MSC Roll Calls not well advertised

Aza1972

Is it just me or are the MSC Roll Calls not as easy o find as some of the other major cruise lines ??

On CC at the main Roll Call page MSC does not appear in the drop down box and I wonder if people are having trouble to find their cruise ??

Maybe this would explain the very low numbers of our Divina Christmas cruise. I would have thought that by now most people would have pre planned a cruise over Christmas.

What are others thoughts ??? Should Cruise Critic be including MSC in the main Roll Call page ??

Is it just me or are the MSC Roll Calls not as easy o find as some of the other major cruise lines ??

On CC at the main Roll Call page MSC does not appear in the drop down box and I wonder if people are having trouble to find their cruise ??

Maybe this would explain the very low numbers of our Divina Christmas cruise. I would have thought that by now most people would have pre planned a cruise over Christmas.

What are others thoughts ??? Should Cruise Critic be including MSC in the main Roll Call page ??

Yes, you may have a point. Although thee is a permanent link to the MSC roll calls forum from the MSC discussion form (this),if you go in from the top, i.e. cruisecritic.com-> Community -> Roll Calls, MSC is not one of the cruise lines listed. I find that odd considering that 1) MSC is the World's no. 3 cruise line by numbers, 2) The Divina is currently based in the U.S. all-year round and 3) in the internet age most people are able to communicate in English anyway.

Perhaps a suggestion to a mod?

Yes I agree they should be including MSC on the main roll call page to make it easier for people to find.

I don't think that is the sole reason for low number on roll calls though. Even on the Divina there is a significant percentage of passengers who are not American and probably won't have heard of cruise critic. May not even speak English.

Hi Everyone,

I've wondered about this myself, and have shared this thread with Cruise Critic management. If I hear anything further, I will be happy to provide an update. Stay tuned !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi, yes "earn", I too don't see where the difficulty is....

MSC Roll Call is right there where it should be on the main menu (2nd block of listings), and it has loads of cruises and listings. Is there perhaps a different format on some Boards if you are out of the US???...though you yourself are in Scotland....interesting...

Hi Everyone,

I've wondered about this myself, and have shared this thread with Cruise Critic management. If I hear anything further, I will be happy to provide an update. Stay tuned !

Thank you Andy:cool:

What am I missing? As far as I can see, the MSC Roll call section is exactly where I would expect it to be!

If you check the other cruise line roll calls they are separated by ship. In other words Divina would have their own roll call, same with Armonia etc.

I think they have decided to keep it like this because there isn't a lot going on there. It looks like it's only Divina that have some activity. I tried to make one for our sailing but haven't had any replies.

Self-fulfilling prophesy.

All Divina threads are active because she is currently based in the U.S. and the Cruise Critic community is heavily skewed in that direction. Without any intended rudeness or offence, there will be a huge number of us on CC who will be releived when the Divina leaves the U.S. so that this inane, incessant chat about things which have been discussed ten thousand times before dies down and we can get back to discussing substance and reality.

Actually though, you will find that our roll-call for the MSC Armonia, for our repo cruise from Sharm el Gran Canaria to Venice, set the all-time record for contributions and views. She has never been near the U.S..

Host Andy, many thanks. Some upstairs obviously don't understand the nuances of entering the roll calls from the home page.

Edited by Skipper Tim

This is what we are referring to. the main roll call menu on the site, MSC is missing and no doubt plays a part in the MSC roll calls being quieter than others. Unless someone is already familiar with CC, it would be easy for people to assume MSC is not a part of CC.

ScreenShot2014-06-23at103907pm_zps20f4ef7c.png

I started T/A rollcall for Lirica cruise in March 2015..I´m the only one on it

I must admit I´m fed up reading about Divina on the MSC board, thought all other sMSC ships had sunk!!

Sandy in Spain

Edited by t60

I must admit I´m fed up reading about Divina on the MSC board, thought all other sMSC ships had sunk!!

Sandy in Spain

You don't have to read the posts that do not interest you,do you?

This is what we are referring to. the main roll call menu on the site, MSC is missing and no doubt plays a part in the MSC roll calls being quieter than others. Unless someone is already familiar with CC, it would be easy for people to assume MSC is not a part of CC.

Thank you for clarifying. I did not realise this. I go straight to the forums without needing to do a search.

You don't have to read the posts that do not interest you,do you?

I so agree.

Sandy in Spain

I post lots of questions about the Poesia, but I really don't get many answers ;-) Don't worry, after August I'll make lots of post about my trip ;-)

I have not found it difficult to locate the MSC Roll Call however find it a little cumbersome to use without separate lists for each ship. Even Aida has different categories for each ship...with a total of 15 threads do date. Not bad for a cruise line that does not market outside of a few countries in Europe. Is it possible to do the same for MSC Roll Call?

For most of us who have cruised before, and have been part of a roll call, it is not too hard for us to find the MSC Roll calls. However, the point I am trying to make is that some people who are new to Cruise Critic and Roll Calls may be put off by the fact that MSC does not appear in the search. Potentially this may mean not only that people miss out in roll calls but also may not join Cruise Critic as members.

Princess ... What do you want to know about the Poesia ?

I have asked about the activities on the ship? What is there to do? Does it cost extra? And what about the Fitness center, do they offer classes? And when does it open and close?

Hi Princess ... Depending on which ship some activities are not available, there is Mini Golf, the usual sports area for Basketball, Football,Tennis,Table tennis. Shuffleboard and boardgames/cards although you have to go and collect these from a member of staff including golf clubs and batsm balls plus raquets and return them after use. These are Free to use as is the water slide on Preziosa.

The fitness centre is usually open from around 7am until around 9pm and this is also Free, they usually offer different classes but you have to pay for these and for use of the Spa unless you are in a spa related cabin.

There is also a morning Jog at around 7am for those interested.

Amo mondo has replied on another thread re other games etc.

Hi

Your not wrong there! Tried last year for MSC Opera and found nothing & had no replies at all. More success this year, and have met a few others who are going & arranged to meet for a celebratory welcome aboard drink, Its always nice to meet others and looks like we`re planning other stuff too. Sailing this Sunday! The site and posting etc is a little confusing at first and takes a while to get used to, MCS Roll calls definitely need a little more work input!

Self-fulfilling prophesy.

All Divina threads are active because she is currently based in the U.S. and the Cruise Critic community is heavily skewed in that direction. Without any intended rudeness or offence, there will be a huge number of us on CC who will be releived when the Divina leaves the U.S. so that this inane, incessant chat about things which have been discussed ten thousand times before dies down and we can get back to discussing substance and reality.

Actually though, you will find that our roll-call for the MSC Armonia, for our repo cruise from Sharm el Gran Canaria to Venice, set the all-time record for contributions and views. She has never been near the U.S..

Host Andy, many thanks. Some upstairs obviously don't understand the nuances of entering the roll calls from the home page.

Why would anyone be happy or look forward to the Divina leaving the US? And how huge is this number looking forward to the Divina leaving since I rarely see more than 20 different posters on any Divina thread?

Why would anyone be happy or look forward to the Divina leaving the US? And how huge is this number looking forward to the Divina leaving since I rarely see more than 20 different posters on any Divina thread?

1) For reasons given - the intolerable inane chat about nothing of significance which has already been covered a thousand times before.

2) 20 posters are enough to bring down a forum. Let's stick to topics and subjects.

For every 20 'Divina posers' there are 200 people keeping quiet because they don't feel they fit in.

Let us get back to some form of sense.

1) For reasons given - the intolerable inane chat about nothing of significance which has already been covered a thousand times before.

2) 20 posters are enough to bring down a forum. Let's stick to topics and subjects.

For every 20 'Divina posers' there are 200 people keeping quiet because they don't feel they fit in.

Let us get back to some form of sense.

I'm just curious as to what you consider "nothing of significance". While something may not be significant to you, it may mean the world to someone else.

It seriously sounds as if you want to turn the MSC forums back to a Eurocentric part of the CC forums without Americans cluttering up the area with our input (assuming you expect fewer Americans on board after the Divina leaves its US homeport).

I seriously hope what I highlighted in red is just a typo and you meant "posters"? :eek:

Edited by Out to sea!

OTS ... Other cruise lines on CC have all ships listed so that people can actually look at their chosen ship for a cruise and not have to trawl through everything Divina to find what they are looking for!

Even the host agrees that the MSC forum should be the same, people on other ships make posts that disappear due to the large number of people asking the same questions rather than doing a search first by themselves.

By listing each ship any posts are kept within that forum for those who want to read them or ask questions.

It cannot be difficult to change the MSC forum to mirror those of the other cruise lines.