Bringing soda and water on board

Can you carry it on board? The official policy says:

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

It says that they will confiscate ALCOHOLIC, with the exception of two wine bottles per stateroom. I am wondering if I can carry on some soda and/or water. I would carry it on, and not put it in the checked/porter bags.

Anyone had recent experience?

I know they sell soda packages. I know they sell water packages.

Thanks

I've taken water and soda on a dozen cruises or more and like a lot of other people have never been stopped about this.

I have read on here of people putting luggage tags on their cases of water or soda and it gets delivered to their stateroom.

I know that we brought a case of water on board the Explorer last year, just put a luggage tag on it. Can anyone comment on whether or not this is acceptable on the Allure?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know that we brought a case of water on board the Explorer last year, just put a luggage tag on it. Can anyone comment on whether or not this is acceptable on the Allure?

Same answer as post #3.

Edited by clarea

We came originally from Carnival where it was specifically 12-cans/bottles per person hard limit. When we boarded the Freedom of the Seas in May we actually brought 18 per person and had one bag stopped or held downstairs. I went downstairs proved no liquor in the duffel and showed the 12 pack of soda, and was sent on my way. They were unconcerned about soda, and were simply looking for alcoholic beverages.

Boarded Brilliance on April 28th in Tampa with a 12 pack of cokes. No problem. I was just carrying them. My friend boarded with two boxes of wine instead of two bottles - again no problem. I would have been afraid to try the wine but figured if they took the soda's not much lost. Saw lots of people carrying those 24 packs of water. Seemed like anything goes. Of course next time they might not let anything by. Never know.

I've always took a 12-pack of water and some sodas in my luggage and it was never taken. I've also seen people with cases and slapped a luggage tag on it and no one ever said anything.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've brought a case of water bottles on Mariner, Freedom & Jewel by just attaching our luggage tag & checking it with the porter on the curb.

In San Juan after boarding the Jewel this past April, we actually went back down to the dock, purchased as much liter water bottles as we could carry & brought them right back onto the ship with no problems at all.

Lmaxwell what rule am I breaking? It says ALCOHOLIC. I am not carrying on alcoholic

First line of the rule:

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use.

Water and soda fall under non-alcoholic beverages. Some get them through, some are confiscated. Bringing onboard your own beverages cuts into revenue of the cruise line. Enforcement is spotty

Why is ok to break THIS rule but not others? :rolleyes:

Because they don't like this rule as much as they cherish others.

A pet peeve of mine are posters who will rant and rave about how a person is a polo shirt in the MDR on formal night is absolutely ruining their cruise by breaking the dress code rule (even though it is only a suggestion) but will blatantly break this written rule and cut into the profits of the line. My fear is eventually it will get out of hand and they will simply stop ALL liquids from being taken on the ship...so they end up hurting fellow cruisers who like to just bring on their two bottles of wine.

Edited by TC1957

A pet peeve of mine are posters who will rant and rave about how a person is a polo shirt in the MDR on formal night is absolutely ruining their cruise by breaking the dress code rule (even though it is only a suggestion) but will blatantly break this written rule and cut into the profits of the line. My fear is eventually it will get out of hand and they will simply stop ALL liquids from being taken on the ship...so they end up hurting fellow cruisers who like to just bring on their two bottles of wine.

I think I love you.

Exactly!

Has anyone ever checked in case of water out of Baltimore?

Yes, no problem.

Case sealed in original plastic and large paper with names , reservation number and room number taped to case.

Always do it. Never a problem.

Most recently, June 6. Seward , Alaska.