Self Service Laundry

wendyatpml

We will be in London for three days before our British Isles cruise.I was planning on using the Self Service Laundry on Embarkment day. Has anyone else done this? Is it crowded? Also how long does the washing machine and dryer run? I don't want to spend the whole day doing laundry.

We will be in London for three days before our British Isles cruise.I was planning on using the Self Service Laundry on Embarkment day. Has anyone else done this? Is it crowded? Also how long does the washing machine and dryer run? I don't want to spend the whole day doing laundry.

I have done it when we do a B2B...no crowds, no waiting.

The washer & dryer each take about 45 minutes. If I remember right there is a sign posted in the laundry room.

I've not done laundry on embarkation day so I can't comment on that but I usually do ours on a sea day, getting there for opening time (generally 08.00) so I get a machine without waiting. A wash takes about an hour so we go for breakfast and the drier takes about the same so, once I've transferred my clothes, I go for a coffee or do a short activity before returning to unload and maybe do some ironing. I expect the whole process to take about 3 hours.

I do make sure I take note of the timings so I get back to empty my machines promptly.......laundry rage can be a terrible thing!!

Have never encountered a closed laundry room at any time on any of the cruises we’ve taken.

I’m always awake early each morning and similar to Soccerref will run a load or two before anyone else is awake – as early as 5am.

While waiting, I’ll hit the IC for a coffee, maybe a breakfast snack in HC or just wander the quiet upper deck watching the sun come up.

Everything is done and my day is underway by 7am.

I take some things damp back to the cabin and let them air dry in the closet (with those little plastic clothespins with a hook to hang over the rod.) That reduces the need for more dryer space. There is also a short clothesline in the shower.