

The next morning we hired QLS shuttle service for a 9am pick-up. They were great to work with an I would use them again if in the area. We also used them for our return trip back to FLL airport, after debark from the cruise. Again, they were in constant communication and very easy to locate.

We did not stay here, but did find that the Springhill Suites downtown Miami is only 3 miles from the port and offers a free shuttle there...... Just not a return shuttle. The hotel had good reviews and also has that nice perk of a complimentary breakfast, all room suites and free shuttle service within a 3-4 mile radius of the hotel. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/local-things-to-do/miahd-springhill-suites-miami-airport-east-medical-center/

Good luck to you and have a great time.

• 3 weeks later...

We did not stay here, but did find that the Springhill Suites downtown Miami is only 3 miles from the port and offers a free shuttle there...... Just not a return shuttle. The hotel had good reviews and also has that nice perk of a complimentary breakfast, all room suites and free shuttle service within a 3-4 mile radius of the hotel. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/local-things-to-do/miahd-springhill-suites-miami-airport-east-medical-center/

It sounds like a good deal but it appears that you have to pay $8 pp for the POM shuttle but the airport shuttle is free.

It sounds like a good deal but it appears that you have to pay $8 pp for the POM shuttle but the airport shuttle is free.

The shuttle is not free. But even if it is free, we plan to take cab to downtown. It's a few dollars and we don't have to go by the shuttle schedule which is usually limited and you'll have to be among the first people to sign up to be only the earlier shuttles.

hey everyone, i just booked a cruise in miami for 9/7 and I'm driving 10 hours from atlanta. I know this sounds weird but has anyone driven down halfway to miami and just slept in the car somewhere then finished driving down to miami in the morning to hotel then next day you cruise??

I would prefer to find a hotel in miami and just go ahead and drive the 10 hours but i need help finding a decent cheap hotel. Doesn't need to be fancy. I also need details on how to get to the cruise ship the morning of. When i was in port canaveral i parked my car at a hotel and they shuttled me off to the ship. Is there one in Miami or even fort lauderdale that would do this?

Is there one in Miami or even fort lauderdale that would do this?

Understand that from Fort Lauderdale is about a 40-45 minute drive to the POM -- any hotel that includes a "free" shuttle to POM is just building the cost of the transportation into the package.

You should be able to find cheap lodging on 95 north of Miami, especially in Sept after Labor day and then drive to Miami the morning of your cruise.

I booked the Hampton Inn Brickell Viilage. Their Cruise Critic special includes free parking and shuttle to pier

That sounds interesting. How did you find out about the cruise critic special and how did you book it?? Is it available for the Hampton Inn only or is it good for other hotels? thanks for any information.

Oh, I see the Hampton Inn ad at the top of the page. I should look at those ads more often.

Edited by cruisemuse13
new information

hey everyone, i just booked a cruise in miami for 9/7 and I'm driving 10 hours from atlanta. I know this sounds weird but has anyone driven down halfway to miami and just slept in the car somewhere then finished driving down to miami in the morning to hotel then next day you cruise??

There is no where you can stop in the middle of the night that is safe or legal to sleep in your car. State Troopers will wake you at rest stops.

Also keep in mind the interstates and turnpike in Florida are the main transportation for a lot of undesirables.

Unsafe, bad idea to sleep in your car.

the idea of sleeping in the car was a crazy idea that i didn't really want to do but my wife wanted me to ask you all haha. I think i will look into the Hampton Inn Brickell Viilage for the cruising package or find a cheap hotel in fort lauderdale if there cheaper and safer to stay in VS in miami