Pacific Princees sold?

shaq

We received a comment from our TA that the Pacific Princess has been sold effective late 2006. We are concerned because we are book on the Pacific for late 2006. Does anyone have any information on this topic.

From what I have heard (and read), the Dawn Princess was supposed to go down to P&O and cruise Australia, but they have changed their minds now and are sending the Pacific Princess instead. Sorry, can't remember the dates all this is supposed to happen.

shaq

I don't recall the dates either - but Pacific Princess is splitting the year between Princess cruises and its Australian sister, P&O Australia.

It is a continuation of the original split started when Pacific Princess & her sister, Tahitian Princess, were lease/purchased three years ago, following Renaissance's bankruptcy, and the "arrest" of the two ships in Tahiti.

As noted above, Princess had planned to send Dawn Princess for the six month split, but then changed their little pointed corporate minds (again).

Princess has rearranged a lot of sailings just recently - I can see how a TA could be confused. The Pacific Princess was supposed to be with Princess with an entire season and the Dawn Princess was going to be split between the lines. Now, the Pacific Princess is going to be split between 2 lines, the Dawn Princess with Princess and the Regal who was supposed to go away is now staying.

How confusing!

I did read that the plan to send the Regal Princess to Ocean Village has been changed. Personally I think that this is a great management decision!

Is Princess "spliting" cruise seasons with P & O Australia on certain ships to add tempory capacity? Does anyone have insight on why they do this?

We received a comment from our TA that the Pacific Princess has been sold effective late 2006. We are concerned because we are book on the Pacific for late 2006. Does anyone have any information on this topic.
The Pacific Princess is not being sold. It's time has been split between P&O and Princess, six months of the year with each. Recently, it was announced that it would be full-time Princess but that has already been changed and it's going to continue to sail for P&O and Princess.

I think it's November that the Pacific Princess goes to P&O Australia, and it stays with them until April, if I remember right. So all the itineraries Princess had planned for then have been cancelled. The Dawn, which was going to go to Australia, won't be taking of the Pacific's itineraries, but will instead be sailing Mexico itineraries. The Regal will be doing a couple of Amazon cruises (something the Pacific was going to do) but other than that, I don't think any of the Pacific's itineraries are being replaced. But Princess hasn't announced many details about the Regal's itineraries yet, so who knows? Maybe they'll change their minds again.

We were booked on one of the cancelled Pacific Princess cruises (Cape Town to Singapore). I was called by Princess this week and one of the voice mail messages I received stated that Princess is looking at creating the same cruise, but there there won't be anything official for a couple of weeks. I wasn't aware the Regal received a reprieve from its move to Ocean Village. Perhaps it will pick up the cruises originally scheduled on the Pacific Princess. I could certainly deal with that.

Archived