Need help with Allure vs Getaway. Price reasons

I would book the sale that is on now, you can always get your deposit back should you reconsider going on the Oasis, but you can also change your rate should it go lower. I don't think I get a better rate than what I have gotten with the special they now have. I booked the Oasis for last year and paid the very same price that I paid for the Allure last month.

I would book the sale that is on now, you can always get your deposit back should you reconsider going on the Oasis, but you can also change your rate should it go lower. I don't think I get a better rate than what I have gotten with the special they now have. I booked the Oasis for last year and paid the very same price that I paid for the Allure last month.

We're talking about booking after final payment (a little over a week away) - you can't get your deposit back and you can't get further price drops. The OP can't go on the Oasis since it will be Europe. :cool:

Edited by kemenyg

You sound like a flexible couple with a firm budget looking at fall cruise from Florida? Correct? Would you even consider other ships if their prices were super appealing that week? For example, I do not generally sail Carnival, but for the right price I might just try the breeze (maybe a cove balcony) when schools are in session. Fun can be had on many different ships, especially if your attitude is right.

So, if you could be very flexible, I'd wait. Prices for fall cruises often drop. Watch the prices after final payment, and pounce when you see a great price on an applealing ship. OTOH, if you at some point decide you have your heart set on a certain ship/sail date, then perhaps book whenever the price is acceptable.

The Oasis remains in Florida (my next cruise is on the Oasis in May) it is the Allure that be moving to Europe.

Oasis will be going to Europe this fall for dry dock and a few cruise. Thus, I think that's what the poster meant when he/she said supplies will tighten this fall sailing out of FL.

:confused:

I just want to make a quick note:

The allure sailing reduced to 1,863.98 as of today from 1923.98. Is this a sign that they cannot sell out the cabins and I should wait even further?

September is one of the lowest priced months for cruising. I would wait til after final payment and cruise Allure.

I think I have pretty much decided to go with the Allure because I can only make this trip once in the near future. I will wait until after the final payment date as most people on here said because it is low season. If there are any questions I will definitely ask here and keep you guys updated!

Thanks for the help guys!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I am looking at the cruise prices every day now, and just yesterday and today the September 7th and 14th sailing just increased prices to around 920 per person. What should I do now?? Will this keep increasing??

EDIT: I am confused now.. Please someone explain to me what is happening below:

Prices for 9/7/2014:

June 29th

Morning: 699 lowest

Evening: 929 lowest

This price stayed here today until now, which is:

June 30th

Evening: 779 lowest

Now this is starting to happen to the Sept 14th sailing, which I am looking at. The interior guarantee is already sold out (Category Z) and the lowest price is now 929. Now can some RCL Expert advise me what is happening and what my next move should be to get the lowest price?

Edited by alanme123

As expected the price trend is downward for the 9/7 sailing (prices dropped yesterday) but still up for the 9/14 sailing (final payment not till this week).

You will likely have price swings weekly (or daily as you saw over the weekend) - expect the sailing to show up on the Tuesday special soon. I expect a sale this weekend for 4th of July. The prices will keep going down in the categories with the most inventory. To get an accurate picture of the inventory go to RCI's UK site - it shows all cabins available. The only issue now is price vs. cabin location. The price for an L inside for example will likely bottom out around 600-700/pp (last year's 9/8 sailing bottomed out at $629 the week before sailing - prices didn't drop below $900 till late July) but the locations of those cabins will become less and less desireable.

I'd wait at least until your sailing shows up on the Tuesday special (less than 60 days out). The only uptick in prices will likely be at the very end - the last week. If you see a sale for something like an L or M for $600 I'd jump on it - there might be an odd instance of something lower, but by that time cabin location may be very poor.

P.S. I'm also waiting to book a 9/7 sailing on a different ship.

Edited by kemenyg

As expected the price trend is downward for the 9/7 sailing (prices dropped yesterday) but still up for the 9/14 sailing (final payment not till this week).

You will likely have price swings weekly (or daily as you saw over the weekend) - expect the sailing to show up on the Tuesday special soon. I expect a sale this weekend for 4th of July. The prices will keep going down in the categories with the most inventory. To get an accurate picture of the inventory go to RCI's UK site - it shows all cabins available. The only issue now is price vs. cabin location. The price for an L inside for example will likely bottom out around 600-700/pp (last year's 9/8 sailing bottomed out at $629 the week before sailing - prices didn't drop below $900 till late July) but the locations of those cabins will become less and less desireable.

I'd wait at least until your sailing shows up on the Tuesday special (less than 60 days out). The only uptick in prices will likely be at the very end - the last week. If you see a sale for something like an L or M for $600 I'd jump on it - there might be an odd instance of something lower, but by that time cabin location may be very poor.

P.S. I'm also waiting to book a 9/7 sailing on a different ship.

Thank you very much for your advice. Right now I have managed to get a guaranteed inside cabin (z) on hold for 24 hours. the price for that is 1850ish plus tax. I think that you are correct about the price jumping a little. I will wait as well and hope that it will be like the 9/7 sailing and go down suddenly.

after watching these fares for a couple of decades I see unusual weakness in the usually robust summer months and a lot of competition between Carnival/RCCL/NCL in the ports I'm looking at-Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and Galveston. I think I'm going to roll the dice with some late bargains for late August when demand goes down

after watching these fares for a couple of decades I see unusual weakness in the usually robust summer months and a lot of competition between Carnival/RCCL/NCL in the ports I'm looking at-Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and Galveston. I think I'm going to roll the dice with some late bargains for late August when demand goes down

I don't think demand will go down - the demand has been low to start. The prices this year have gone down earlier than last year. The only issue is at what price point will RCI get people like to OP to jump in.

Seem to have lots of various opinions here, but I'll toss in my two cents as well.

Sailed both Oasis and Breakaway. Given the option I'd take Oasis/Allure over Breakaway/Getaway in a heartbeat. Food, dining and service were all terrible on Breakaway.

Edited by JemzRoo

Hi Everybody,

I have some decision problems for which cruise go on on with my SO. My planned trip will be around Sept 14 and I am looking at the NCL Getaway or the RCCL Allure. Now I want to keep in mind that I am on a tight budget and want to spend as little as possible. The interior stateroom in the Allure cheapest would be 1900 including tax. This is pretty much my limit. The Getaway is around 1500-1600.This is a significantly cheaper than the Allure.

I am wondering if the prices would go down further later on? I really want to go on the Allure (I went on the Oasis with family a few years back and thought it was great). Or should I just settle for the cheaper NCL option??

Some advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

Prices can change any time.

The Allure cannot be considered comparable to any NCL ship.

NCL ships have their merits but no comparison with the Allure.

As you have been on the Oasis class already - why not try a different ship?

The Getaway can be an option. I would add about $100-120 pp for dining as NCL's way of dining is extra charge venues (if you want decent food).

Enjoy your cruise!

When is final payment date for this cruise? About now? If so, since you have held out until now, I'd hold out a bit longer. Over the next week or so, let the cruise line see who has made final payment and who has backed out. Let the public see a storm or two from in the Atlantic, to remind them it is hurricane season. Meanwhile, watch for price drops; pull the trigger when the price is acceptable to you. It is hard to predict when the bottom might come. Sometimes I have held out too long, only to see prices rise when I thouhgt they'd fall. Other times I have caught the bottom, or close anyway. It is always a bit of a gamble, but if your price is acceptable to you, good enough is good enough.

I echo the plan to wait it out. Looks like there are still quite a few rooms available but the price remains high. We are going just before your planned date for much less than you are planning to pay - OV deck 10. Let us know how it works out for you. Best of luck!

I would wait it out a bit longer. I too am of the "just give me a cabin" type and don't care where I sleep (although... deck 8 on O or A is the best location IMO ;))

There are hundreds of interiors on these ships and September is the slowest month for sailing so they tend to drop prices. Assuming you're within driving distance? and not factoring in flights etc between it shouldn't be an issue getting a cabin.

The BOGOHO sale just ended so i'd wait a day or so for them to reprice their cabins. $900 range is very high for that time of year (for random comparison purposes: we paid $749 inside GTY for the 1st Allure sailing & $809 for Oasis for April 2012). There will probably be a new sale by the week end for July 4th & I think you're just seeing an "in between sales" pricing structure at the moment.

I just realized that the BOGOHO sale just ended too. Each ticket is around 1200 each just for inside now.. I will highly assume that these will go down soon haha.. Almost surprised me when I checked the prices today.

Many sailings were repriced yesterday with the elimination of the BOGOHO sale. I expect either a new sale across the board or discounts coming for sailings inside the final payment.

Edited by kemenyg