Bar setup on RCI

I am with the OP on this one ya there may be 20 bars but how many of them are on your balcony? I would love for them to allow you to purchase a bottle and have it in your room hell it would make me buy their soda package so i can have my rum and cokes and enjoy the balcony i am paying for.

I am with the OP on this one ya there may be 20 bars but how many of them are on your balcony? I would love for them to allow you to purchase a bottle and have it in your room hell it would make me buy their soda package so i can have my rum and cokes and enjoy the balcony i am paying for.

You would have to go to the bar anyhow for the soda. Cans are not included in any package.

You would have to go to the bar anyhow for the soda. Cans are not included in any package.

Not really they give you the big refill cup that u could fill with all soda and no ice prob get 3 or 4 mixed drinks out of it. Plus they have soda in the mini bar if I needed to buy a can. So It sounds like awin win. They stock the mini bar with your favorite mixer they sell u the bottle and sell you the mixer.

You can order drinks via room service.

Not really they give you the big refill cup that u could fill with all soda and no ice prob get 3 or 4 mixed drinks out of it. Plus they have soda in the mini bar if I needed to buy a can. So It sounds like awin win. They stock the mini bar with your favorite mixer they sell u the bottle and sell you the mixer.

Wouldn't the soda be flat after sitting in the refill cup for a couple of hours?

On NCL you could order a bottle and you could bring you own soda or juice on board. We normally put a 6 pack of coke and a 6 pack of water in our small suitcase with our shoes etc. i don't like soda and don't want the calories of drinking juice for a week (i prefer eating my calories :-)). Then I use Crystal light in my water. I guess now I just have to send hubby to the bar :-). We are traveling with a 4 yr old granddaughter of whom we have custody so she needs a good afternoon nap so a drink on the balcony while she is napping is nice. I don't drink when she is up and with us. Can you bring water and soda on RCI now that they do drink packages? I don't drink enough to do the alcohol one and don't know if I want to spend $140/7 days for water and coffee.. I'm sure there is free coffee right?

Thanks for all the feedback! I feel like a novice cruiser going on a new line for us!

Yes, coffee, tea, water, milk and lemonade are free, as is juice at breakfast. There are usually packets of hot chocolate mix in the Windjammer buffet and at Cafe Promenade if your ship has one. Feel free to take any of these back to your cabin. Many people bring a six-pack of sodas on board with no problem.

Yes, coffee, tea, water, milk and lemonade are free, as is juice at breakfast. There are usually packets of hot chocolate mix in the Windjammer buffet and at Cafe Promenade if your ship has one. Feel free to take any of these back to your cabin. Many people bring a six-pack of sodas on board with

Thanks! No need to spend $20/day for me. Thinking about getting hubby $40/day beer/ wine package. How much is a beer (corona for instance) on the ship? Trying to figure out if it's worth it sincevwe habe 4 port days. I guess I need to search for a frink package thread...