Christmas On Board?

Myself and my husband are considering booking Legend of the Seas for a 12 night Christmas & New Years South Caribbean cruise - what are people's experiences of spending Christmas with RC? I love Christmas and it's also my birthday on Christmas Day so would like it to be special

Next cruise: Oasis of the Seas 12-night Westbound Transatlantic 15.10.2014

Myself and my husband are considering booking Legend of the Seas for a 12 night Christmas & New Years South Caribbean cruise - what are people's experiences of spending Christmas with RC? I love Christmas and it's also my birthday on Christmas Day so would like it to be special

We are booked on this cruise! Come and join us!!!

The ship will be decorated, beautifully! we had so much fun for NYE, on Liberty!!!

ImageUploadedByForums1402750984.239119.jpg.012dc15fff633eec2d7fa1e656cb1a3a.jpg

X-mas decorations on BR OTS!!!

Sent with my iPhone

Did Xmas on the Radiance 2012... best Xmas ever! :p

Centrum all decked out, tinsel, HUGE 3-4 deck high tree, nativity scene, etc.

Xmas Eve Christmas caroling with the whole ship at the centrum... I think the whole ship was there, incredible having 2000+ singing Xmas songs all at once

Santa hands out gifts to a line-up of kids Xmas morning... really neat

And then you go up to pool deck in 80+ degree weather to sun-tan and enjoy your day!!! :eek::D

We did a Christmas and new year cruise, and my birthday is also at Christmas. Although the ship was beautifully decorated we felt Christmas was a bit of a let down. Missed the family, had to be careful what gifts we took, as we were flying, not used to warm weather at Christmas. New year however was brilliant. The best party ever. All said, I am pleased we did it, but I wouldn't do Christmas/birthday again. I would spend that time at home and then go for new year. But until you try it you don't know and I am sure that you will have a great holiday if you decide to go for it.

We did Christmas & New Year on Mariner of the Seas and it was awesome.

The ship made an effort but the stars of the day were the passengers who were so happy and wanting to have a good time. We made it all work together to feel special.

As another poster said, New Year was the best New Year we'd had. It was in the days of the midnight buffet and the Captain asked people to ballot if they'd like a midnight buffet or free wine for 2 hours on New Years Eve.

We did a Christmas and new year cruise, and my birthday is also at Christmas. Although the ship was beautifully decorated we felt Christmas was a bit of a let down. Missed the family, had to be careful what gifts we took, as we were flying, not used to warm weather at Christmas. New year however was brilliant. The best party ever. All said, I am pleased we did it, but I wouldn't do Christmas/birthday again. I would spend that time at home and then go for new year. But until you try it you don't know and I am sure that you will have a great holiday if you decide to go for it.

You sound so much like my DW. She will pack up and leave 364 days a year at a seconds notice, but Christmas isn't Christmas without the kids and the family being home all together .

Thanks so much for all the replies! I think we're going to go for it :) we don't have any kids yet (just me - the big kid at Christmas) so it's probably the one time we'll be able to do it! We actually went away (to Chicago) for Christmas 2 years ago and didn't particularly like it but I think that might be partly because it wasn't a cruise, staying in a hotel just seemed to pale on comparison

we did it 2 years ago.

way too many large( multigenerational) family groups and port calls on Xmas day was a complete waste( nothing was open)

the Xmas day menu was 'slightly' more upscale.

the ship was decorated beautifully

we won't do it again as there were just way too many kids on board

The ship is beautifully decorated. Beautiful buffet tables of Gingerbread houses in the Windjammer. Fellow passengers all have the Christmas spirit and are relaxed and happy. Ship never felt crowded and hardly saw any kids - must have been enjoying the kids clubs (the kids all came out of the woodwork on Christmas morning for Santa) Be aware most Christmas festivities happen on Christmas Eve rather than Christmas Day. Loved the carolling with crew, Christmas story, free champers, all in the Centrum. Christmas Day itself is a bit low-key. Santa for the kids, Formal night for dinner in the MDR with crackers on the table and lobster. I loved cruising at Christmas. Would do it again in a heartbeat.