Coral Suite Layout

dbeckett

We are booked to do the Panama in April (originally on the Island, till Princess moved her to Europe because of Venice) and see that the suite layout has a notice across it saying Your premium suite will differ from what is show here

There is also has the same notice on the Island suites. As the suite looks to be the same as on other ships it would be interesting to know what they are going to do to change it. Does anyone have any thoughts on what changes they could be making? I initially thought it was due to the suite being the mirror image but all the suites say it so... I know this will probably end up being a wish list (don't mention internet access!!) but it could be a good thing for Princess to consider as it will show them what people think is important.

Hi there

Great cruise to choose. However the suites on the coral are very small and the balcony not very deep. They are on the side only, because of the transit views. We travel mostly in suites and prefer the aft suites which are much larger. I do not think I would pay for a suite on the coral again. A mini suite is ok and the only thing you will miss is the breakfast at Sabatinis.

Anyway just my humble opinion! Have a great cruise!

We are booked to do the Panama in April (originally on the Island, till Princess moved her to Europe because of Venice) and see that the suite layout has a notice across it saying Your premium suite will differ from what is show here

There is also has the same notice on the Island suites. As the suite looks to be the same as on other ships it would be interesting to know what they are going to do to change it. Does anyone have any thoughts on what changes they could be making? I initially thought it was due to the suite being the mirror image but all the suites say it so... I know this will probably end up being a wish list (don't mention internet access!!) but it could be a good thing for Princess to consider as it will show them what people think is important.

We were on Island last year and apart from the orientation (head forward or aft ) and different levels of shade on the balconies on C & D rear and the midship suites all 16 suites are the same and the photo appeared to be representative to me.

I don't know what other ships you are familiar with, but they are similar in layout only slightly larger to the midship suites on deck B of the Sun class and on R deck midship on the Grand ships, though I think the 'bar area' is in a slightly different place. I also think the balconies are deeper on Coral and Island, certainly we were able to put two loungers side by side with the small table between them. They also don't have the cut out aspect of Sea Princess' balconies.

When I say they are all similar, I mean in terms of location of internal doors to the toilet and bathroom, the walk in wardrobe, is, I think in the same place on all three and they all have the curtain separating the living area and the lounge area.

We were in C704 - Sumatra Suite on Island last Christmas and the photo shown and plan in the 'Stateroom' section of the ship's description is representative of our suite, though it is the mirror image of C704 - ie in C704 we turned right from lounge to get to bedroom, not left as in the photo.

My references to the Sun class are based on my personal knowledge of B405 and my references to the Grand class are based on my personal knowledge of R405.

Trust this helps.

CM

EDIT: When I looked from here in France I did not see any note about the layout being different, but I did realise that the photos are old photos and the bedding has been updated since the photos to the latest colour scheme and you also have wooden lounge furniture with navy blue cushions. So that could be what they are referring to.

Of course it could have change since we were on board.

Also don't know whether the ship is yet full, and you can still select your cabin number, but take note of this tip. If you are going from Caribbean to Pacific, even numbers (port side) are SLIGHTLY better and from the Pacific to the Caribbean, odd numbers are SLIGHTLY better - this is because ships going the other way will pass on your side and the railway and infrastructure in the canalised section plus the Chagris river will be on your side. You will also have more sun - which may not be to your liking.

Information based on have done the transit three times.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

Hi there

Great cruise to choose. However the suites on the coral are very small and the balcony not very deep. They are on the side only, because of the transit views. We travel mostly in suites and prefer the aft suites which are much larger. I do not think I would pay for a suite on the coral again. A mini suite is ok and the only thing you will miss is the breakfast at Sabatinis.

Yup they are smaller than the S2 owners suites on say Ocean with the massive balconies, we didn't find them too small and in fact very similar to the midship suites on other ships (remember the suites are S6 and S5 not S2 owners suites) and they don't have the vertical beam you sometimes get on aft suites.

We liked Island and would definitely book a similar suite again.

Anyway just my humble opinion! You will have a great cruise whichever side of the ship you are on. :)

Recommend this guy in San Juan del Sur http://www.macuatours.com/

We had all had a great trip with him - Check him out on Tripadvisor and also perhaps our group discussions in the Roll Call archives for Island Princess 20th? Dec 2013

Edited by Corfe Mixture

This will be the third Panama cruise so we know what to expect - we were more curious to see if anyone had any thoughts on what the "new" suite layout may be. As I had said we had booked the third one on the Island again but Princess opted to move the Island to Europe. We were lucky to get the last suite that was available on the Island - not the midship location we like but at least we got a suite. I'm currently keeping tabs on the sailing in the hope someone opts not to go so I snag a midship.

I'm currently keeping tabs on the sailing in the hope someone opts not to go so I snag a midship.

Exactly the same for us last year. When we booked, all suites had gone and we were initially wait listed for a suite.

We quite quickly got offered C704, which we took, and kept an eye on the website over the following 10 months in the hope of spotting an opportunity to move midships, but at no time did any more suites become available and we were very happy with C704.

Hi there

Last December we were in the Fiji Suite on the Coral and it was much larger than a mini suite. A large foyer with wet bar,living area divided by a curtain, TVs with DVD players and a large selection of movies. Fresh flowers and fresh fruit. Mini bar set up.Free laundry and dry cleaning. Room service from the dining room menu for all meals if you want it. And lots more that you will not get in a mini suite. Also the bathroom has a Jacuzzi tub and a separate shower and is divided into 2 sections. More storage space than a mini with walk in closet.

The balcony is also wider. with 2 chairs and 2 padded lounges. One large table and one small table.

• 1 year later...
Last December we were in the Fiji Suite on the Coral and it was much larger than a mini suite. A large foyer with wet bar,living area divided by a curtain, TVs with DVD players and a large selection of movies. Fresh flowers and fresh fruit. Mini bar set up.Free laundry and dry cleaning. Room service from the dining room menu for all meals if you want it. And lots more that you will not get in a mini suite. Also the bathroom has a Jacuzzi tub and a separate shower and is divided into 2 sections. More storage space than a mini with walk in closet.

The balcony is also wider. with 2 chairs and 2 padded lounges. One large table and one small table.

thanks for your input. So you thought there was a big difference between the mini and a suite?

If you believe the Princess website, aft on Caribe deck the balcony cabin with balcony is 234 sq. ft., the mini suite with balcony is 302 sq. ft. and the suites with balcony are 470 sq. ft. Part of that extra space is balcony, but the suites still have more than 100 sq. ft. more space in the cabin.