Princes and palaces-oceania-provence and/or barcelona small group tour

pokerwife

My sister and I are interested in joining others on a small group tour in either Barcelona - 9-13-14 - or Provence on 9-15-14. We have looked into using Spain Day Tours for Barcelona. They seem to have a great reputation and we are using them on some other tours. We are using Oceania for flights so are not yet sure of our schedule but are hoping we arrive in the early morn of 9-13-14 and can get several others that are willing to begin the tour from the airport. Are open for suggestions in connection with Provence.

Thanks!

Monica

You need to post this on the ROLL CALL for your cruise

if you cannot find it again then click on your name then find all posts

you will see your other posts in the Roll call

Edited by LHT28

If you are looking for recommendations for a private tour company in Provence, we had a lovely tour just two weeks ago with Provence Connections, where I finally got to visit the Pont du Gard, on my bucket list for many years. We had six people in a comfy van with good a/c and a very knowledgeable driver/guide, simply a wonderful day.

Monica,

I agree with Lyn that you should go to your roll call BUT ... Barcelona is very easily done on your own, depending on your interests. There is the Hop On/Hop Off bus which while not "cheap" will take you to most places you'd want to visit. It's a very walkable city.

We've been to Barcelona a number of times now but it was only on our most recent visit (last November) where we took a privately guided walking tour.

It's hard to know what you are looking for in terms of a tour, but if you are interested in a walking tour I'm happy to recommend our guide to you. Just email me (see below).

You might also go to the Ports of Call section to see what people recommend. There's so much that is fabulous in Barcelona that it's hard to make a recommendation without knowing how much time you have to spend, and of course, as said before, your personal interests.

Mura

Mura is absolutely right. Barcelona is a rich, wonderful place to visit, and their hop-on/hop-off is one of the best we've experienced. When we were there last November the cost was about $30 US per day per person, and there are two companies following nearly the same route.

I recommend getting a really good tour book for Barcelona to determine what your interests are (architecture, art, history, food, etc.), then repost more specific questions in order to elicit answers specific to your needs.

Have a wonderful time! Barcelona is one of our favorite cities in Europe.