Prepaying Service Charge Problem

tymike

HI all!

I've been on the NCL website many times trying to prepay my service charge. Every time I get a message that NCL is "unable to display this option at this time." Is anyone else seeing this?

Can I call my PCC and prepay? I'm hoping that OBC obtained through promos, price drops and my NCL credit cards I will have little or hopefully no balance at the end of the cruise! Prepaying the service charge will go a long way in achieving that lofty goal!! :) Thanks for any input/advice!

Is anyone else seeing this?

No...the last time I pre-paid services charges online was last October and it worked perfectly. But hey, that was 8 months ago. :p

Can I call my PCC and prepay?

Yes you most definitely can. I always paid my sc's that way before it became an option to complete it online

Good to know I'm not alone and this has been ongoing for what seems a long time! I've been on three prior NCL cruises and this has never happened before. Why would NCL not want the $ sooner than later??

Perhaps a german court is guilty ;-). Nearly one week ago one of the higher german courts has decided that splitting the price into one amount for a part of the workers salary (dsc) and another amount for the rest is not OK.

Now they have changed the website and ask only for choosing dsc or individual tips. Perhaps rebuilding this german part of their website affected other areas.

Edited by Salsa_Sailor

Just tried again and turned away again!!! Will call my PCC on Monday! Thanks everyone...I'll let you know how it worked out.

I had the same issue a couple of times today. I logged out of my NCL account and closed all the browser windows. I was able to pay the service charge when I went back in. I find I have issues with explore and plan if I've been on the site reviewing options for longer periods of time. Most times logging out and back in fix it, but today I had to close down IE.

I had the same issue a couple of times today. I logged out of my NCL account and closed all the browser windows. I was able to pay the service charge when I went back in. I find I have issues with explore and plan if I've been on the site reviewing options for longer periods of time. Most times logging out and back in fix it, but today I had to close down IE.

Sometimes closing out and getting back in does wonders, however, I wish NCL would do something with their site, so that you wouldn't have to do that.

I noticed your cruise history. Wow, you really love Bermuda. My sister and her family just got back last week on the Breakaway and loved it. We are going to Bermuda for the first time in Oct and are really looking forward to it.

Just tried again and turned away again!!! Will call my PCC on Monday! Thanks everyone...I'll let you know how it worked out.

It's very easy for your PCC to do for you ... just one more day to wait though ;)

Sometimes closing out and getting back in does wonders, however, I wish NCL would do something with their site, so that you wouldn't have to do that.

I noticed your cruise history. Wow, you really love Bermuda. My sister and her family just got back last week on the Breakaway and loved it. We are going to Bermuda for the first time in Oct and are really looking forward to it.

Yes, couldn't agree more about the site!

Bermuda is awesome! It is safe, clean and so easy to get around using public transportation. I love being in port three days and wish there were more itineraries like this. It has also been really convenient being able to book last minute vacations on the Dawn living in the Boston area... having a little to do with work schedules and home is only 30 minutes from the port. I wish NCL would cruise Boston to Caribbean because I love not having to fly and would mix it up more. This year I had to try the BA and am looking forward to being in Bermuda Wed thru Fri instead of the usual Sun - Tue. Every year I say I am going to cruise somewhere different, but as you can see I was not successful again this year. LOL Enjoy your October Bermuda Cruise!

I tried several months ago and again last week and got the error both times. I still owe a balance so thought it might be because of that. Once I make the final payment I'll try again and if I get the same result I'll call.

I tried several months ago and again last week and got the error both times. I still owe a balance so thought it might be because of that. Once I make the final payment I'll try again and if I get the same result I'll call.

Owing a balance makes no difference. I pre-pay my DSCs before final payment always... for some odd-ass reason I can't explain...

I have always paid my DSC for every cruise since 2010. Sometimes the site will let you do it, other times it won't. I have no clue why. I have even had 2 rooms booked before under my name and been able to pay for one of them and not the other. :confused:

Anyways...whenever I can't do the payment online, I simply call NCL (even though I'm booked with a TA) and they will gladly take the payment over the phone with no problems. :)

• 1 month later...
Can anyone tell me where I find the oppertunity to pay the service charge?

Can't find it anywhere on the website, but i'm sure it's me that's blind as a bat :o

You should be able to find it on your MyNCL page, about halfway down the summary page there should be a line "pre-paid service charges" and if you expand that section it should give you the option to do that. Barring that if you call the customer service department with your booking number they can do it on the phone.

Owing a balance makes no difference. I pre-pay my DSCs before final payment always... for some odd-ass reason I can't explain...

I made the final payment today and still couldn't do it. I guess I'll have to call. I always log off the site and always shut down all my browser windows. Hey maybe I'll try using Chrome instead and see if it works :rolleyes:

Yeah I'll have to call I guess. I tried again today and am paid in full for our Feb. cruise but can't prepay the service charges. And switching browsers didn't work either :(

Edited by fergusonvt

You should be able to find it on your MyNCL page, about halfway down the summary page there should be a line "pre-paid service charges" and if you expand that section it should give you the option to do that. Barring that if you call the customer service department with your booking number they can do it on the phone.

Thanks for your quick reply, but the damn button ain't nowhere to be found:D

Not a big problem, we just pay on the ship.