Diamond and Up Drink Vouchers - List of Ships Using them

I just got this email from RCI about our Cruise on the Vision of the Seas on 1 September.

YOUR ONBOARD LOUNGE BENEFITS JUST GOT BETTER

We are excited to introduce an expanded Crown & Anchor Society benefit for you during your upcoming cruise! In addition to the nightly receptions at the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge (for our Diamond Plus and Pinnacle guests), you now have the flexibility to enjoy happy hour at a wide variety of bars onboard.

Your SeaPass Card will be pre-loaded with three complimentary drink vouchers for each night of the sailing, which can be used during nightly lounge hours. Toast your way around the ship, on us!

This expanded benefit will be slowly rolled out across the entire fleet by Fall. Kindly note, drinks vouchers are not valid in the main dining room, the Windjammer Café or in any of our specialty restaurants, and expire daily.*

Edited by Trainman-2

]Is Bailey's a new offering to the list? I don't remember seeing it before.

Just of the Vision today and we had the drinks loaded on the Seapass, Bailey's was included. Everything seemed to work well, although most nights we went to the CL

Mary

Nice! Just to be clear, it was on a printed list somewhere so asking for Bailey's on ice won't be asking for an upgrade?

Nice! Just to be clear, it was on a printed list somewhere so asking for Bailey's on ice won't be asking for an upgrade?

Even if you see a list with Bailey's included, I would still ask the server when ordering if the drink is included on your voucher. You might find a bit of a difference bar to bar, even on the same ship.

I just got this email from RCI about our Cruise on the Vision of the Seas on 1 September.

YOUR ONBOARD LOUNGE BENEFITS JUST GOT BETTER

We are excited to introduce an expanded Crown & Anchor Society benefit for you during your upcoming cruise! In addition to the nightly receptions at the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge (for our Diamond Plus and Pinnacle guests), you now have the flexibility to enjoy happy hour at a wide variety of bars onboard.

Your SeaPass Card will be pre-loaded with three complimentary drink vouchers for each night of the sailing, which can be used during nightly lounge hours. Toast your way around the ship, on us!

This expanded benefit will be slowly rolled out across the entire fleet by Fall. Kindly note, drinks vouchers are not valid in the main dining room, the Windjammer Café or in any of our specialty restaurants, and expire daily.*

We got the same email today for our cruise on the Grandeur for Jan. 2015.

Edited by retiredgram

Yeah! Thanks! This way I can go to the champagne bar with my daughter and son in law and use my voucher!

Cheryl

The Champagne bar was one of the venues listed where the vouchers were NOT accepted on Independence but there is nothing stopping you from getting a drink elsewhere and taking it to the Champagne bar. We love the new voucher system, enjoy:)

The Champagne bar was one of the venues listed where the vouchers were NOT accepted on Independence but there is nothing stopping you from getting a drink elsewhere and taking it to the Champagne bar. We love the new voucher system, enjoy:)

That's strange, the email doesn't say that the Champagne Bar is not included.

Cheryl

That's strange, the email doesn't say that the Champagne Bar is not included.

Cheryl

Was there anything on the Champagne drink menu that was on the Drink Voucher menu? I remember that menu having pricey Champagnes and cognacs (not House).

Was there anything on the Champagne drink menu that was on the Drink Voucher menu? I remember that menu having pricey Champagnes and cognacs (not House).

They should have the basics there to make things like Rum & Coke, Jameson & Ginger, etc.

Question?

We are new Diamond members, so this is a new perk for us.

My wife is very allergic to alcohol (she gets hives & her throat swells shut)

She LOVES Diet Coke!

Will she be allowed to use her vouchers for a soft drink?

Yes. She can get diet sodas in the diamond lounge and on her vouchers. I got sodas both way on the Freedom Of the Seas over July 4th. They only had diet coke and diet sprite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had the vouchers on the Explorer in March.

Yes, there was a letter in the cabin explaining the program.

I may even be able to find it..................

I looked for it and couldn't find it.

Then I came across it purely by accident just now.

Here it is:

Explorerdrinkvoucherexplanatio_zps09dd3e9c.jpg

:)

Yes. She can get diet sodas in the diamond lounge and on her vouchers. I got sodas both way on the Freedom Of the Seas over July 4th. They only had diet coke and diet sprite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The selection of sodas depends on the ship/concierge.

When there was no Diet Sprite on one cruise, I asked, the concierge apologized and from thereon, there were cans of Diet Sprite in the Lounge.

On another cruise, same thing with <drum roll please>, Caffeine Free Diet Coke.

:D

I am on a TA on Brilliance August 31. I have not gotten an email for that cruise, yet. I would think a TA would be a prime cruise for this promotion. There are TONS of D, D+ and I think a few P on our cruise [judging from the roll call]. The lounges will not be nearly large enough.

It is good to hear you got an email about the Vision for Sept. We sail on the Vision in November. :)