Meet & Greet

luvseaair

Hi everyone, looking for some advice please. We will be sailing on HAL for the first time this August. Does HAL arrange a Meet & Greet or similar if there is sufficient interest from the roll call. Many thanks :)

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Forums mobile app

Edited by luvseaair

Hi everyone, looking for some advice please. We will be sailing on HAL for the first time this August. Does HAL arrange a Meet & Greet or similar if there is sufficient interest from the roll call. Many thanks :)

Someone from your Roll Call needs to set one up. HAL will assist them, but they need to organize it, not HAL.

Go to the HAL Roll Call Boards and on the top of the page you will see a number of ANNOUNCEMENTS. One of these will be all about Meet and Greets - how to organize and set one up.

DaveOKC

Someone on the roll call usually determines interest and then gets in touch with HAL to set up a venue and time. Usually you can get the time you want determined by what replies you get on your roll call. You may not get the venue you ask for depending on what else Is going on at the time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

As long as you have reasonable numbers - HAL is very flexible and happy to set it up.

I call to arrange it and they kindly fill in the forms and send me an email confirmation. Then you just have to remember to email them about 30 days out with the updated numbers and bring your confirmation with you.

Meet and Greets are usually in the Crow's Nest.

HAL will supply water, coffee, tea, cookies, etc. Sometimes there is something special but it's not often so don't count on it.

If you want officers to come, just tell them but I also do invites for them and have them delivered to them on the first day.

Depending upon the time you select you can also ask for a no host bar (translation - YOU don't pay) but if people want a drink or soda or whatever, they can have it.

It's not that hard to do - keeping track is the work and just make sure when you get to your stateroom that you have the confirmation of the right day, time and venue.

Have fun :) We've met some fantastic people at the meet and greets.

I see that you started a Roll Call for your cruise last November and there is very little activity on it.

Since there are so few of you, your best bet is to arrange for all of you to meet informally at a certain time, day and place.

Many thanks everyone for some great advice. Krazy Kruisers you may be right, for a while on the roll call I was begining to think we'd have the ship to ourselves :eek: Can anyone familiar with the MS Ryndam suggest a place for an informal gathering. I will of course ask what the roll call members will prefer. :)

Many thanks everyone for some great advice. Krazy Kruisers you may be right, for a while on the roll call I was begining to think we'd have the ship to ourselves :eek: Can anyone familiar with the MS Ryndam suggest a place for an informal gathering. I will of course ask what the roll call members will prefer. :)

HAL is very flexible on meet and greets. I didn't look at your roll call (I have to do enough of that for the Future Cruise Listing) but don't feel limited. Ours was really small (it has grown but it is the smallest I have seen - but very active). HAL was very willing to put something together for us.

If you opt for an informal meet and greet - I would do something like the Ocean Bar or the Explorer's Lounge.

I

According to a popular social media website, there is an informal HAL meet & greet for all cruises at 2:30 on embarkation day in the digital lounge. You might try that if there aren't enough people on your roll call.