Summit CC 6143 6144 Question

Seacreature101

I did a post on the cabin selection tips but have not had an answer. I have searched and cannot find an answer. These are a couple of the cabins in between the suites on the Summit. Thank you much for your help.

1. Are these cabins just partially covered with the white tarp or completely? Skin cancer in family.

2. Is the view from these cabins a straight down shot to water or do you have any type of jutting out or whatever below that would obstruct your view when looking straight down and standing at edge of balcony? I know I saw it was "unhindered" but does that mean also when you look straight down and not just straight out?

3. If you had it, do you think it was worth the extra money for the location?

Again, thank you.

This is the best photo I have of the balcony overhang. As you can see it does go to the edge. In April my wife stayed on the balcony so she would not get a sunburn while we went thru the Panama Canal. It protected her from overhead but the reflection off the water still made her red.

Yes, you can see straight down no obstructions.

This a good location very quiet. There are only two cabins past these cabins. Very little traffic. On one side you have a suite and the other side is a service walk for the crew. That means you have probably 3 foot buffer between 6143 and the cabin forward.

We have had 6143 four times. If it available I book it. Love the deep balcony and the fact that the deck is teak not steel.

http://images.photo2.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp53487%3Enu%3D47%3C5%3E78%3A%3E237%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3A9%3A73766328nu0mrj

Edited by ozark74

What happened to the loungers that used to be on those balconies?

They got rid of them at the drydock when they added the aqua cabins. Really miss them they were very nice. Big balcony and just table and chairs.

This cabin is a C1. Why don't they have the foot rests like they do on Solstice class?

Good question. As far as I'm concerned, the balcony furniture is a deal breaker for these 4 cabins. They charge too much for them not to have what they used to have. Yes, I understand these cabins are a bit larger, but it was always mostly about the balcony.

This cabin is a C1. Why don't they have the foot rests like they do on Solstice class?

In April on the Infinity we did have the foot stools. We were in 6143.

That still does not makeup for loungers:(

In April on the Infinity we did have the foot stools. We were in 6143.

That still does not makeup for loungers:(

I agree. We haven't been on M class for a while, but we used to book 6143, 6144, 6135, or 6136 for the big balconies. We have booked 6143 for a Panama Canal cruise, and are disappointed to hear about no loungers. The foot stools are a little better, though it's a waste of a nice balcony size to not have a lounger. We are thinking of switching to a regular balcony. C1 is much more expensive, and maybe not worth it.

I agree. We haven't been on M class for a while, but we used to book 6143, 6144, 6135, or 6136 for the big balconies. We have booked 6143 for a Panama Canal cruise, and are disappointed to hear about no loungers. The foot stools are a little better, though it's a waste of a nice balcony size to not have a lounger. We are thinking of switching to a regular balcony. C1 is much more expensive, and maybe not worth it.

I agree. That's what made those cabins worth the outrageous price. Without the appropriate balcony furniture, I'm not sure the price is worth it. I did the Panama Canal in 6143, but it had the loungers then.

Keep checking your cruise to see when they release the corner FOVs for less than parties of 5. There are only 6 of these cabins. Now that would be the way to see the Panama Canal! We managed to snag one for the Norwegian fjords and it was fabulous!

The balcony has so much empty space with just table and chairs. Did an A2 on the Solstice last August and the small balcony was horrible. I will still take 6143 without the lounger just for the bigger balcony.

I agree. That's what made those cabins worth the outrageous price. Without the appropriate balcony furniture, I'm not sure the price is worth it. I did the Panama Canal in 6143, but it had the loungers then.

Keep checking your cruise to see when they release the corner FOVs for less than parties of 5. There are only 6 of these cabins. Now that would be the way to see the Panama Canal! We managed to snag one for the Norwegian fjords and it was fabulous!

Thanks. I'll check it out. We'll probably stay with 6143 anyway, because it was always so quiet back there. :)

• 9 months later...

Yes, those two cabins are a little wider.

I think one of the real plusses is having the butler's pantry on the forward side. The cabins are in a very very quiet part of the ship and there is virtually no noise from anywhere. That is a real plus for a light sleeper.

The lifeboats are more forward so you can see straight down. That's another plus if on a canal cruise.

If you can't get an aft and want a CC cabin then enjoy either of these two jewels 6143/44.

Don't forget that 6135/36 are connecting cabins. There have been scattered reports of noise from the adjoining suites. They are outfitted better than 6143/44 but they are also closer to the atrium.

I think one of the real plusses is having the butler's pantry on the forward side. The cabins are in a very very quiet part of the ship and there is virtually no noise from anywhere. That is a real plus for a light sleeper

Don't forget that 6135/36 are connecting cabins. There have been scattered reports of noise from the adjoining suites. They are outfitted better than 6143/44 but they are also closer to the atrium.

What do you mean outfitted better please? Thank you.

I think one of the real plusses is having the butler's pantry on the forward side. The cabins are in a very very quiet part of the ship and there is virtually no noise from anywhere. That is a real plus for a light sleeper.

The lifeboats are more forward so you can see straight down. That's another plus if on a canal cruise.

If you can't get an aft and want a CC cabin then enjoy either of these two jewels 6143/44.

That's great information, thanks. And, that's why we avoided 6135/36 - I don't like adjoining cabins for a few reasons.

What do you mean outfitted better please? Thank you.

I'm wondering the same thing. I would've thought they were configured the same way but are a bit narrower than 6143/44. Appreciate the help! :)