Do You Get Confirmation of Stockholder's On-Board Credit

loudbmw

I faxed my brokerage statement showing ownership of 100 shares of CCL stock to the HAL customer service phone number listed in their annual report.

My fax machine showed the fax went through. Does HAL notify you in any way that the credit will appear on our shipboard account? We just made final payment for our 8/21/04 Zuiderdam cruise.

Thanks,

Lou

icon_wink.gif Shareholders shipboard certificates

HAL won't get in contact with you now.

Once you book a cruise, you will get a voucher in your documents.

We have our TA do everything. She has a copy for her records. When we book a cruise, she contacts HAL with all information. When her fax comes back, there is a notation on it about how much shipboard credit we are entitled to.

Right now shareholders shipboard credit isn't being given for any cruises after July 30 pending the stockholders meeting. But every year, this shipboard credit has been renewed.

We bought 100 shares many, many years ago and it has gone up in value and has increased its dividend. What we have gotten in shipboard credit has more than paid for the stock.

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Krazy Kruisers and Loundbmw.... I believe the meeting was in March and the report came out sometime in April. I always copy the Shareholder Benefit page out of there report. The benefit is now through July 31, 2005.

Credit per stateroom of 6 days or less. $50

7 to 13 days $100

14 days or longer $250

Penny

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jollycruiser:

If we were to buy 100 shares today. Would we be eligible to recieve the shipboard credit for a cruise already booked in December?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES

icon_wink.gif jollycruiser

If you bought the 100 shares today, you should get the credit for you December cruise. Once your stock broker sends you the completed paperwork, take it to your TA and have your TA take over from there.

Never do keep up with when stockholders meetings are. We get so many to vote on, especially when we are away and there are so many e-mails to go through when we get home.

Glad to hear that it will be good for another year.

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Krazy Kruisers,

Did you get your credit for our "common cruise" this year and what did you pay?

I was told I don't get the credit because I don't pay the standard price (what ever this is). I booked when the price came from $39xx down to $33xx). From other people on this board I read this is nonsense.

Dieter - As far as I know - what you pay for your cruise has nothing to do with your on board credit. That is a Carnival Stock thing. Whoever told you that, I'm sure is wrong. Next time talk to your TA. He always sends our stuff in on the stock and we have never had a problem. Our credit always shows up in the voucher. Penny

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GrammyPL:

Dieter - As far as I know - what you pay for your cruise has nothing to do with your on board credit. That is a Carnival Stock thing. Whoever told you that, I'm sure is wrong. Next time talk to your TA. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What you pay for your cruise can effect if you get your Carnival Stock Credit. This past April we were denied the credit , based on the price we paid for the cruise. There was someone else who posts on this board that was also denied the stock holder credit also.

According to the HAL annual report, you can fax a copy of proof of stock ownership (proxy card, share certificate or brokerage statement) to Holland America Reservation Administration at 206-298-3059 (fax).

I'll report back when the credit shows up on our documents due in about 5 weeks.

The annual report states "not combinable with any other shipboard credit. Employees, T/A's and anyone traveling on a reduced-rate are not eligible."

I have no clue what "reduced-rate" means. When is the last time anyone paid a brochure rate around here?

Lou

Zuiderdam 8/21/04

Zuiderdam 8/23/03

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by loudbmw:

I have no clue what "reduced-rate" means. When is the last time anyone paid a brochure rate around here?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me neither! One thing I can tell you, I have always received the credit when my fare was lower than Hal's site. This past cruise was the exception. We booked the cruise only 2 weeks out and it was one of those deals to die for.

Grammy,

We usually book way out also but this came along and was just too good to let it go. We have to fly also, but I checked the air fare and it was no problem. We got a terrific rate on Air Tran. It was just one of those things were everything fell into place, we even got our favorite cabin.

Not getting the credit was based on our price according to Hal. The Ta did try and even took it to a supervisor.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it necessary to buy 100 shares of CCL to get the full shipboard credit?

I bought 30 shares about four years ago and received a credit on a Carnival cruise at that time, so I'm wondering if the policy has changed to requiring 100 share ownership...

Also, if you book two cabins, would you receive a separate credit on each cabin?

Nina

30 shares will not qualify, it must be 100.

This is just a guess. I doubt if you booked 2 cabins that it would qualify. I would think the credit would be tied to your name and the cabin you were in. You can't be in 2 cabins at the same time. You can always call Hal and ask but I wouldn't count on it.

It would be interesting to know if anyone has tried this.

Archived