Mini Suite

Well, of course! :rolleyes:

A BALCONY also has a view of the ocean.

A PENTHOUSE also has a balcony.

And the last time I checked, ALL cabins are inside the ship! ;)

The problem is with people trying to parse the word "minisuite" so make a ridiculous argument. You CAN'T take the word suite out of it...it is a "minisuite" and thats all it is.

Anyone who can truely claim to be confused because the word "minisuite" contains the letters "suite" as PART of the name is also someone who looks at this:

da-norwegian-cruise-line-nuovo-look-per-pride-L-NYgklf.jpeg

and actually believes it is a country because it's name contains the word "America". :rolleyes:

I would think it is a continent, could be north or south

I had a mini-suite (1010) NCL SUN SB Alaska July 2013 single occupancy and the cost was $430 more than the Balcony Cabin.

Compared rates with my cousin and her husband who had a Balcony Cabin booked at the same time as mine.

But neither was any where near the price of a suite of any kind.

Of course when you make reservations for your cabin will/can make the difference in price.

Wait until the last minute and perhaps the mini-suite fares can match the base level suite fares.

YMMV

Mini (Oh how I dread that word) Suites are very popular and sell like hot cakes - so plan to book one early for best results.

For some of the best photos of the NCL SUN mini-suites go to:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Norwegian Sun

You will have to be a member at that website to view the photos and check on the features of deck arrangements i.e. "Drag Decks" but for frequent cruisers

it is worth it - all cruise lines and all ships are noted in detail some more than others.

If mini's are very popular and sell like hot cakes they will be expensive. That's a very basic law of economics. The Sun is a special ship with only 20 actual suites so those too are also priced very high. On average, fleet wide, the mini's on the Sun can be just as expensive as a full suite on most other NCL ships.

If mini's are very popular and sell like hot cakes they will be expensive. That's a very basic law of economics. The Sun is a special ship with only 20 actual suites so those too are also priced very high. On average, fleet wide, the mini's on the Sun can be just as expensive as a full suite on most other NCL ships.

I am not sure if you are allowed to use things like simple logic, common business practice and things like "supply and demand" here.

As others have pointed out, this is not fair and somebody better do something about it before we all take our business elsewhere.

(tongue planted firmly in cheek)

I believe there are regular mini-suites (no perks), [/color] -spa mini-suites (spa pass included but no other perks and no tub) and Haven spa mini-suites (tub and spa pass and Haven perks included).

There are no Haven spa mini-suites. There are S9 or S8 Haven SPA SUITES with Balcony. All the mini-suites categories begin with a "M", MA, MB, M2, M4 etc. Haven suites begin with a "H" and regular suites begin with a "S". Only the "H" & "S" suites have suite perks.

I've heard that at some time in the distant past on NCL minisuites actually received some small perks. That ended way before my time. I think even then they did not receive breakfast/lunch perks. More like the use of concierge and a couple of other things.

Nowhere in NCL's documentation do they ever list suite perks for minisuites. It is just a name, as others have said, no different than inside or balcony.

Mostly wishful thinking on the part of some I think.

Many moons ago I had a mini suite on the Sun. It was a fantastic cabin and had perks. From memory double latitudes points, concierge and priority boarding with food and drinks at the port. :D

As others have said though, it's now just a deluxe balcony cabin.

Have you looked at the difference in price for a penthouse? Maybe worth considering? :cool:

Last year I had a Junior Suite on a RC ship and felt extremely disappointed. A lot more money for just a larger cabin. I thought the word 'suite' meant 'suite' not just 'a few extra square feet and a bathtub' :mad:

Change the name cruise companies :p

• 1 month later...
Unless my research is incorrect mini suites on the Breakaway are 310 sq ft with a balcony that's 103 sq ft where a BD balcony is 207 sq ft with a balcony that's 32 sq ft -ouch

The sizes of the balconies are about the same between a balcony cabin and a mini suite. There are some specific categories (mainly B6 and M6) which have bigger balconies, and I suspect you are getting the balcony size for the mini suite from them.

Oh please don't categorise those people who book real suites with us poor underlings that only book Mini Suites. It always cracks me up at how upset some people get who book Haven, Spa, Owner Suites etc when we refer to mini suites as suites. Heavens forbid, Mini Suites are not suites!!! Ah well they are to me. Thats what I book, a Mini Suite.

My family is booked on the Breakaway in December, and we were first booked in three midship balconies. Dad needed to call back and change some information and question a deal he saw available. He somehow got us moved to three midship minisuites for less money than the three midship balconies would be.