Queen bed in S1 Suites (Grand suite)??

skrodle

Hi there-

We are currently booked into a S2 owners suite and thinking about upgrading to the S1 Grand suite. There are a couple pros and cons we are considering. One that I am hoping will be a pro is the bed is listed as "Queen Only".

Does anyone know if this means it is an actual queen? or is it still the two twins pushed together and they cannot configure it to a queen?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

David

Hi there-

We are currently booked into a S2 owners suite and thinking about upgrading to the S1 Grand suite. There are a couple pros and cons we are considering. One that I am hoping will be a pro is the bed is listed as "Queen Only".

Does anyone know if this means it is an actual queen? or is it still the two twins pushed together and they cannot configure it to a queen?

Thanks

David

It's my understanding and suites I've had liberty to see, that all suites are standard queens. No twin beds at all.

We stayed in the grand suite a year and a half ago. Can't find my pictures from the bedroom but I am pretty sure that the bed has to stay as a queen because each side has a night stand/cabnets to the ceiling.

It's my understanding and suites I've had liberty to see, that all suites are standard queens. No twin beds at all.

No, we have always stayed in suites and never seen a standard queen.

All the suites we have been in for the last 10 years have the same beds as other cabins.

Mike:)

I understand why it has to be a queen, but wondering if it is a queen, or the two twins... I hate that gap in the middle of the bed

It is two singles mated together.

In our recent suites they have been placing a one piece topper over them that makes it almost like a single bed.

In our recent suites they have been placing a one piece topper over them that makes it almost like a single bed.

awesome thanks :)

I will second that. With the separate pillow top, we couldn't feel the seam between the two twins. The bed was very comfortable on our three recent cruises in suites.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I still have to laugh but was taken back after an experience we had in the grand suite on a month long cruise when we walked into the bedroom and noticed two large valleys on the bed. It looked like one in a cheap hotel. I thought there was no way I was going to be able to have a good nights sleep - I need a firm mattress. I pointed it out to our steward the next morning and yes, I had a terrible night sleep. We came back later that afternoon and the bed was flat. I lifted up the matress to see if it was a new one and was shocked to see two blankets placed under the mattress pad where the valleys were. It worked but I was still shocked that they would do this in the most expensive cabin on the ship.

Hi there-

Thanks

David

I've stayed in the Grand Suite (S1) and it is a queen bed. Not 2 twins pushed together. It's actually a very LARGE queen bed.

Hi there-

Thanks

David

I am afraid I can't be of much help. As a well trained husband of 48 years, I cling tightly to the edge of my side of the bed while the wife sprawls over the other 80% of the bed's surface. If it helps you, she has never complained about any crack or depression in the center of the bed in any of the penthouse suites we have booked.

I am afraid I can't be of much help. As a well trained husband of 48 years, I cling tightly to the edge of my side of the bed while the wife sprawls over the other 80% of the bed's surface. If it helps you, she has never complained about any crack or depression in the center of the bed in any of the penthouse suites we have booked.

Are you sure you aren't my husband???

I always ask him why he is almost falling off the bed. I thought about changing sides but if he does it on that side, then I'll know he is trying to stay as far away from me as he can.