Breakaway to Bermuda June 8th sailing review

sonogram

I will start with our stateroom 5724. The cabin was a nice size, the bathroom quite adequate. Our cabin steward Gerald was the best we have had on 5 Norwegian sailiings. Our room was spotless. He was available day and night with a smile and greeted us everyday by our first names. The restaurants- Taste and Savor main dining rooms are not like the smaller ships main dining rooms. They are identical and across from each other. They are decorated with dark panels and white trim. They are too casual, we prefer the forward, bright dining rooms on the smaller ships. The Manhattan, is more like those dining rooms on the smaller ships, but the tables are too close together and the pianist/singer, "not good on this sailing", cause you to talk over them. The dinner choices are the same for the main dining rooms. We made reservations. There are 3-4 choices that remain the same and 3-4 that are added every night. They are not the greatest choices I've seen on Norwegians sailings. The service was a little slow. Le Bistro was wonderful as usual, Mushroom soup and rack of lamb, outstanding. I found breakfast, whether in the dining room or the buffet to be of poor quality. The scrambled eggs were unedible- maybe powdered, but really disgusting. You could get omelets made to order. The bacon had a strange taste. I tried it everyday, hoping it was just one bad batch. Waffles were like hockey pucks- even the freshly made ones. The french toast and sausage links or hot cereals were the best choices. The entertainment was outstanding! Make sure you see CIrque, well worth the additional fee, we did not eat the included dinner, which allowed us to enjoy the show! Burn the floor was great with professional, world class dancers. Rock of Ages was very good. Fire and Ice were the highlight of this trip. Rosie is so good you can't believe what you are seeing and listening to. Don't miss their "Whitney Houston Tribute", "Michael Jackson Tribute" and On the last night "The Tina Turner Tribute" absolutely incredible! Arvin and Emily were very good. The smaller venues like Headliner has uncomfortable bar stools, try to go early to get a regular chair. Second city can be seen there, if you like that kind of comedy. To view the fireworks display take the stairs to the uptown grill, stand across from the bathrooms, right under the slide and they will be right above you, it lasts about 10 minutes. Good luck trying to get a lounge chair on sea days. We prebooked a land tour with lewis_foggo@hotmail.com We (4 Adults) toured the entire Island for 6 hrs at $55.00 per hour. It cost us less than the ships tour and was well worth it. Only tour with a Blue Flag certified tour guide to see the beautiful Bermuda Island. Have a great cruise!

Edited by sonogram
I added a private tour.

I will start with our stateroom 5724. The cabin was a nice size, the bathroom quite adequate. Our cabin steward Gerald was the best we have had on 5 Norwegian sailiings. Our room was spotless. He was available day and night with a smile and greeted us everyday by our first names.

The restaurants- Taste and Savor main dining rooms are not like the smaller ships main dining rooms. They are identical and across from each other. They are decorated with dark panels and white trim. They are too casual, we prefer the forward, bright dining rooms on the smaller ships.

The Manhattan, is more like those dining rooms on the smaller ships, but the tables are too close together and the pianist/singer, "not good on this sailing", cause you to talk over them.

The dinner choices are the same for the main dining rooms. We made reservations. There are 3-4 choices that remain the same and 3-4 that are added every night. They are not the greatest choices I've seen on Norwegians sailings. The service was a little slow.

Le Bistro was wonderful as usual, Mushroom soup and rack of lamb, outstanding. I found breakfast, whether in the dining room or the buffet to be of poor quality. The scrambled eggs were unedible- maybe powdered, but really disgusting.

You could get omelets made to order. The bacon had a strange taste. I tried it everyday, hoping it was just one bad batch. Waffles were like hockey pucks- even the freshly made ones. The french toast and sausage links or hot cereals were the best choices.

The entertainment was outstanding! Make sure you see CIrque, well worth the additional fee, we did not eat the included dinner, which allowed us to enjoy the show! Burn the floor was great with professional, world class dancers. Rock of Ages was very good. Fire and Ice were the highlight of this trip. Rosie is so good you can't believe what you are seeing and listening to. Don't miss their "Whitney Houston Tribute", "Michael Jackson Tribute" and On the last night "The Tina Turner Tribute" absolutely incredible! Arvin and Emily were very good.

The smaller venues like Headliner has uncomfortable bar stools, try to go early to get a regular chair. Second city can be seen there, if you like that kind of comedy.

To view the fireworks display take the stairs to the uptown grill, stand across from the bathrooms, right under the slide and they will be right above you, it lasts about 10 minutes.

Good luck trying to get a lounge chair on sea days. We prebooked a land tour with lewis_foggo@hotmail.com We (4 Adults) toured the entire Island for 6 hrs at $55.00 per hour. It cost us less than the ships tour and was well worth it. Only tour with a Blue Flag certified tour guide to see the beautiful Bermuda Island. Have a great cruise!

Thanks for sharing!:) According to the F&B manager I spoke with once they don't use powdered eggs, they do however, use pasteurized liquid eggs (eggs already cracked) for the scrambled eggs and omelets.

Edited by Sauer-kraut