Smart casual dining

On each of my previous 4 RCI cruises, I recall casual, smart casual and formal night dining. Last time we sailed for nine nights on the EOS, we had two formal nights, one smart casual night and the rest were casual nights.

A recent poster just back from this nine night sailing on the EOS shared with us that there was no smart formal night, just two formal nights. All the rest were casual. I am wondering if anyone else experienced this. Has RCI eliminated the smart casual dining night on their sailings? It would be great to know to help us pack for our upcoming trip on the EOS.

Thanks!

It has been our experience that Smart Casual nights are few and far between, despite what the website says. Having said that, we did see them on our Med cruise a few years ago. Have not seen them on any Caribbean or Alaska cruises. But as clarea says, the difference between the two styles seems negligible at best.

I've noticed this too. There were no smart casual nights on our last Explorer cruise back in March. We were repeating an itinerary and the prior time it was smart casual every night except for departure night and formal nights. I wore my smart casual stuff anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Forums mobile app

Thanks everyone.

Based on the previous post, a second recent EOS cruiser suggesting they had no smart casual night, I a. Going to assume we will not have one either next month. To me, smart casual means I need to wear a sports coat over what might other wise be casual attire for dining on board. If there will be no smart casual night, I can leave the sports coat at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk