Help! Oasis with 2 kids need some tips

Hi,

I will be going on the Oasis with a 5 and a 7 yrs old pretty soon. I have a few questions which I hope you can help me with.

1- They drink warm milk every night before bed and every morning before breakfast. Can I order warm milk from room service? Will it take to long for a cranky and tired 5 yr old at night after a long day?

2-Fun and save excursions for the kids on Falmouth and Cozumel?

3- Kids club, they are very used to be together all the time but will fall in different categories for the kids clubs are they allowed to stay together?

4- What if my 5 yr old wants to leave the kids club at night because he is tired and wants to sleep? How can the kids club staff contact me? At Disney cruise your stateroom phone is portable and they will send you a message when your kids want to leave the club.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I can only help with #1 - room service never came quicker than 30 minutes. Often 45 mins to an hour. You could request a real fridge from special needs, take milk from the windjammer each day or morning and then use a "bottle warmer" at night. Just one suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be a good time to get them used to cold milk....you can get warm milk, but it's not an "instant" thing! The fridge in your cabin will keep the milk cold enough for storage for a day....they are "dorm style" cube fridges.

No..they won't let them be in the same group, but they will have plenty of time together outside of the club...the activities are truly geared toward their ages. They'll be fine!

I believe they rent phones for use on the ship....that might be a good option if you aren't checking in on the kids in the club frequently.

Google or get a guidebook on your ports!!! That's the best way to get good info!

Edited by cb at sea

#2 - We took our 5 and 7 year old kids to the dolphin interaction in Cozumel. They LOVED it and there was snorkeling and little tide pools for them to play in afterward.

#3 - We were able to get our 5 year old moved up into the next group with his brother. But only because he also had a brother in the 9-11 group. The reasoning is that there are points in time when they combine the 6-8 and 9-11 groups, so they don't want a much younger, smaller child with the 9-11 year old kids. If your child is very close to his/her 6th birthday, they're more willing to work with you.

#4 - They only have phones for the 3 year olds. If you're really concerned, your best bet might be walkie-talkies. You can rent them on the ship but they sell out really, really quickly. Allure only had 100 sets for the whole ship. So if you did decide to rent, you need to go straight away, as soon as you board. Alternatively, you could buy a set to take with you and ask to leave one with the staff. I'm guessing they would be agreeable to that, though we didn't do it, so I couldn't say for sure.

I can only help with #1 - room service never came quicker than 30 minutes. Often 45 mins to an hour. You could request a real fridge from special needs, take milk from the windjammer each day or morning and then use a "bottle warmer" at night. Just one suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LissyTx, thanks for your quick response. I am following your review. Thanks again.

#2 - We took our 5 and 7 year old kids to the dolphin interaction in Cozumel. They LOVED it and there was snorkeling and little tide pools for them to play in afterward.

#3 - We were able to get our 5 year old moved up into the next group with his brother. But only because he also had a brother in the 9-11 group. The reasoning is that there are points in time when they combine the 6-8 and 9-11 groups, so they don't want a much younger, smaller child with the 9-11 year old kids. If your child is very close to his/her 6th birthday, they're more willing to work with you.

#4 - They only have phones for the 3 year olds. If you're really concerned, your best bet might be walkie-talkies. You can rent them on the ship but they sell out really, really quickly. Allure only had 100 sets for the whole ship. So if you did decide to rent, you need to go straight away, as soon as you board. Alternatively, you could buy a set to take with you and ask to leave one with the staff. I'm guessing they would be agreeable to that, though we didn't do it, so I couldn't say for sure.

mom23zs, I was looking into the dolphins swim in Cozumel too. Where you booked it? I found a great deal on the park's website but not sure of buying from them in advance.

Thanks for your info on # 3 and #4 very helpful.

Hi,

I will be going on the Oasis with a 5 and a 7 yrs old pretty soon. I have a few questions which I hope you can help me with.

3- Kids club, they are very used to be together all the time but will fall in different categories for the kids clubs are they allowed to stay together?

4- What if my 5 yr old wants to leave the kids club at night because he is tired and wants to sleep? How can the kids club staff contact me? At Disney cruise your stateroom phone is portable and they will send you a message when your kids want to leave the club.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I listened as a parent asked to have her child moved up this last week. They were told he would have to try his age group one night to be evaluated to see if he was mature enough to change groups. If he listened well, followed the rules, they'd consider it.

The kids club has phones for the 3 and under set, but you would be better off stopping by to see how the 5 year old is doing. You could rent a phone the first day if you get there early enough.

I listened as a parent asked to have her child moved up this last week. They were told he would have to try his age group one night to be evaluated to see if he was mature enough to change groups. If he listened well, followed the rules, they'd consider it.

The kids club has phones for the 3 and under set, but you would be better off stopping by to see how the 5 year old is doing. You could rent a phone the first day if you get there early enough.

HI Jen731, thank you very much for your response.