Question re upper birth

DH and I and a friend are cruising B2B on the Glory October 18th and 25th this year. Our friend has back issues and in the past, she has slept on the sofa bed, but found it really uncomfortable, even with the egg shell. So this time we booked cabin 1064 which has an upper birth. My question: are these more comfortable? I presume they have a mattress? Any help would be appreciated.

DH and I and a friend are cruising B2B on the Glory October 18th and 25th this year. Our friend has back issues and in the past, she has slept on the sofa bed, but found it really uncomfortable, even with the egg shell. So this time we booked cabin 1064 which has an upper birth. My question: are these more comfortable? I presume they have a mattress? Any help would be appreciated.

I have found the couch to be more comfortable. The ladder to get in the upper is very steep not sure if that would bother your friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

As an adult I have slept in an upper on 2 cruises. I find no difference between the upper and lower. I find them comfortable once you are up there. The problem is the getting up and down seems to get more tricky with each cruise........

I think the upper berth is as comfortable as the lower berth. It could be difficult getting in and out of the upper berth though using the ladder since your friend has back problems.

The bunks are PITA to get in and out of. Also the clearance to the ceiling is low. I'm under 5' and my head brushes against the ceiling when sitting up.

Getting up is easier that going down.

I'll hang a six pocket holder on the hook next to the bunk as a nightstand. Once up I only come down for one reason.

As an adult I have slept in an upper on 2 cruises. I find no difference between the upper and lower. I find them comfortable once you are up there. The problem is the getting up and down seems to get more tricky with each cruise........

I find it almost impossible to use an upper berth. My teenage daughter could barely get in one on Princess.