Allocation of Suites ?

Delboy1

In our experience, yes you will know ahead of time. We've had two cruises in the last year that were GTY suite allocation. We found the best thing to do is regularly check the My Seabourn area of the website: the suite number appears there before our TA even knew it. Allocations were made between 14 and 7 days before departure.

Others may have different experience, ie suite allocation on embarkation.

In my experience probably ahead, but maybe only 6 or 7 days. Yes, keep looking on your booking details on the website. Even if you don't get them, you will certainly be on board and do not need to worry.

If you have luggage labels with GTY on them, and get to know the number, cross out GTY and write your number in. Your large luggage would then reach your suite more quickly probably.

We received our tickets for our cruise on Odyssey in three weeks time but have yet to be informed of our suite number. Are we likely to be informed ahead of boarding day ?

Are you on Athens to Venice? We are starting out on that segment on the Odyssey in three weeks and also don't have a cabin number yet. We are not worried. It was the same thing last time; we found out about a week before sailing and had a very nice cabin assignment. I noticed they are still selling guarantee cabins on an online discount site, even though when I booked Seabourn told me I got the "last" verandah guarantee. So, I figure they have no clue what the final passenger count is and will have to wait until the last minute for ship inventory to do their juggling act. At this point, I figure no news is good news!

We are anxiously awaiting our assignment for our July 27th sail date. We took a Veranda Guarantee, which was 2000 per person less than if we chose a V1. Can't wait to get on board.....

SM

Honestly, the differences between V1 and V6 are miniscule in my opinion.

They are the same size suite with location and very minor details marking the divide.

It seems that many repeat passengers either are happy taking a guarantee OR they have very specific preferences to the point that they are willing to pay hundreds (or thousands) more to guarantee a specific suite.