Allure - central park balcony or ocean view balcony - which do I choose?!?

It's all a matter of preference...for me? Central Park Balcony is the way to go.

While yes, the interior cabin offers you "people watching" opportunities, that's not why I always book it. I simply enjoy the Central Park view. I know I'm on a Caribbean cruise and if I want to see the ocean, I can go to an open deck and see it. I can open my balcony door and still get the "ocean air" because that's what causes the breeze in Central Park anyway. I sit on my balcony, things are calm and breezy, "birds" chirp and people meander throughout the day...and at night, it's absolutely gorgeous...sit on the balcony and listen to the "bugs" chirp and people meander.

I've had ocean view balconies and while beautiful, it got a little boring. SURE, the privacy is lost on a CP balcony but I'm not a "go out in your undies" kinda gal and I've never seen anyone do this on Oasis or Allure (thankfully :eek:)

I know you said no boardwalk balcony, but I personally think it's the best room onboard with the best of both worlds - beautiful ocean views + people watching and the feeling that you're part of the fun! I'm extremely sensitive to noise and there was no noise at night after the show in the aqua theater was over. And like another poster wrote, the room is really quiet with the door closed. We watched our favorite parts of the show from our balcony and even got to watch the performers practice. This was our first time without an ocean view balcony and we absolutely loved it! We spent more time on the balcony than ever in the past.

I fully agreed with all of that the first time we had the Boardwalk Balcony overlooking the Aqua Theater. The people-watching and the activities were amazing.

However: We just got back from the 6/8/14 cruise on the Allure. Either I'm just getting old and cranky or they've turned up the volume on everything. The shows were nice, but the outdoor movies and World Cup Soccer coverage on the outdoor screens were just way too noisy.

Ocean Balcony next time for me!

We took a far aft bw view hoping to get a nice variety, we can see the ocean, the BW and the aqua-theater. I know it wasn't what you wanted but we're hoping it works out good. If that hadn't been available we would have preferred ocean view.
This was my logic for our upcoming Oasis cruise. This may be the only opportunity for us to experience this type of cabin.

So far we haven't been tempted to book either 'O' class ship. If/when we do, we'd be inclined to look at one of those cabins, for the same reason - especially if they're cheaper than an OV balcony.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Allure - central park balcony or ocean view balcony - which do I choose?!?

I have 12649 overlooking Central Park, or 7304 ocean view.

I have had a balcony before and liked it but am intrigued by the CP. I Stayed away from Boardwalk balcony as i am with my 74 year old mom who would likely find it too loud.

Any thoughts on helping me decide? Would love to hear your experiences. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Looking at this from a slightly different perspective....

Both cabins that you listed are about the same distance from the elevators however the cabin on deck 12 is in between the 2 sets of elevators and mid ship making getting around easy. it is only a few decks up to the pool deck.

Cabin 7304 is aft of the aft elevators meaning that is really the only elevator that you will use making it slightly less convenient. Also I believe that you cannot get from one side of the ship to the other using the aft elevator meaning if you get on the elevator on the opposite side of your cabin you have to go up one deck or down one deck to cross sides. Deck 7 is convenient in that it is one deck up to Central Park and one deck down to the boardwalk.

After all that my choice would still be an ocean view.

I had 7698 7700 and 7702 on the other side. I really liked being able to walk to the end of the hallway and outside (there are doors on deck 7 that lead to the rock climbing wall). This gives you easy access to the Aquatheater. If we wanted to walk towards the front of the ship all we had to do was go down the stairs to deck 6 (to the promenade area where we could take the winding staircase down) or we could go up the stairs to Central Park on Deck 8. We only used the elevators to get to Windjammer or the pools.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

CP view! The Oasis class is the only one that offers this view. I love listening to the guitar strings in the evening and hear the "birds" chirping in the morning. I never missed my ocean view balcony!! Nice to do some people watching too. On the other ships, I always have an ocean view balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
I had 7698 7700 and 7702 on the other side. I really liked being able to walk to the end of the hallway and outside (there are doors on deck 7 that lead to the rock climbing wall). This gives you easy access to the Aquatheater. If we wanted to walk towards the front of the ship all we had to do was go down the stairs to deck 6 (to the promenade area where we could take the winding staircase down) or we could go up the stairs to Central Park on Deck 8. We only used the elevators to get to Windjammer or the pools.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is cabin 7698 clear view to the ocean or scenic lifeboat view?

I know you said no boardwalk balcony, but I personally think it's the best room onboard with the best of both worlds - beautiful ocean views + people watching and the feeling that you're part of the fun! I'm extremely sensitive to noise and there was no noise at night after the show in the aqua theater was over. And like another poster wrote, the room is really quiet with the door closed. We watched our favorite parts of the show from our balcony and even got to watch the performers practice. This was our first time without an ocean view balcony and we absolutely loved it! We spent more time on the balcony than ever in the past.

We are trying our first Boardwalk balcony when we do our B2B in January 2017 on Harmony. We have the last cabin towards the aft and hope to get the best of both worlds (ocean view and people watching). My DW is very hesitant about the choice.......but it's the only class of ship that has it and wanted to try it. My only concern is the new slide blocking our view???

Would never do a CP balcony......gotta see the ocean!!

This is like asking what is better American Cars or Foreign Cars...it all depends on your personal taste and expectations.

I absolutely love the open sea...my favorite part of cruising the ocean (or Great Lakes for that matter) is not being able to see land in all directions.

That being said, on Allure I really took a liking to Central Park. Such a lovely place to be at night with live strings/guitar music -- so for that reason (and price obviously) I have two CP Balconies booked for our Oasis cruise next year. For me, just having a balcony is the highest priority (sunlight, fresh air, someplace to be when kids/DW are sleeping).

Family will have a OV Balcony across the hall, so I am excited to be able to compare both at the same time.