Celebrity Fan Tries Azamara...come along for the Journey

librarylady19

Haha! I caught that! It's ironic but we booked the Reflection in February based on your review and accolades for that ship, and you booked Azamara because of my review and accolades. And neither of us felt the other's fave ship quite met our expectations of grandeur. That's alright. I still love you anyway. ;) :D

Thanks for giving away the ending of the story Deirdre. Now how will I keep anyone reading. LOL. Love you too! Just hope your RCCL recommendations meet my expectations !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I hope you will find my opinions of some use. I really have enjoyed your reviews also. My friend Deirdre is a Celebrity fan too but lets just say that our reactions to Azamara were quite different .....

I'm finding it very useful! I've read a few reviews before and always been kind of on the fence and I think in a lot of ways I would probably feel like you did.

We are going to Bermuda in a week so I'll probably do another review when I get since its our first time on the M-class.

I'm finding it very useful! I've read a few reviews before and always been kind of on the fence and I think in a lot of ways I would probably feel like you did.

We are going to Bermuda in a week so I'll probably do another review when I get since its our first time on the M-class.

Enjoy Bermuda. We did that trip in 2012 and enjoyed it - Bermuda has some beautiful beaches. We really enjoyed taking the ferry to St. George's one afternoon. Are you doing AQ on Summit?

Edited by librarylady19

Enjoy Bermuda. We did that trip in 2012 and enjoyed it - Bermuda has some beautiful beaches. We really enjoyed taking the ferry to St. George's one afternoon. Are you doing AQ on Summit?

We are doing AQ, 1140. It will also be our first time having an aft cabin. I think we will need a vacation from this cruise since we are doing so much in the three days we are there.

I'm a Royal Caribbean and a Celebrity sailor. I did a cruise in February on Azamara Quest because we got a great deal and we were interested in the ports.

I'd rather sail Royal and Celebrity than Azamara.

I found the dining room service to be very sub par. I was not enchanted by the food and the cabins are teeny.

If I get another great deal and the ports are interesting, I'd go back, but it would be mainly for price and itinerary.

When large ships leave the port of Malta you feel like you could reach out and touch the fortifications. Did they do a special sail away in Malta by any chance?

We didn't unfortunately as it was dark when we left Valleta...another time .

I'm a Royal Caribbean and a Celebrity sailor. I did a cruise in February on Azamara Quest because we got a great deal and we were interested in the ports.

I'd rather sail Royal and Celebrity than Azamara.

I found the dining room service to be very sub par. I was not enchanted by the food and the cabins are teeny.

If I get another great deal and the ports are interesting, I'd go back, but it would be mainly for price and itinerary.

hi Kellie,

I remember your review which didn't sit well with some of the Azamara loyalists. We had good service in the dining room, thankfully, and I didn't have a problem with the cabin size, only the bathroom!

Thanks for the great comparison. Feel as if it answered a lot of questions that I always wondered about and if the grass was really greener on the other side amd worth the extra cost.

It confirms that Celebrity is still the cruise line that suits our needs, style and budget for now.

💰🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks for the great comparison. Feel as if it answered a lot of questions that I always wondered about and if the grass was really greener on the other side amd worth the extra cost.

It confirms that Celebrity is still the cruise line that suits our needs, style and budget for now.

💰🚢🇺🇸🌅

Glad you are finding it useful. It wasn't just the size of the ship that didn't feel right to me, though. I felt a bit out of place on Azamara, like I didn't belong. An older, very well off sedate crowd. I now know that eve if I found a cheap fare in one of the luxury lines, I would feel out of place as that's just not us. No fault of the ship or cruise line.

We love Azamara because of the size, service, food, crew, senior staff and captains. We are on the Infinity in August for the first time in 7 years and expect changes after reading the CC threads!! Biggest change will be the size of the ship! Looking forward to the ports around the British Isles! Price was the reason for going with Celebrity, including the 123 promotion!!

We never ate dinner buffets until we started on Azamara! Food in the MDR, buffet and specialty restaurants is excellent, as well as service.

Celebrity and the sky suites are the perfect fit for us. We loved our 2 Azamara cruises. In the Baltic we were docked right in town and the large ships were far away in shipping area. The crew on Azamara are wonderful and not dealing with 2800 people was a nice change. I would only choose Azamara if I could dock in town at most ports. I am a big fan of X and Azamara and probably won`t use other lines in the future unless I decide to cruise out of California to be closer to home and no flights involved. Thanks Sandi for a great review.

Thanks! To everyone who's following along on the Azamara board. It is slow going, but I do have review/photos of Taormina posted and have started on our Amalfi Coast tour.

Edited by librarylady19

Glad you are finding it useful. It wasn't just the size of the ship that didn't feel right to me, though. I felt a bit out of place on Azamara, like I didn't belong. An older, very well off sedate crowd. I now know that eve if I found a cheap fare in one of the luxury lines, I would feel out of place as that's just not us. No fault of the ship or cruise line.

Thanks for your honest review! We felt the same way with HAL....love everything about HAL, but just never felt like we fit in. When we sailed with Celebrity, we felt comfortable from the start. That's something to think about when jumping ships....

Cheers!

Edited by gwilli