BARCELONA PORT - Information

Thanks. I have gotten BDT name from the forum. I am just curios of people who have used them straight from the airport. I read somewhere that they will pick you up, keep your luggage with you, tour for 4 hours and than drop you & luggage off at hotel. Just curios of people that have done this and feedback. I am using mobile devices right now while out of town (and have more time) but they are more limited on functionality.

You misunderstood my answer. If you read the thread to which I linked, you will find people who have used BDT for airport pickup and a tour, then drop off at their hotel. And you'll also be better off asking your question in that thread, which is about BDT specifically, than here, which is a generic port info thread.

Has anyone used AT&T for talk, text & Data while in Barcelona? Was there good reception? Just researching my options for Data and reasonable costs for keeping in touch with home.

Signal is good within Barcelona, though roaming don't expect it to be always LTE, you may find a lot of 3G. Current AT&T rates for Spain as well as network details are here - http://www.att.com/travelguide/coverage/coverage_details.jsp?CIDL=724&MNC=CING

Certainly not cheap

Got it! Thanks for the re-direction.

You misunderstood my answer. If you read the thread to which I linked, you will find people who have used BDT for airport pickup and a tour, then drop off at their hotel. And you'll also be better off asking your question in that thread, which is about BDT specifically, than here, which is a generic port info thread.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is so helpful.

We have been to Barcelona a few times in the past.

But I have questions for one very unique trip in October.

We are on Allure of the Seas. We leave Rome for a 3 night trip to Barcelona, then from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale.

For us, it is a b2b. But, unfortunately, it will be a Sunday. Now, I assume there is some mechanism for us to be able to get off the ship and return without checking back in?

Also, according to Cruisett.com there will be more than ALOT of cruise passengers in transit on this day! It said 16,000+ but can I assume that this is the capacity of the 4 ships in port and may we assume that this might be the main embark/disembark point for them? That comes to 32,000 cruise passengers in and out!

What's open on Sunday other than La Sagrada? We would usually take a cab up to Catalunya or beyond and walk back, seeing the sights, shopping at El Cortes Ingles and feeding at the Market on Las Ramblas. Which is closed as is El Cortes Ingles.

I am especially curious about the port bus. Does it come to all the terminals? And where would one pick it up at the terminal and where to pick it up to come back?

Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean has their shuttle running on a "turn around" day like this. That has also worked well for us in the past.

And, concerning another's question about cell phone service. I have gotten excellent reception near the port. When you walk from the Ramblas, to the water are that when you face the water, the big shopping pier is to your left. There are a few concrete benches as you walk back towards the port and where some of the shuttle buses have been located. Always seems to be good on that bench!

Thanks for any of you who can help with these very individual questions.

The port has your date booked as a code red with movement of 26150 passenger movements.

That means the Blue port busses can be terminal specific at certain times, meaning one bus might be designated for Terminal A for Epic and another for B and C for Allure and another for D with the 2 MSC ships. They also allow payment to an agent in the line, so that the busses board quickly when they arrive as everyone has prepaid.

Otherwise each bus stops at all terminals under normal operation. While they put extra busses on during peak times, they do run consistently throughout the day.

The drop you off just above the area of the Colon statue at the Moll de les Drassanes. They leave from behind the building where the purple sigh stating T3 Port bus is on the port map.

http://content.portdebarcelona.cat/cntmng/d/d/workspace/SpacesStore/edb7b57a-7cee-4486-a1b8-ebf0e3cfc2bf/EN-PortBcn-TerminalsMaritimes.pdf

RCL offers only an airport shuttle in Barcelona. The T3 serves this purpose.

You will find most of the tourist attractions functioning on Sundays in Barcelona, but you are correct that most shops markets and department stores will be closed. They open only 10 Sundays every year currently.

The Centro Comercial Maremagnum at the Moll d'Espana (Marina) is supposed to be open every day of the year now.

http://www.maremagnum.es/en

Opening hours for many tourist sites can be found at

http://www.spain.info/en/que-quieres/ciudades-pueblos/grandes-ciudades/barcelona.html

Thanks for all that, Flyer!

I think I have seen that blue sign for the shuttle. It is on the street where I mentioned that those benches are on the way to the area where, in the past, RCI has had port shuttles when Barcelona is just a port stop.

I think it will be a busy day for sure!

Maremagnum is that shopping area I saw. We have not been there as yet. I think that will be part of our day.

• 2 weeks later...

We are coming into the Barcelona port on the NCL Epic on Sunday Sept 20th. Itinerary says the ship arrives at 5am. My question is what time do we have to get off? We are staying over in Barcelona for a few days so we are in no rush to get off so early. Thanks!

We are coming into the Barcelona port on the NCL Epic on Sunday Sept 20th. Itinerary says the ship arrives at 5am. My question is what time do we have to get off? We are staying over in Barcelona for a few days so we are in no rush to get off so early. Thanks!

NCL has been somewhat flexible with disembarkation and might even let you disembark as late as 10:30. You will find the port bus and taxi lines a little longer after 9:30 when many disembark. Not really as dramatic as what is sometimes presented here as the lines do move very quickly.

How would you get from the port into the middle of Barcelona by public transportation or approximately how much would it cost by taxi?

Taxi is up this year for a number of reasons and you are looking at around 15 to 20 euros.

The port bus T3 is 2 euro to get out of the port area. You can then transfer to the bus or metro for 2.15 euro single ticket or you can get a ten trip ticket that can be shared for 9.95. This could be used both pre and post cruise.

I often just do a port bus / local bus connection. The tickets for these two bus systems are separate.

We will disembark from Allure around 6.30 in the morning. At this time we can use port bus or we will have to wait for later time?

While they do not publish the port bus schedule, it operates during all scheduled port times for the given ship and terminal. More busses are added for peak traffic periods.

That means that there may be only 1 bus every 20 minutes in the early hours of disembarkation. The busses will operate from 04:45 on Sundays, with current ship schedules.