Beach in Falmouth recommendations??

newparents

Firstly, I know that there is the Ports of call section but there are not as many answers there so thought I would ask you guys for your suggestions if u dont mind.

Going on Freedom in Oct, when we get to Falmouth we are thinking a beach day might be nice, not a clue where to go though, a clean beach where we are not getting hassled by vendors, we will have 2 small children with us.

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. :)

We went to Doctor's Cave beach in Montego Bay.

+1

We went to Doctor's Cave Beach and it was great. Nice, clean facilities/restrooms, bar with drinks and food right there (waitresses come to you on the beach if you would rather stay under your umbrella), snorkel equipment was $6pp, entrance fee was a few dollars each and the umbrella was a few dollars too. Very reasonable and because it is a private beach there were no vendors when we there. I think the 4 of us spent maybe $30 to get in and get and umbrella and snorkel equipment for the boys (which the worker said to just keep and let us parents use when they were done so we didn't have to pay again).

We booked a private tour with Peat Taylor who we've used before in Jamaica and this was our beach portion of he day. We paid $40pp for the private tour of shopping, beach time and eating at Scotchies.

Edited by MandyMooToo

we went to doctor's cave beach in montego bay.

+1

we went to doctor's cave beach and it was great. Nice, clean facilities/restrooms, bar with drinks and food right there (waitresses come to you on the beach if you would rather stay under your umbrella), snorkel equipment was $6pp, entrance fee was a few dollars each and the umbrella was a few dollars too. Very reasonable and because it is a private beach there were no vendors when we there. I think the 4 of us spent maybe $30 to get in and get and umbrella and snorkel equipment for the boys (which the worker said to just keep and let us parents use when they were done so we didn't have to pay again).

+2 :)

Edited by Merion_Mom

Firstly, I know that there is the Ports of call section but there are not as many answers there so thought I would ask you guys for your suggestions if u dont mind.

Going on Freedom in Oct, when we get to Falmouth we are thinking a beach day might be nice, not a clue where to go though, a clean beach where we are not getting hassled by vendors, we will have 2 small children with us.

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. :)

Five to 10 minutes east of the Port of Falmouth, is an area called White Bay.

Located along White Bay, from west to east, are the following:

* Red Stripe Beach, a private area used for Royal Caribbean tour.

* Time N Place, a rustic venue with cottages, bar and restaurant.

* N-Resort, a nudist beach and resort.

* Breezes Resort - Trelawny, currently under renovation, which will reopen as Memories White Sands.

* Burwood Public Beach, controlled by the Trelawny Parish Council, with plans to modernize the facilities, but unimproved for last three years.

* Chukka Beach excursion (recently discontinued) used the beach next to Burwood Public Beach

Here is a map of White Bay.

25 to 30 minutes west of Falmouth, midway between Falmouth and Montego Bay are two resorts. Excursions are available for Iberostar(through the ship) and Hilton Rose Hall (through Jamaicaforaday).

• 4 weeks later...
We went to Doctors Cave beach from the Falmouth port. It's a nice clean beach with food & drink service right on the beach and was about 30 minute drive from the port.

How did you get there and what was the cost?

We booked a private tour through Peat Taylor and paid $40pp for the whole day, which included Doctor's Cave Beach. I am sure you can book transportation only through them for a lesser rate (we did previously for airport transfers) or even get a taxi from the port (just be sure to get a legitimate taxi, a JUTA taxi).

How much time did you get to spend onthe beach? It seems as if its long ride from this port.

It was about 1/2 hr ride to the beach. We hung out at the beach and had lunch right there. Decent food and drink at the bar 100 ft from our spot on the beach. Got to Dr's Cave @11:30 (ship time) and had him pick us up at 4:00PM(ship time). It was $6 entry..$6/per chair..and $6 for an umbrella. Happened to be the the day that Germany pounded Brazil (7-1) which the bar had on their tv. The place was going wild. We had a great time there!

http://www.bookitvacationjamaica.com/cruiseship/falmouthBeachtrip.html

We booked our tour to Doctors Cave beach with this company. It was $39/pp and there were 10 of us. They also provided a car seat at our request. We were able to stay as long as we wanted. The driver stayed around the beach for whenever we wanted to go back to the ship.

Just as an FYI time and place is closed, and the former breezes trelawny reopened as royalton white sands about 10 months ago. I believe they offer day passes if you contact them directly. If you are looking for a nice beach, jewel runaway bay is about 30 minutes from Falmouth, has the best beach on the north coast and sells day passes.

• 1 month later...
Did you arrange for a $20.00 rate through Jaital? The only thing I see on their website is an excursion for sightseeing and Doctor's Cave?

If you look further down there page u will see the option for just a shuttle. The cost to Doctor Cave is 20 pp

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forums mobile app