Thoughts For St Tropez and Corsica France

Keith1010

I am just beginning my research for our stops at both St Tropez and Corsica France and as I often do will do a lot of reading about each stop as part of our research.

At the same time, for those of you who have been to one or both of these ports do you have any recommendations and/or other thoughts you can share with me about things to consider doing at each port.

Thanks

Keith

I am just beginning my research for our stops at both St Tropez and Corsica France and as I often do will do a lot of reading about each stop as part of our research.

At the same time, for those of you who have been to one or both of these ports do you have any recommendations and/or other thoughts you can share with me about things to consider doing at each port.

Thanks

Keith

Hi Keith

This is what I did in St Tropez - nothing sensational, but it's a nice place just to walk around and enjoy. Entry to the Annonciade Museum (no photography allowed) cost €6 last year. All the best Tony

[YOUTUBE]_NcDithaCEY[/YOUTUBE]

Hi

Is it Ajaccio in Corsica?

If so it's a small but bustling town, and worth a walk. There are some much smaller Corsican ports that are sometimes available, but it depends on the size of ship. The larger ones can dock only at Ajaccio.

If you are into deserted Mediterranean beaches, then you can take a small boat from Ajaccio harbour which tours round the island dropping people at the small beaches that are inaccessible/difficult by land. These can be a treat. Just be sure to agree a pick up time.

Hope you enjoy it.

Other than beaches, Bonifacio is pretty much its own and only must-see attraction in the vicinity. I can't imagine any size cruise ship getting into port as it is tiny so it must be a tender port. City is well worth walking around (it's a climb up) as well as a boat cruise around the city but if you're tendering in, it may be redundant.

Yes, cruising cockroach, they show this as a tender location.

It is listed as Bonifacio/Corsica and when they do that it should be Bonifacio as the place we are visiting but noting that Corsica is nearby.

Keith

Yes, cruising cockroach, they show this as a tender location.

It is listed as Bonifacio/Corsica and when they do that it should be Bonifacio as the place we are visiting but noting that Corsica is nearby.

Corsica is an island. Bonifacio is a town in the Southern tip of Corsica.

Edited by marazul