BARCELONA PORT - Information

I've booked them too for our group of 11. Wondering if we should all just get taxi's on the day of disembarkation just in case - I cant seek us all lugging our luggage to outside the terminal. Being a newbie in Barcelona, I am worried as our flight is at 10:30 - hoping everyone is capable of self disembark.

They finally replied. They sent me a walking map from the ship exit to the pick up point; it seems like it is quite close to the ship exit.

As a Vancouverite I apologize for Ballantyne (which is now gone). However, I'd like to ask if it was embarkation or disembarkation that was poor; so often I hear about issues boarding at Vancouver, and most of the time it's the United States CBP that you must pass through prior to boarding, and as a Canadian we have no control over that.

Boarding and disembarking were both very slow. We arrived in Vancouver a few days ahead and stayed a few days afterwards - a city well worth a good visit. But Ballantyne Pier was terrible - good riddance. Canada Place is soooo much nicer.

As for Barcelona...

All reports point to an efficiently-run terminal and boarding process. It's getting to the terminal that involves some extra time and effort. Considering there will be 6000 people in the same boat as us (pun intended:)), I'm sure they'll have it figured out from the first several weeks of cruises prior to ours.

They finally replied. They sent me a walking map from the ship exit to the pick up point; it seems like it is quite close to the ship exit.

We have used BCN Travel several times for transportation from port to Barcelona airport. Everytime they have been waiting right there where you exit the terminal building, with a sign with our name on it, even when we were out much earlier than the time reserved. As soon as you exit the building you will see people holding up signs from different companies with the names of the persons they are waiting for. From the time we got off the ship, picked up our luggage and found our driver and into the van it maybe took a total of 15 minutes.

Being a control freak I have always sent them a reconfirmation for the pick up a few days before.

We have used BCN Travel several times for transportation from port to Barcelona airport. Everytime they have been waiting right there where you exit the terminal building, with a sign with our name on it, even when we were out much earlier than the time reserved. As soon as you exit the building you will see people holding up signs from different companies with the names of the persons they are waiting for. From the time we got off the ship, picked up our luggage and found our driver and into the van it maybe took a total of 15 minutes.

Being a control freak I have always sent them a reconfirmation for the pick up a few days before.

Thank you for the information. There will be 9 of us, and I was told I need to book their 13 person mini bus; which is fine. Since payment is due at time of reservation, I will make my reservation about 3 weeks before my pick up day (which is just before we leave for our 17 day cruise). I will send them a reconfirmation while I am on the ship a few days before.

• 1 month later...
Bob's picture is exactly what we experienced in Barcelona. Took a cab from our hotel and there was no traffic at the port. For disembarking we were staying in Barcelona a day after the cruise so we waited until the last possible minute to get off the ship. We paid extra for that I believe but when we got off our luggage was there and easy to find. Barcelona was prob the easiest embarking/disembarking we have done.

This is ourvfirst time to Barcelona by taking TA cruise from Ft Lauderdale. After the cruise, we will stay at the Hitlon Barcelona for a couple days. What do you suggest for the transportation to the Hilton Hotel? If we take Taxi, what will the cost? Do we need to make any reservation or just wait in the line? Thanks

This is ourvfirst time to Barcelona by taking TA cruise from Ft Lauderdale. After the cruise, we will stay at the Hitlon Barcelona for a couple days. What do you suggest for the transportation to the Hilton Hotel? If we take Taxi, what will the cost? Do we need to make any reservation or just wait in the line? Thanks

We're staying at the same Barcelona Hilton a few days before the cruise and then taking a taxi to the port...we're told its about a 20-22 Euro ride.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

We're staying at the same Barcelona Hilton a few days before the cruise and then taking a taxi to the port...we're told its about a 20-22 Euro ride.

Thank you for your information.

we arrive at port at 6am at the end of our cruise and have to catch a 10:30am flight out of Barcelona, This this is going to be hard to accomplish?

You might want to think about self-disembarking...meaning take ALL you luggage with you and get off as early as feasible. That said, you definitely have enough time to get on your flight.

We sail in <60 days...but our ship arrives 5am and our flight leaves out at 11:40am.

The folks familiar with the Barcelona Port & Airport indicate no problem with that kind of time - especially with only a 20 minute cab ride to the airport. We have a pre-arranged airport transport already set up, making it even faster/easier.

You might want to think about self-disembarking...meaning take ALL you luggage with you and get off as early as feasible. That said, you definitely have enough time to get on your flight.

We sail in <60 days...but our ship arrives 5am and our flight leaves out at 11:40am.

The folks familiar with the Barcelona Port & Airport indicate no problem with that kind of time - especially with only a 20 minute cab ride to the airport. We have a pre-arranged airport transport already set up, making it even faster/easier.

Thanks for the info! We plan to self-disembark for sure!

Thanks for the info! We plan to self-disembark for sure!

You are quite welcome.

Even if you take all your luggage with you for the self-disembark...then shuttle over to the cab access area...the whole timeframe to get to the airport should be < 1 hour total.

I would assume with Allure being a split cruise, one terminal will be used for boarding with the other being used for those already aboard wanting to get off and explore the port?

Actually...both terminals will be used (hours apart) for disembarking and boarding. Terminal B will support the front half of Allure cabin passengers and Terminal C for the back half for both purposes.

Actually...both terminals will be used (hours apart) for disembarking and boarding. Terminal B will support the front half of Allure cabin passengers and Terminal C for the back half for both purposes.

That makes sense, I've got just forward of midship and have been told to go to Terminal B

Hi - we are on Allure 19May and very happy to hear there are shops after check in to buy wine as we are flying in that day from London and travelling directly to the port. Does anyone know if the shops are accessible from both terminals ?

Thanks

Sue:)

Hi - we are on Allure 19May and very happy to hear there are shops after check in to buy wine as we are flying in that day from London and travelling directly to the port. Does anyone know if the shops are accessible from both terminals ?

Thanks

Sue:)

The shops are in the secure area of both terminals and each shop services that terminal and not both. Terminals A, B and C are basically identical at the Port of Barcelona.

The shops are in the secure area of both terminals and each shop services that terminal and not both. Terminals A, B and C are basically identical at the Port of Barcelona.

What are the prices like? Would it be better to buy duty free at the airport?

What are the prices like? Would it be better to buy duty free at the airport?

The prices and selection are not that bad actually. I would say pricing is similar to the airports, while selection might be a little more limited.

We just wanted to circle back on this thread with a resounding...

"THANK YOU"

...to the many contributors. The information on Barcelona - the city and port alike - has been very, very interesting, useful, and valuable for planning.

We're going to see Barcelona first hand soon, and will be able to enjoy it all the more thanks to the many people who shared information and their experiences in this fine thread.

I am traveling to Barcelona in Aug 2016 to get on the Harmony of the Seas and I see people hear are talking about shops in the terminal. Now this will be my first time sailing out of Barcelona so I am making an assumption that the shops people are talking about are at the pier terminal and not the airport terminal, correct? So after I drop my bags off and check in to get on the boat and then go through the security screening, then in that area is where they have the shops to buy wine? So depending on the wine I drink I might not have to bring it with me when I fly in? Does anyone know if they sell Beringer in those shops?

Also I see people talking about terminal A, B, and C, is the terminal you go to based on the location of your cabin on the ship?

I just want to make sure I am understanding correctly because there are people from all over the world here and we all call the same thing something different based on where we are from.

Thank you in advanced for any and all information.

The terminal you go to will be printed on your paperwork when it becomes available nearer to sail date. As Harmony is like the Allure it will likely use the same boarding set up of multiple terminals based on your cabins location

The terminal you go to will be printed on your paperwork when it becomes available nearer to sail date. As Harmony is like the Allure it will likely use the same boarding set up of multiple terminals based on your cabins location

Thank you for that information, it will be very helpful when the 26 of us get to the pier.