Getaway Carry On Bag Check, Is There one?

cheaperts

It seems I've read a few posts saying you can not check your carry on's anywhere when you board, is this correct? If not where do you check them, we always drop off our carry ons and go to the pool, can believe there is no such service on Getaway.....:cool:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I've always dropped my carry on's that I did not want to lug around with me off at a designated place (usually near the Atrium) It had always stated in the NCL Dailies where the spot was. I have not been on the Breakaway or the Getaway, but would assume they also would have one, unless the ship is too big and they don't have the room for that many, but I don't know. I would read the dailies while you are waiting to board from page to page or ask.

I've also read that, fleet wide, pax are now permitted to drop their bags off in their cabins whether the cabins are ready or not. I'm sure someone will come along and confirm that. I've tried to find that info on NCL website but haven't come across it yet.. I'll keep looking. :)

I've also read that, fleet wide, pax are now permitted to drop their bags off in their cabins whether the cabins are ready or not. I'm sure someone will come along and confirm that. I've tried to find that info on NCL website but haven't come across it yet.. I'll keep looking. :)

Subscribing to see if this is true. :)

We have been able to drop our bags off, even when the room wasn't quite ready. I chalked that up to the fact we were in a suite, but maybe it's for all rooms? That would be nice.

That seems odd to me. NOT saying it is NOT being done. I would think it would not be allowed only because of the congestion it would be causing in the hall ways while the crew was trying to turn rooms over. Have you seen them at work??????? They are maniacs, vacuum cleaners & carts in the hallways, dirty sheets, clean sheets & towels !!!!!!! ONLY my opinion this would be crazy. Not sure I would want my bags in an open possibly unattended room where anybody could walk by. But*********** I guess it's being done. I'll hang on to mine or drop them at the bag check area if it's still being offered. I'm heading to the MDR for a great sit down lunch, bags & all for the start of another great cruise on NCL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me rephrase

We boarded the Breakaway in Boarding Group #7 on June 8th. We were in our cabin that was completely made up and ready for our use by 12:45 PM. The door was not wide open- the cabin was ready for occupancy.

It was announced repeatedly in the terminal that our cabins would be "ready' for our bags upon boarding- though our stewards may still be putting finishing touches (read: the plastic luggage sheet, beach towels, refilling the soap dispensers in the shower) on the cabins though.

They start room turnover at 8AM on the day you arrive back in port. Each steward has +/- 16 cabins to attend to. That's 15 minutes a cabin for turnover. Not unreasonable at all. I have several friends who have worked in the hospitality industry and they averaged between 8 and 10 minutes for turnovers on checkout days- and hotel rooms are much larger than the cabins.

Edited by TravelDiva88

• 1 year later...

I was on the Getaway in July. I dropped my carry on bags in the room. It was not a problem, most of the rooms were done. Saw my room attendant Nancy in hall and asked if she would mind and she was fine with it. I was in 8130 and by the way Nancy was the best room attendant.

Could you tell me what time that was?

I don't remember exactly but it was early we got on very quickly I am going to say right around noon. The doors to the state room hallways may have a sign saying that they aren't ready, but if you go through, and explain too the room attendants that you just want to drop off some things they are fine with that. I have done it on other ships as well.