For anyone who did the New Zealand cruise..

Jetswdo

Did anyone at Akaroa Harbor, Dunedin, or Dusky Sound find a self serve laundromat to use? I only wash my clothes in cold water, so prefer not to have Celebrity do my laundry---I'm thinking that I would do this first thing in the am, then go site seeing for the remainder of the day. I'm going to post this as well on New Zealand board. Thanks, Anita

Dunedin will be your best bet, but keep in mind you have to take a bus ride from the ship to the city and then find your way to the laundromat. I did a quick google map search and a couple of options showed up in the city. Good luck.

Dunedin will be your best bet, but keep in mind you have to take a bus ride from the ship to the city and then find your way to the laundromat. I did a quick google map search and a couple of options showed up in the city. Good luck.

Agree with the above post from our Aussie friend that Dunedin might be your best option, MAYBE, if and IF!! Why the if's? Lots to do in and around these great areas of the NZ South Island. Why waste a half day in Dunedin getting to the main downtown, finding such a laundry, etc., etc.? Your time is very valuable and highly limited for this incredibly beautiful and unique region!!! Make every minute count.

In this area, you should also consider doing two-day, Queenstown overnight excursion. Do a search on this thread and you will see more info, details, etc.

As noted in the live/blog below, we got off of the Solstice in February. Check out these postings for much more info/background on these great areas of the world, this nice ship, its entertainment, food options, etc. Lots of pictures and details there on this Queenstown option.

Reactions and added questions?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 61,830 views for this fun posting.

Dunedien, or even the town where the ship docks ( Port Chalmers)would be your best bet. I used the laundry service on our Auckland-Sydney cruise in March and was very happy with the service. I'm not sure if the could do it but why not request cold water only?

Akaroa is such a beautiful little spot that I'd much rather soak it all in than be soaking laundry. But ........... in response to your question I didn't see anything that looked like what you want.

Dunedin is big so there should be something, but if you are doing NZ to Oz it is one of the later stops so I don't know if you will need to be hitting the suds before then. It is a coach journey from the port so you might not want to be lugging laundry around town, but there is a bit of a town immediately at the port (can't remember it's name) so you might find something there.

My tip - take clothes that you don't mind Celebrity washing and enjoy the cruise. They really do make a good job of it.

Akaroa is such a beautiful little spot that I'd much rather soak it all in than be soaking laundry. My tip - take clothes that you don't mind Celebrity washing and enjoy the cruise. They really do make a good job of it.

SPacificbound: The NZ South Island is the most beautiful place! If at all possible make alternate plans for your laundry.

Two' date=' excellent above comments.[/i'] Especially the first one noted by the smart UK poster. This wisdom sums it all up very, very well. Figure out your alternatives so that you don't need to waste any valuable time in NZ fiddling with finding a place, doing laundry, etc., during key port stops. Too many great options to see and experience in the south island of NZ.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 174,864 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Don't spoil your vacation looking for a somewhere to wash your laundry. We loved Dunedin.

Give your laundry to Celebrity and ask for them to please use cold water. We have used them many times and never had a problem. You can wash your little things in the cabin and just send out what you really need.

Enjoy your cruise it was one of our best.

Please don't waste your limited time on shore in this beautiful land doing laundry. Take a few more clean clothes, hand wash in the sink/shower, give the clothes a second wear, or let Celebrity do it for you. Enjoy your much deserved vacation.

I use only hyper alergenic deteregent- As much as I love Celebrity, the only thing Princess line had that was so convenient, was having self service washers and dryers on board. Did my laundry at 7:00 am, done by 9:00 am- did this once during a cruise- no fuss no muss.

I had a great cruise on the Reflection-- I only wear cotton clothes that will shrink if washed in hot water. I had asked if their laundry would kindly handle my clothes with my detergent and cold water only. Reply: no I also asked if my clothes could just be damp dried. Reply: no.

So, FOR ME, I don't mind giving up 1 morning in a port to do my laundry. That is why I only wanted to know if anyone did use a public laundramatt somewhere in the middle of cruise-- Dunedin would be my first choice, but Akorea would be ok too. No, I am not planning to give up the whole day, just one morning if it would be possible. Anyway, I am just investigating this, so that I know what my options will be. Thanks for any information for someone who can provide facts as to whether or not there is any convenient spot.

Did anyone at Akaroa Harbor, Dunedin, or Dusky Sound find a self serve laundromat to use? I only wash my clothes in cold water, so prefer not to have Celebrity do my laundry---I'm thinking that I would do this first thing in the am, then go site seeing for the remainder of the day. I'm going to post this as well on New Zealand board. Thanks, Anita

I don't know if its coincidence, or if you have a dual personality, but this same question was asked very recently on Trip Advisor

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g255119-i2118-k7552553-Is_there_a_self_serve_laundramatt_with_washers_AND_dryers-Dunedin_Otago_Region_South_Island.html

Same sort of answers...although it seems that there is a facility at Akaroa that you might be able to use.

http://www.akaroa.com/community-services/laundry

cheers