Hotel in Venice

Capri73

The San Clemente is gorgeous and set on a private island with its own fabulous water shuttles to the piazza San Marco,

We stayed there after disembarking our first ever Seabourn cruise and it was wonderful.

There is a restaurant set outside with views of Venice and whilst the food was not so memorable the setting was absolutely fantastic.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by jrmuk

jrmuk,

The San Clemente is now closed. Will reopen in the future as a St. Regis.

Just checked and it is open during the OP's stay although at over €700 a night it is far pricier than when we stayed.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked in Bauer L'hotel for Spirit cruise tomorrow. Fantastic two rooms with canal views. Returning guests, we warranted a bottle of the finest prosecco, not only for my wife and myself but also for our daughters. I can't comment on Cipriani (maybe when only two of us are travelling?) but this is a quality place where you get what you are paying for and it is a fitting appetiser to another Seabourn experience.

If you are looking for a luxury full service hotel, the new Aman is lovely, as the is refurbished Gritti. IMO the Gritti has a better location, as the buildings directly alongside and opposite the Aman are shabby and the outlook not as pretty as at the Gritti. Both have wonderful service. Gritti interior is classical Venetian -antiques, silks, Murano glass. Aman has classical Venetian bones with a contemporary interior laid over. The Cipriani is also very lovely with great service, but for me the location is just a little to far from the action, despite the regular boat service to S Marco and I feel a little restricted there. The food at the newly refurbished Oro restaurant is, however outstanding and the best restaurant of these 3 hotels. All of these 3 hotels are very expensive, but worth it. The 3 best hotels in Venice. Someone suggested Al Ponte Antico. It is small and interesting/quaint, but not 5 star. More 3-4 star at best. It has no restaurant, (although does offer breakfasts) and is rather a different prospect from a full service hotel. Depends what you are looking for and if your stop is very short, stay in the main part of Venice, but avoid staying in the very touristy and downmarket parts of the Riva or the backstreets of the square. Hope this info is useful to you.