Cooking Class question

We've attended the cooking class on the Magic a few times, and I think on one other ship. Both cooking classes had the same menu.

Is the menu during the cooking class the same on all ships? (mushroom cappuccino, spinach/mushroom salad, rosemary chicken, tiramisu)

We've attended the cooking class on the Magic a few times, and I think on one other ship. Both cooking classes had the same menu.

Is the menu during the cooking class the same on all ships? (mushroom cappuccino, spinach/mushroom salad, rosemary chicken, tiramisu)

I can't answer your question, but I do have a couple of my own. Is this a cooking class where the passengers can participate or is it more like a demonstration where the passengers just watch? Do you recall when and where it is held?

Thanks,

Tim

I can't answer your question, but I do have a couple of my own. Is this a cooking class where the passengers can participate or is it more like a demonstration where the passengers just watch? Do you recall when and where it is held?

Thanks,

Tim

You watch a demonstration and sample the foods. It is held in the steakhouse on Magic. Check your fun times. And arrive early! I missed it on my first cruise on the Magic as it was full 15 minutes before start time. Didn't make that mistake again.

Edited by prattmom

That's the same menu they had on the Splendor back in 2009.

Did this cooking demo years ago, don't even remember which ship, but it was held in the steakhouse. You can ask the chef questions during the demo and you get samples of what is made plus a copy of the recipes if I remember right. Would be nice if they changed the menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks,

Tim

It is usually the first sea day around noon. It is not to be missed...

Here are some pics from Liberty in 2012:

9b755721.jpg

8cca6ab5.jpg

1d984b83.jpg

f7afeecc.jpg

e2f4fe20.jpg

I missed the demonstration on the Glory a few years ago and have been kicking myself ever since. Last two cruises have been on ships without steakhouses, so this is on my "must do" list on the Breeze next week! :-D

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

The menu was slightly different on the Pride. We had the mushroom cappuccino and the spinach salad, but the main and dessert were beef stroganoff and cheesecake. The stroganoff was amazing, not the brown cream gravy you usually get; this was something you can imagine being prepared for the Czar. Too bad that isn't what they serve in the MDR.

We went to it on the Dream in January and it was the same menu.

It was the Chef's Art steakhouse cooking demo. The chefs each cook one of the courses and you watch them. They bring out small plates for everyone to sample each dish and with four courses, it was a pretty generous snack/light meal. Would DEFINITELY go again! They held it on a sea day and it was an amazing lunch, totally free, etc. They give you recipes at the end, including the recipe for Carnival's famous chocolate lava cake.

We LOVED the mushroom cappucino. They served a mushroom soup in the MDR a few nights later, but it was so obviously missing elements from the cappuccino, like the truffle oil, mix of mushrooms, etc.

We got there early to get seats in the front because they didn't have any kind of mirror/screen to see the cooking for the people in the back. But we got front row seats because we accidentally snuck in early. We had come to the steakhouse maybe 10-15 min earlier to use the restrooms, after walking around on deck and they were already setting up for the demo so we just took our seats, thinking we were the only ones interested. None of the restaurant staff told us different or asked us to leave or said anything. Then when it finally came time for the demo, it turns out they had everyone else waiting outside and let them in all at once. Whoops. :o

I attended the cooking demo on the Liberty last week. It was held on the first sea day, noon, in the Diamonds Steakhouse. It was the same menu as you listed, and they give you the recipes to bring home.

We had been warned to arrive 20 mins early, and that only netted us seats in the back. I'd advise 25-30 mins and bring a book to keep you busy.

The food samples were ample & superb. I'd definitely do it again. :D

On the Legend the cooking demo was packed 15 minutes before it started on one trip, nearly empty on another. Same menu. I wouldn't call it a "free lunch" as one poster described it, it was a small taste of 3 items.

It was fun to listen to the descriptions and why they use certain items and not other items you'd think they'd use.

Same menu on Freedom last december, demo was @noon, so samples were a very nice lunch.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

Edited by Sheila3

I attended the cooking demo on the Liberty last week. It was held on the first sea day, noon, in the Diamonds Steakhouse. It was the same menu as you listed, and they give you the recipes to bring home.

We had been warned to arrive 20 mins early, and that only netted us seats in the back. I'd advise 25-30 mins and bring a book to keep you busy.

The food samples were ample & superb. I'd definitely do it again. :D

Thanks for the info. We'll plan to do this on Liberty in October.