Room Service in suites

We're travelling in a Crown Loft on the Oasis August 9th. From what I have gathered from the "Suite Benefits" page on RCI and posts here room service is different in suites - you can basically have the MDR experience without actually having to go to the MDR.

Is this true? And if you also have a drink package does that apply to suite dining? I know that regular room service is exempt from packages, and the mini-bar is exempt from everything meaning you pay no matter what. What about wine you bring on board? I know if you bring one of your allowed bottles to the MDR they charge a corkage fee but will they slap that on if they see us drinking it during dinner in the suite (or more likely if we ask them for wine glasses?)

Anyone care to share details? This is our first time in a full-on suite and while I can read and re-read about the benefits on the official RCI page I'm curious to hear from those who have experienced it first hand, particularly on the Oasis or Allure. We're not anti-social but it's just the two of us this cruise and I'm thinking a couple lunches/dinners in-suite is just the thing - I mean, they put a table in there for a reason :)

We're travelling in a Crown Loft on the Oasis August 9th. From what I have gathered from the "Suite Benefits" page on RCI and posts here room service is different in suites - you can basically have the MDR experience without actually having to go to the MDR.

Is this true? And if you also have a drink package does that apply to suite dining? I know that regular room service is exempt from packages, and the mini-bar is exempt from everything meaning you pay no matter what. What about wine you bring on board? I know if you bring one of your allowed bottles to the MDR they charge a corkage fee but will they slap that on if they see us drinking it during dinner in the suite (or more likely if we ask them for wine glasses?)

Anyone care to share details? This is our first time in a full-on suite and while I can read and re-read about the benefits on the official RCI page I'm curious to hear from those who have experienced it first hand, particularly on the Oasis or Allure. We're not anti-social but it's just the two of us this cruise and I'm thinking a couple lunches/dinners in-suite is just the thing - I mean, they put a table in there for a reason :)

Yes, you can order from the MDR menu in your suite. Drink packges do not apply to room service. You can have your wine in your suite without a corkage fee.

Well...sort of...you can order from the MDR menu, but it's certainly not like eating in the dining room! They do not deliver "course by course"....they will bring everything at once. Personally, I don't enjoy eating in the cabin...it's messy, and you have the dirty dishes to deal with after....ick.

Oh my what a great experience we had when we had dinner delivered to our crown loft suite.

First of all we ordered when we arrived back from Jamaica.......so it was after 6:15pm.

About 30 min later there was a knock on the door.

The food arrived but, more importantly, the delivery person, placed a table cloth down, napkins and set the table.

Then came out the silver ware.

All the courses were place in a very nice table presentation.

Butter, cream, salt and pepper shakers.

Very well done.

Highly recommend doing one meal in your suite.

The food was delivered on chargers covered plates. These were removed and place on the table.

Enjoy

We did.

Sea Ya

Thanks for the replies!

We don't plan on doing it for every meal but I'm thinking after a day out and about off the ship this might be just the thing. I don't mind all the food coming at once in that kind of situation.

And breakfast. Honestly I could eat every breakfast like this. I am least social in the morning and on cruises am a late riser besides so a nice breakfast on the balcony before the day starts sounds perfect.

How are breakfasts in suites btw? Same kind of MDR-menu experience?

Well...sort of...you can order from the MDR menu, but it's certainly not like eating in the dining room! They do not deliver "course by course"....they will bring everything at once. Personally, I don't enjoy eating in the cabin...it's messy, and you have the dirty dishes to deal with after....ick.

How long have you been experiencing this?

It's not my experience at all. I have been traveling in suites since 2003 with Royal Caribbean, and I can get the best service of any line......here on RCCl.

Rick

I would refrain from room service. Eggs are nog good to order, it comes cold. The milk gets there Very warm. I would just order bagels and such.. Have a great vacay

We order room service breakfast everyday. We call the night before and state the time we want breakfast delivered. We receive a call moments before the attendant is knocking on the door or ringing the doorbell (depending on which ship). We have never had cold eggs. The food is delicious and it is a great way for a non-morning person to start the day. We usually eat on the balcony. Full MDR room service is a perk for suites so why not enjoy it?

Hoppy

On Adventure we enjoyed the full MDR breakfast on a couple of occasions. As long as the MDR was open, we could order off the full breakfast menu, so eggs Benedict and Classic ordered with eggs over medium. Toast, pastries, coffee and tea delivered within 20 mins. Great way to start the day on your balcony.

I have had the MDR menu in our suite on many occasions and it really is very nice to be able to enjoy good food in the comfort of your own room or on your balcony. I really love it. The service can be variable, some go to the trouble of putting out a table cloth and laying everything out beautifully, others just dump it all on a tray on the table and let you get on with it. However, the food is always very nice and it is a real luxury I think :)

Why to you think they have to deal with the dirty dishes? Do you think they are going to have to clean the dishes in their cabin?

I think not. The cabin attendant will deal with taking care of all the dirty dishes.....

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We stayed in a Crown Loft Suite on the Allure and ordered breakfast twice. It was not as hot as we would have liked but it was acceptable. We didn't try it for lunch or dinner although I wish we would have tried it.

You will LOVE the loft suite!!

Interesting thread - good to know.

We recently sailed Equinox in a suite and had room service for dinner. Our Butler served the dinner course-by-course. It was very nice, food received proper temperature - great experience.

Glad to know there is a difference - I guess the leading factor is the Butler on Celebrity playing a larger role. Will keep this in mind for upcoming cruises.

Thanks for the info everybody.

You can also get a nice cooked to order breakfast in the CL and DL on Oasis and Alllure. Although it's a bit of a hike from the CL, it's a great way to start the day.

Or you can get a nice breakfast at the Wipeout Cafe. That was undiscovered territory on our Allure cruise, and we really enjoyed it.