Tip and secrets about Divina

33Minnie33

One thing we enjoyed was watching the " Morning Show' on TV while having our coffee. Entertaining and informative at the same time. We also won several prizes by participating in the quizzes the CD announced on the show every morning.

What kind of prizes do they have on the morning show and how do you win them? Do they show the morning show on the big screen? How about news in the morning?

Edited by Out to sea!

One other thing. If you don't like the crowds at the pool, don't forget the pay extra pool, the Zen Garden. It's not much for the day but so worth it if you just have to get away from the noise and crowd.

How much is it?

Thank you

Whoa, don't know about others but $20/half day per person seems a bit pricey to me. Guess I'll live with the crowds.

Out to sea!

If you are sailing on the Divina during school holidays,it is going to be more than crazy with TONS of noisy kids.....in that case it could be worth to pay for a half day of quiet life on board. By the way-I don't think it is $20.- per half day,I had not paid for that area nor visited it but it seems to me the price is lower.

I sailed the Divina just after Easter this year,it was busy around the pool but nothing extraordinary....just like other ships and other cruise lines.

Have fun!:D

Thank you.

It does seem to be a bit high, but maybe for 1-2 sea days it is not that bad.

Do you remember if there was a music by the regular pool during sea days?

Tatka,I cannot recall it:o. I would swear that there was no music at the covered pool,and probably on occasions there was some music at the regular open pool. Hopefully somebody with better memory will give you better answer:).

I am sure you will enjoy the Divina as I did this spring. It had been a great improvement compare to my first cruise with MSC a few years ago:D.

What kind of prizes do they have on the morning show and how do you win them? Do they show the morning show on the big screen? How about news in the morning?

The prizes they had were pretty much the same as the trivia prizes ( which we also won several!)...baseball caps, bags, knapsacks, etc. with the MSC logo on them. On the morning show they would ask a trivia question related to the Divina and you popped your answer into a box down by CS. They announced the winners along with the 'shoutouts' of the day...people with birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

I didn't see the morning show on the big screen, but then I didn't really look for it. The news channel we watched was CNN or International CNN.

Tatka,I cannot recall it:o. I would swear that there was no music at the covered pool,and probably on occasions there was some music at the regular open pool. Hopefully somebody with better memory will give you better answer:).

I am sure you will enjoy the Divina as I did this spring. It had been a great improvement compare to my first cruise with MSC a few years ago:D.

This is very nice to hear. We really really enjoyed Poesia. We usually sail from NY lately as my DH does not like to fly unless it is for overseas cruise or trip, but we drove down to Florida for Poesia and will be driving again this time. :)

I loved international crowd! And we had many Canadians too. :)

I hope Divina will have similar PAX mix this time around. And different languages will only add to fun. I am starting learning Italian. :)

Out to sea!

If you are sailing on the Divina during school holidays,it is going to be more than crazy with TONS of noisy kids.....in that case it could be worth to pay for a half day of quiet life on board. By the way-I don't think it is $20.- per half day,I had not paid for that area nor visited it but it seems to me the price is lower.

I sailed the Divina just after Easter this year,it was busy around the pool but nothing extraordinary....just like other ships and other cruise lines.

Have fun!:D

We will be sailing the Divina two weeks after Thanksgiving and two weeks before Christmas so I don;t imagine there will be too many kids. But I've sailed many times during kid's breaks and it's not really been a big deal. Some days (usually sea days) it might be more than I like but not more than I can handle.

The prizes they had were pretty much the same as the trivia prizes ( which we also won several!)...baseball caps, bags, knapsacks, etc. with the MSC logo on them. On the morning show they would ask a trivia question related to the Divina and you popped your answer into a box down by CS. They announced the winners along with the 'shoutouts' of the day...people with birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

I didn't see the morning show on the big screen, but then I didn't really look for it. The news channel we watched was CNN or International CNN.

Did they show that on the big screen in the morning? I like to sit out early with my soda and a cigarette and watch TV while enjoying the wind and waves.

• 1 month later...
I have a tip - its not an american cruise line and anyone comparing it to American lines will be disappointed and possibly even appalled.

:D

hahahahahahaha - agreed kate! We went on the Divina last year. After all the bad reviews we expected the worst. (Only light at the end of the tunnel was a guy from the US stating - on cruise critic - that people reading the reviews should keep in mind that most reviews were written by Americans use to the "American way of cruising" (whatever that means). We had a FANTASTIC time with MSC and the Divina. So much so that we have booked another cruise with them in 2015. Treat the staff with respect and a smile - you'll get it back 10 fold!! (Oh......and don't complain about "too much Italian food" - IT IS AN ITALIAN LINER, for crying in a bucket!!) Happy cruising!!!!

The Yacht Club is an amazing experience and, if you can afford it, is a no-brainer. Great great service, no lines, no crowds, just about everything included, private pool and sun deck, private dining room, private lounge, etc, etc, etc. We loved it so much we have booked two more YC cruises on the Divina.

I think we were on the same cruise in March if I remember correctly. Today I found the Royal Suite YC3 available in June and I snapped it up as fast as I could. I can't wait. I have never sailed on the same ship twice but even with some of the hiccups we experienced last time, the price, the itinerary, the savings and the amenities of the YC will ALWAYS sway me toward MSC. I was looking at the same ports on the NCL Epic and apples to apples there was really no comparison-even taking into account the all inclusive package that NCL has added.