Perks and Tips of staying for the first time in a Grand suite.

Any ideas or tips that arent usually just "put out" there. Its a 3 night cruise to the Bahamas but I sure wanna get everything I can out of staying for the first time in a grand suite. I thanks you in advance!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

It would help to know what ship you are on, because the perks are different on Majesty. Here are the typical suite perks, some of which don't apply to Majesty:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

We just stayed in our first GS on Enchantment in April. It was awesome! The perks we enjoyed were priority embarkation, priority tendering over to Coco Cay, snacks in our cabin every afternoon such as fruit and cookies, an invitation to a suite only passenger reception, access to the Concierge Lounge for drinks and snacks each evening and a full room service menu. The room service menu is limited in non-suites. The GS had a very large balcony with a table, two chairs and two padded loungers. It was wonderful. Also, the extra C&A points bumped us up to Diamond level upon completion of the cruise. I know that isn't too big a deal, but it made me do cartwheels!! Enjoy your cruise!

Any ideas or tips that arent usually just "put out" there. Its a 3 night cruise to the Bahamas but I sure wanna get everything I can out of staying for the first time in a grand suite. I thanks you in advance!

If you like espresso-based drinks then don't miss the machine in the EN concierge lounge, which you can access all day long. It makes a perfect cappuccino.

I agree with others: if you do a GS for three nights then next you will want to do a GS for 4...then 5....then 7 and so on. Very addicting. Enjoy!

Edited by Booth44

Cruising in a GS is a real treat! We did it once on our Radiance of the Seas southbound Alaska cruise. It was very nice.

You might enjoy seeing a slide show made from pictures my wife took and added to her website. The first part of the slide show is the suite.

Radiance of the Seas ~ Grand Suite and more!

Happy cruising!

Edited by JimAOk1945

We just did 1st GS about a month ago and now have 2 more booked, I loved the priority seating for the shows and pool area, we also had a dinner with the ships officers ( I do not think this is on many ships, we were on Navigator)

We just did 1st GS about a month ago and now have 2 more booked, I loved the priority seating for the shows and pool area, we also had a dinner with the ships officers ( I do not think this is on many ships, we were on Navigator)

Explorer has been doing a dinner for suite guests in the WJ with officers for quite some time now.

We just stayed in our first GS on Enchantment in April. It was awesome! The perks we enjoyed were priority embarkation, priority tendering over to Coco Cay, snacks in our cabin every afternoon such as fruit and cookies, an invitation to a suite only passenger reception, access to the Concierge Lounge for drinks and snacks each evening and a full room service menu. The room service menu is limited in non-suites. The GS had a very large balcony with a table, two chairs and two padded loungers. It was wonderful. Also, the extra C&A points bumped us up to Diamond level upon completion of the cruise. I know that isn't too big a deal, but it made me do cartwheels!! Enjoy your cruise!

Just a few more questions.....did they have reserved priority seating of pool areas? For Coco Cay...do u go to an area that says suite boarding or show ur card? I don't want to skip a line then they tell me to go back and wait. I heard people line up like very early. Did u book a cabana? Can we pick our own cabana or is it 1st come basis. I read from "Clarea" that only certain ones r best..... For room service of MDR menu.....does EN have a lobster night and if they do can we order those thru room service. I also got a menu from "Merion Mom" of the CL and I heard they don't do frozen drinks but any nonalcoholic specialty drinks that they can do? Is there someone in the CL at all times or it's only certain times..

Sorry if these questions r asked constantly.....I can't read every forum and I only stick to the ones that says EN. We will be there in July. Thank U ALL for ur answers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Explorer has been doing a dinner for suite guests in the WJ with officers for quite some time now.

We were told it was just second week that it was done on Navigator, nice dinner ( but not as nice as Captains table which we also did on same cruise) we saile 4/27/2014

Just got off Radiance last Friday. I didn't have a suite, but my friend did. They had breakfast with the Captain and Officers one morning and our last day at sea they got a tour of the bridge. Those seemed to be the biggest perks besides the Concierge Lounge.

Just got off Radiance last Friday. I didn't have a suite, but my friend did. They had breakfast with the Captain and Officers one morning and our last day at sea they got a tour of the bridge. Those seemed to be the biggest perks besides the Concierge Lounge.

We had dinner with the Captain on formal night when we cruised on the Radiance. Since that night was also our anniversary, it was especially wonderful.

The Radiance is a beautiful ship. We enjoyed it more than the other RCI ships we have sailed on so far.

Happy cruising!

You'll love a GS. Coco Cay does have a separate beach area (I believe) which will serve a nicer lunch. We did it in Labadee, and it's very nice. Shrimp and steaks along with a better chicken, burgers, etc.

For Bettygiggles, you'll find even greater perks on Oasis. There is as separate sun deck with bar service and upgraded lounges. Separate seating area at all shows (except Comedy Club I think).

Concierge Lounge on Oasis is fantastic! Serves Breakfast and Lunch (including free beer and wine for lunch). Plus a wonderful happy hour. It looks over the Boardwalk with 2 story windows. A wonderful place to spend time.

All in all, you will love the GS. As was mentioned, it is a FULL room service menu. That means you can order Eggs Benedict to have on your balcony for breakfast. You can also have whatever you want. We "hosted" a breakfast on the last day at sea for our friends. Complete menu service, no limit on number of people that I know of (we had 8 total). But do tip the room service guy accordingly. We tipped $5 per couple ($20 for 8).

Have a great cruise! As someone said, you'll be hooked!

Enjoy your GS. On one of our sailings (been sworn to secrecy) the Captain took my husband and I and several of our friends who were booked in GS and OS for a tour of his cabin and a behind the scene tour of the control room where he works. He even gave my husband and I two bottles of his nicest red wine. I will never forget it and it sure was the highlight of our cruise.