Stroller for 4 year old, worth bringing?

Trying to decide on whether or not to bring the stroller (light weight Maclaren Quest) on upcoming cruise. DS will be 4 and really doesn't use it much anymore, but debating on its usefulness for the cruise. Ports are Grand Turk, HMC and Nassau. Going to Ardastra Zoo and Gardens via local bus in Nassau, other two are beach days. Last year he enjoyed being pushed in the stroller at night after dinner on the top decks while watching his Ipad. I liked getting a nice walk in but not sure if a year later he will find that enjoyable. I'm thinking there isn't enough need to bring it, but would hate to want it and not have it. Thanks for any opinions.

One thing we hadn't considered with our 3 year old is that the week would wear on her... By the time we got to st. Martin, our very independent girl was begging to be carried because she was off schedule and tired. So we did sort of wish we had brought her a stroller! And by the time we were in the airport today??? Oh gosh, she was done. I would not have tried to use it on board. Too crowded and too many times it would have never fit in the elevator with all the other people.

My son cruised last year when he was four and rarely uses a stroller but we took our stroller and was glad we did! Just too much walking in Ports. That way we didn't have to worry about him keeping up with us.

We never used it on the ship though.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

I would bring it. We have never used it on the ship, but if you're flying, it's invaluable in the airport. I would think it would be handy zoo but you may not want it in any other ports. It's also a nice place to put a backpack or other goodies, even if your ds is walking part of the time. We brought a Maclaren Volo and it easily fit under the bed. As pp said, they get tired out after all of that "vacationing" and you don't want to carry a four year old.

I'd bring it. Very little downside to bringing it (a little lost space in the cabin, maybe a checked bag fee?) but a huge upside in potentially avoiding a meltdown in port. Heck if nothing else even he doesn't ride in it they make great buggies in port to carry your bags/water/snacks/towels/whatnots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the responses, we will bring it. Better to have it than not have it and I have gotten used to it carrying things besides him too :)

We have a Britax as a "real" stroller for trips to the mall or zoo etc. that I bought the little "console" thingie for that has a storage compartment and 2 insulated cup holders. And then we have a cheapie umbrella stroller for convenience/short trips. (And also putting her in to stroll around the house for "those" nights!) I'm amazes how much I miss the cup holders when I'm using the umbrella stroller! Best $20 I've spent in a long time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for asking this! We're taking our 3 children in October (oldest will be 4). We couldn't decide if it was a good idea to bring one for him. This discussion helped a lot!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Me too :), helps to get different perspectives!