Cancelling a cruise purchased while on board

So I have to cancel my booking for next May as I have been offered a contract position. However, we booked on board and paid the lower deposit and our gratuities. Are these fees non-refundable? I don't know when we will be able to re-book as this position may turn permanent. Any advice would be great! Thanks

So I have to cancel my booking for next May as I have been offered a contract position. However, we booked on board and paid the lower deposit and our gratuities. Are these fees non-refundable? I don't know when we will be able to re-book as this position may turn permanent. Any advice would be great! Thanks

Refundable until final payment date.

No problem.

OR.................

You can move it out to a mythical future sailing. And keep moving it until you can actually take it.

Just keep moving it until you take it.

Just keep the same booking number each time.

When you booked on board you were only charged the lower deposit which will be completely refunded to you.

Gratuities would have been included in your final payment.

When you book onboard, that deposit is never refunded. If you cancel it, you lose your deposit. So just keep moving it out to a fictional booking in 2016 and change it when your schedule firms up to allow you the next cruise. Always make changes before final payment so that you don't lose that deposit. Hope your schedule frees up to take that next cruise.

When you book onboard, that deposit is never refunded. If you cancel it, you lose your deposit. So just keep moving it out to a fictional booking in 2016 and change it when your schedule firms up to allow you the next cruise. Always make changes before final payment so that you don't lose that deposit. Hope your schedule frees up to take that next cruise.

Deposits for specific cruises booked on board are completely refundable.

Deposits for an Open Booking created on board are non-refundable.

Edited by cruisenfever

As I understand it if you cancel your booked cruise and kept the open reservation you will lose the $100 OBC and be dropped down to $25 for a 7 night cruise. Now granted $75 is no big deal in the grand scheme of things but it is a change from previous Royal policies.

As I understand it if you cancel your booked cruise and kept the open reservation you will lose the $100 OBC and be dropped down to $25 for a 7 night cruise. Now granted $75 is no big deal in the grand scheme of things but it is a change from previous Royal policies.

The last time some people asked about this, Royal said they would allow one change to a specific booking before reducing the OBC. Hopefully this polciy remains in effect.

The last time some people asked about this, Royal said they would allow one change to a specific booking before reducing the OBC. Hopefully this polciy remains in effect.

Yes indeed that would be nice, since there are those times (like the original poster) that stuff happens and you must change your reservation. After all its not like it takes a great deal of time on Royal's part to make the switch.

I think I even read a post on there from someone that has already made 2 changes to a reservation and has kept the original OBC

I am sure as soon as someone gets it downgraded we will hear about it here on CC.

I have changed numerous cruises, always keep my lower deposit and original OBC. Many times I just book a cruise and then just move it once I know for sure which one I want. Never been any issue keeping my OBC

Were all of those changes from certificates purchased prior to March 15 of this year. That is when the new program with the lower OBC came into effect.

I have changed numerous cruises, always keep my lower deposit and original OBC. Many times I just book a cruise and then just move it once I know for sure which one I want. Never been any issue keeping my OBC

Have you changed it since the new policy began?