Strange Future Cruise Email From NCL

shof515

I just received this email from NCL about booking a future cruise:

We hope you enjoyed your recent cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line. Thank you for choosing to sail with us.

We'd love to have you back on board with us again. To make your next vacation with us even more rewarding, we're offering you $75 to spend on your next cruise when you make a $250 deposit by 22-JUL-2014.

Can anyone explain to this me? I already have a future cruise reward that i purchased when i was on board the breakaway last week. Does this mean that i will get a $75 on board credit for the new cruise that i just booked. I checked my NCL account and all i see is my cruise reward and when i do a mock booking, i dont see the extra obc (unless it gets applied after booking?)

I just received this email from NCL about booking a future cruise:

Can anyone explain to this me? I already have a future cruise reward that i purchased when i was on board the breakaway last week. Does this mean that i will get a $75 on board credit for the new cruise that i just booked. I checked my NCL account and all i see is my cruise reward and when i do a mock booking, i dont see the extra obc (unless it gets applied after booking?)

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/welcomebackrewards/terms

If you read the post you made, it says you get this when you make a $250 deposit. If you did not make a deposit (used your previous certificate instead), then you are not eligible.

They are not about to let you double dip. (getting $100 discount you already bought, and then another $75 discount again)

why did NCL send this to me when I am not eligible for it...:(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Aside from the small fact that NCL didn't let me know why (I wonder why they didn't tell ME?? :confused:), I couldn't even guess why without at least knowing the reason(s) that lead you to believe that you are "not eligible for it". . .

why did NCL send this to me when I am not eligible for it...:(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You are eligible for it - IF you book another cruise. It just would not apply to the one you already have booked.

Of course they sent it to you hoping to entice you in to booking another! ;)

Edited by happy cruzin

They mail that stuff to everybody. Mass mailing looking for folks to book another cruise.

This offer was meant for you to book even another cruise. They do not look up to see if you have a past cruise cert at all, or if you have used it.

Just like they mail out offers for $xx off the next cruise (they mean that for a new booking - not the cruise you are leaving for the next day)

If they meant it as some special thank you for booking a cruise, it would say "Thanks for booking your cruise using your $250 cruise cert that you bought onboard for $150. Since we like you so much, here is $75 more. Welcome aboard!"

Edited by garycarla