question about new menu?

laurrbarr

I must say im getting discouraged reading all negative reviews about new American table. I'm going on glory end of july and does anyone have positive comments about new menu? Post pics if you have any! Thank you :p

I must say im getting discouraged reading all negative reviews about new American table. I'm going on glory end of july and does anyone have positive comments about new menu? Post pics if you have any! Thank you :p

One positive about American Table/Feast could be that it hasn't created an uproar with the shrimp cocktail, as seen in the 2011 menu enhancements.

I really enjoyed it. There are some excellent pics in this review:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2055159

Thanks for posting your review, particularly the menus and food pictures. I was concerned about the changes, but now not so much.

The main thing the rest of my family will miss are the chilled soups. I liked a few of them, but there's plenty to choose from.

As mentioned above, the shrimp cocktail is back on the menu as a daily item. Another previous complaint was that the ribs were on formal night. They have been moved to a different night. Those changes show they do listen, sometimes it just takes awhile. ;)

Otherwise, I see some new things to try that will take the place of a few others I might have missed. Variety is the spice of life.

I had heard the dessert choices were much more limited, but that didn't seem to be what I saw on the menus. And, I had heard the Creme Brulee was totally gone, but I see it on Formal Night.

Bring it on - September on the Liberty can't get here fast enough. :D

I just got off the Liberty on Sunday and we had the new menu. I was very worried that I would not like the new menu (I can be picky) as I really enjoyed the old. I was honestly pleasantly surprised. The food was tasty and they still had plenty of options to choose from. The only things I didn't care for was the calamari (it was overcooked) and the lobster bisque (I thought it was going to be cream based). I ate a good bit of beef and shrimp.

Thanks for posting your review, particularly the menus and food pictures. I was concerned about the changes, but now not so much.

The main thing the rest of my family will miss are the chilled soups. I liked a few of them, but there's plenty to choose from.

As mentioned above, the shrimp cocktail is back on the menu as a daily item. Another previous complaint was that the ribs were on formal night. They have been moved to a different night. Those changes show they do listen, sometimes it just takes awhile. ;)

Otherwise, I see some new things to try that will take the place of a few others I might have missed. Variety is the spice of life.

I had heard the dessert choices were much more limited, but that didn't seem to be what I saw on the menus. And, I had heard the Creme Brulee was totally gone, but I see it on Formal Night.

Bring it on - September on the Liberty can't get here fast enough. :D

I wish I could take credit for the review, but it's not mine. I was just too lazy to take a bunch of pics at dinner. Plus we had some table mate drama starting the first night which carried on a couple other nights as well. I absolutely HATE sitting with strangers! But you are very welcome for the link!

We've had it twice on the Inspiration, February and May. They've been tweaking the menus and recipes. What we received in February was a bit different than what we had in May.

Overall we were pleased with the new menu. Any item can be served as a single portion.

Which ships is the American Feast menu currently on? Truthfully, there were many items that I was not a huge fan of when we had it in the Glory and am kinda hoping it isn't on my upcoming Breeze cruise in a couple weeks. I would like to do a close together cross comparison, simply out of my own curiosity.

Since you did ask for positives - I liked the look without the tablecloths. They also had nice coasters to set the water pitchers into which prevented any condensation on the table. I liked having the pitchers of water directly on the table. Additionally, while I am not a vegetarian (love my veggies though), most of the vegetarian options for very tasty. The kale ceaser was also a huge hit with many of the people at our table. A couple other positives (although not about the new menu) - our waiter was great and the person who made sure my mom didn't have an allergic reaction was fabulous (this is not the same person as the maitre'd who was definitely not fabulous). We also shared a lot of items (everyone at the table was friends from before) which was fun.

Since they are continually tweaking, zydeco cruisers menus are outdated. We were on Liberty last month and enjoyed most of the menu. The "for the table" selections are gone but each night there was a different flatbread available as well as salad that you could order as an appetizer. I tried the calamari the first night and liked it.

The Creme brûlée was on 1st formal night and the grand mariner soufflé was last night. I did not like the blueberry popcorn thing that much. I had been looking forward to the banana bread pudding but it was awful. I tried just 2 bites and did not eat the rest. No one else at the table liked it either. The panda cotta was good.

I remember the lobster was really good and the fish dishes were good. My DH's chaeuteaubriand the first night was really fatty.

The soups were good but missed the cold soups.

Liberty still has the tablecloths which we really liked.